Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Hello All,

This has been very helpful as I am still recovering and scheduled to go back to work on Monday..ughhh. Still a little nervous about the whole eating thing but it is getting easier each day and now I am almost able to bend over again :scared2:

Do you guys have any other suggestions for the first month of liquids? I have found a few things on here but anything new to try or quick to take to work would be good. That was a great idea about the Protein...maybe I will get a bag just for work. The main thing with this whole new way of life is you have to be prepared you just can't go like the old times..or atleast that is how I feel right now. I am sure it gets easier.

I would love to go for a walk in a few weeks when the weather is nice and I feel like I can walk more. Is that track off of the 273 that you were talking about? I think there are trails there too but have never walked them before. 896 and RT 40 they have a three mile trail which is really nice. Maybe we could set a date and all meet there sometime?

Talk to you guys soon!

Paige:lol: :sad_smile:

Hi everyone!

Welcome Alicia! Too bad you can't come to the support group meetings, maybe when we get together you can come and meet us.

Paige: Yep, the track starts behind Delaware Technology Center. It runs 1.76 miles which is 3.52 if we go all the way down. It has .1 mile markers on it, so you can walk as much or as little as you want. I'd love to set a date. I thought about walking this weekend, only the threat of rain stopped me from suggestion tomorrow. We can try it if you want.

FYI, the Protein powder at Walmart is called Body Fortress. It comes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and fruit punch. It has 26 grams of Protein per scoop. I did the life classes for both St. Francis and Christiana. (long story!) Christiana gave us some recipes for Protein Powder and the ones I will put on here are all OK during the liquid stage. Here they are:

Skinny Monkey (my personal favorite)

8 oz skim milk

1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder

1/2 frozen banana (or 1 packet Healthwise banana shake mix - you will need to add an additional cup of milk if you use the shake mix)

1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use low fat)

1 package of Splenda (stevia or whatever you like - it also tastes ok without this if you don't like real sweet stuff)

put everything in the blender and let it go.

(it has 38 grams of protein with the body fortress chocolate)

Peppermint Patty

8 oz skim milk

1 scoop chocolate protein powder

2 drops of peppermint extract

ice cubes

put in blender until smooth

Citrus Shake

8 oz light lemon or orange yogurt

1 package Healthwise grapefruit drink

8 oz Water

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

blend until smooth

these are concoctions I came up with:

Cream of potato Soup

made with can of skim milk (10 oz)

1/2 scoop chicken flavored unjury

blend until smooth

cook in microwave until warm. (You can do it without the Unjury and put the unjury in after you cook it to avoid it clumping up)

It makes 2 servings

cream of chicken Soup made with skim milk

put in blender until smooth

warm it up

put a little soy sauce or worchester sauce on top

this also makes 2 servings

1 can of cream of broccoli made with milk

put 1/2 can of cheddar cheese soup

put in blend until smooth

this makes 3 servings (feel free to add unflavored unjury or chicken unjury)

blend 1 can cream of potato soup with skim milk

in a separate container put 1/2 can of cheddar soup. Warm both of them up. Pour 1/2 of the potato soup in bowl, put 1/2 of the cheddar soup on top. Sort of like a baked potato with cheese

1 package of cream of wheat

(make it with skim milk or Water - whichever you use)

sprinkly 1 tbsp of sugar free Syrup on top

Ok, this is all that I have for the moment.....lol

Edited by hopeinapril

Wow! Thanks for all the great information...I found out today that cottage cheese was something I could have so I am overwhelmed with excitement :thumbup:

It's only been a little over a week so I am still pretty soar and have started to walk on my treadmill inside...did 23 minutes today but the stomach started to hurt so I stopped. I would love to meet you there maybe next weekend on Saturday or Sunday if the weather is nice? My personal e-mail is paige@pohlcats.com if you want to talk more and set something up or swap phone numbers and we can play it by ear. Anyone else in the area who would like to go is more than welcome. I am just so excited to get out soon and do something.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you all have a great weekend. It is just so hard to learn new things to do besides eat....am I alone or are you guys going through the same things? Trying to relax and recoup but every other commerical is something to eat...it's hard to forget about it.

