Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had understood the dynamic to be that Dr. Illan was Dr. Kelly's copilot and he is now on his own but they still assist each other. I don't know for sure tho.

Amanda Rae

This is my understanding too. Dr. Illan assisted Dr. Kelly with my surgery.

Let me make things perfectly clear. I DO NOT GAIN Anything.. I am not paid..and I do not work for them!! I am a small business owner... I work In social media and Public relations! I would never recommend or give advice on medical care or procedures. I would never want something to go wrong and that person be upset with me. Surgery is a big deal and especially going out of the states for. So I hope everyone does their own research.

I will tell my story and tell everyone how much I love Dr Illan and Omar but I'd never make them feel that they should book with them them. (I'd only tell my family and close friends that lol) but never strangers! Plus without knowing someone's FULL medical history that is just stupid! I worked in the medical field before going into my own business so I know the risk and complications..surgery is not for everyone!! I be damn if I'm going to risk someone's life for $200!!

And not to be negative but no dr in MX could pay me enough to be a coordinator. Most of them get paid per patient. I work to hard for just a couple hundred per "just maybe patients" and I love money way to much.. I don't have time for all that.. So take that however u want but trust me I'm not working with any dr trying to get patients. I will admit I did set up a private fb group for dr Illan but that was even before I decided to go to him!

So again I'm going to say I'm done done done with this topic! I am now home feeling great and ready to start my new life! I wish everyone well.. But don't bring that drama to me I'm not the one.. I won't back down but I know when to walk away also. I think everyone on here is smart enough to read between the lines.. So this topic is closed...

So that happened... Lol

Back to the OP's original question. I am scheduled in May and I decided on Dr. Garcia through Ready 4A Change as well. Since I am a revision I am paying $5500 but I believe my cost was going to be $4700 if it was an initial WLS. I did a lot of research and that was the doctor I felt comfortable with. Definitely read as much as you can and speak to as many people as you can... and don't hesitate to ask if they work for any of the surgeons or coordinating agencies ;)

So' date=' I have finally decided to have the sleeve done, only wish I knew about this years ago. I have tricare who do not cover sleeve kinda dumb, so I have to pay myself and it will be in Mexico. Can I get some input regarding how to keep cost down? what to avoid ? and any info you would like to share. thank you all[/quote']

Hi,

Just wondering why your not going to the nearest post/base that do this surgery for free? Your primary sends a consult with your request for sleeve, revision, etc., and if your previously banded you send your OR report from the band. Also, whatever else their Bariatric Clinic requests? You have to call the Bariatric Clinic at the post/bases to find out what their protocol is-Tricare usually has nothing to do with a self referral clinic on base/post.

I'm doing this at Fort Sam in San Antonio-I live 2 hrs away and I'm an Air Force wife retired 24 yrs.

Best Wishes however you do it:):)

Hi,

Just wondering why your not going to the nearest post/base that do this surgery for free? Your primary sends a consult with your request for sleeve, revision, etc., and if your previously banded you send your OR report from the band. Also, whatever else their Bariatric Clinic requests? You have to call the Bariatric Clinic at the post/bases to find out what their protocol is-Tricare usually has nothing to do with a self referral clinic on base/post.

I'm doing this at Fort Sam in San Antonio-I live 2 hrs away and I'm an Air Force wife retired 24 yrs.

Best Wishes however you do it:) :)

I am prohibited from a sleeve "active status" , I will go for it anyways I am tired of starving myself and running 10 trillions miles just to pass PT test and weight in only to regain in few short months plus my knees starting to pack up . I am not a high BMI I just want to stop fighting the battle of the bulge