Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I am now 9 days post op.. I was allowed pureed foods starting on day 3. I hear how everyone says.. ohhh I get so nauseous after 2 tsp .... I cant drink.. blah blah blah.. so am I lucky that I can drink plenty water.. hell I can even take a couple gulps without issues. I have pureed things like cottage cheese.. chicken drumstick meat with ff gravy... turkey chili with ff sour cream.. refried Beans with ff sour crams.. egg salad... and thats about it maybe. I measure everything out to 1/4th cup and eat it with ease. I usually do that about 3-4 times a day plus 2 Protein Shakes. When im finished I find myself wanting more... rather thats the fat person or actually hunger in beyond me... I feel to normal. Does that make sense? Now I know im not eating like my true fat self... I know that... but it kinda scares me that when I can start eating normal I wont feel restrictions. I also had my gallbladder removed..just for the fyi.

The end result is that you lose weight. Maybe the doc used a bigger guide to put the staple line, but you will lose weight. Just make sure your eating mostly Protein, protein, and protein for the first 6 months. The good news is, your able to get your Water in. Oh and I'm a little envious because you got your gall bladder out also. I am having mine out this coming monday and I'm not looking forward to it.... So just keep moving forward and remember, your weight will melt away and that's the end goal here... :) CONGRATS!

I think that's why they have you measure too. You advanced way faster than some of us...

But you are still only nine days out!! You probably don't have much sensation yet in your stomach,

Just keep measuring :)

Oh and by the way I NEVER threw up or slimed.

I was the same way, didn't have any issues keeping anything down, or managing all the liquids...but once I started incorporating mostly food, and not mushies...I totally felt restriction when it was a bite to many, glad I had Gas X on hand. Now, I'm counting calories, and weighing an making sure to stop eating before full (restricted)...proteins, Proteins, Water water....

Good Luck!

I was the same way...almost called my surgeon to ask if he Really sleeved me! I can eat anything...just smaller portions. I was also cleared for reg food at 2 wks. I lose a little slower than some..but I'm ok with that...as long as I lose!

I didn't start really feeling it until I started having stricture issues post op. How much restriction I feel always seems to be based on what I'm eating. Some foods just seem to take up more space than others. I think that we all have had to tackle the head hunger. We're conditioned to eat. I learned (and still learn on occasion) where my limits are. Rather than being able to have a lot more and a little discomfort like pre op, just one or two bites more than I can handle and my body goes "STUUUUUUUPID!"

It's good that you're having a smooth recovery!

You read my mind. I started pureed 2 days ago and was very nervous that it would hurt or that I wouldn't be able to eat much. Man was I wrong everything I've tried so far goes down great and I've also felt really hungry for the last 2 days. I don't think it is head hunger but I am trying to be aware of that to figure out if that is what it is. I do have a hard time getting enough Water in, not because I can't drink enough, I'm just never thirsty and have a hard time making myself drink. I figure we need to keep measuring and tracking and the weight should come of soon. You can do this. :)

I didn't feel any restriction with liquids are purees either. Now that I am on soft transitional foods, I'm definitely feeling it. Especially when I have some Protein and then a fibrous veggie (still cooked to death and mashed) like cauliflower. WHOA! Big difference. When I'm on full solids, I'm sure this will be even more pronounced.

Ok so I am now 9 days post op.. I was allowed pureed foods starting on day 3. I hear how everyone says.. ohhh I get so nauseous after 2 tsp .... I cant drink.. blah blah blah.. so am I lucky that I can drink plenty Water.. hell I can even take a couple gulps without issues. I have pureed things like cottage cheese.. chicken drumstick meat with ff gravy... turkey chili with ff sour cream.. refried Beans with ff sour crams.. egg salad... and thats about it maybe. I measure everything out to 1/4th cup and eat it with ease. I usually do that about 3-4 times a day plus 2 Protein shakes. When im finished I find myself wanting more... rather thats the fat person or actually hunger in beyond me... I feel to normal. Does that make sense? Now I know im not eating like my true fat self... I know that... but it kinda scares me that when I can start eating normal I wont feel restrictions. I also had my gallbladder removed..just for the fyi.

I'm 10 days out and I can barely drink an entire 11 oz shake during the day. I do drink Water (about 28 oz) and I eat ice chips. As for food, I had 1/4 cup really runny refried Beans and stretched that out over 2 days. I ate on it 4 times.

I sip slowly, but I can make larger sips today than I could yesterday.

I did have 4 teaspoons of mashed potatoes & gravy.

I've had a few tummy issues where I drink or eat and I feel full instantly.

My dr has me on 40 mg Prilosec and I take a few other med's and they have to be crushed daily. Those I mix with a spoon of applesauce.

I think we all are just learning and testing what we can eat and drink. I know when I feel full and when I need to stop.