Talk to you guys soon,

Paige

Thanks Alicia! That is so cool that we got our banding done a day apart. How are things going? I just sent something to Hopeinapril to see maybe if we could walk on the weekends if you are interested. I am still pretty soar and it's hard to bend over but I am ready to work on the new me real soon :thumbup:

Talk to you soon,

Paige

TGIF......

I am also interested in walking. I know I would walk more often if I had a walking buddy or group. Anytime evenings and weekends. And I plan on getting into a few exercise classes at the gym at work a few nights a week

I did something stupid this AM. Ate my small quantity of scrambled eggs too fast. PB... I hated it. Ran to the bathroom thinkiing i was going to toss it all back up!!!! But after a few rather loud and long burp/belches I felt a bit better. Definitely gonna be more aware of how fast I am eating. Always been a big problem for me...

I am stretching the guidelines of the mushy stage a bit. I had salmon and cauliflower for lunch, chewed it to death... and it was great....

I was able to get all my Protein in today. planning the night before was the biggest help.

As for walking. e-mail me on AOL at lynnt1215. I have my grandson Saturday afternoon and evening, but Sunday I am free. :thumbup:

366: I used to work at a law firm in town. We did asbestos and insurance defense. I got a better job a little over a year ago at a different law firm. We do mostly asbestos defense. It is not real exciting, but holy cow is it easy to bill!

I don't blame you for not taking summer classes. It is tough working and going to school. I think you are wise to give yourself some time to get used to the band.

that is what i do!!! ok, what firm where you with?? i'm at elzufon. that is so funny!!!!!!!!

You guys have given me some of the greatest ideas. I been a little down on this bleak diet for the liquid stage. I went to Super G today and got a few different things to spice up the diet. They had mangos on special. Well I put some cut up mango in the bullet with skim milk, banana, splenda, vanilla extract and Protein powder. it was great! Well as great as you are going to get with the liquid stage. Thought I would pass it on as an idea. I am looking forward to a banana and Peanut Butter shake tomorrow. I had no idea that I could use the stuff.

I went to the walking trail today for the first time today! I am proud of myself. I was too tired yesterday to do it. However, I wish I had because now I have so much more energy after the walk.

I got a little exercise in today.. went shopping and walked the mall. then came home and did a littlew gardening.

Tonight my grandson comes and he will run me ragged!!!!!

What walking trail did you go to Lisa? I have been to Delcastle up on McKennan's Church Road, but not the one at 896/40. Want to try that one with others, not knowing where the path goes and all. I know that the paths are safe, but feel better going with others. anytime anyone wants a partner I am ready..

Gotta do laundry and some house cleening...more exercise.

Catch you all later

Lynn

I second that there have been some really helpful recipes recently. which is awsome cause i had no idea what i was going to do for 4 weeks except drink carnation Breakfast and v8 juice. thanks for all the help everyone. I would love to meet someone on wed thurs and sundays at the 40/896 track i live right up the street. probubly not till after may but whenever anyone wants just tell me i'll be there. I'm one of those people that keep every appt with someone except the ones I make with myself.

Lynn: 896/40 trail. Its really nice. I think it is 2.5 miles. it is always crowded. we should set up a time to walk together. I need the motivation. However, I am kinda slow right now with the walking. I need to build my stamina up!:lol:

want to plan on Wednesday evening at 6pm at the 896/40 path in Glasgow?

Let me know, I am going to add it to my calendar as a date!!!

I m usually free every night but Thursday, bowling night, but this week is my last week. and this Monday I have a repairment coming to give me an estimate.

I went to the grocery store and bought frozen strawberries and mangos. Gonna add them to my Protein mixes and get an new flavor "blast". Acme has the Dannon liight & fit yougurt 10 for 10 this week, so that is a good bargain! and the bags of frozen fruit were 2/$5.

I did my walking while shopping today. I went and bought a generic brand of the magic bullett..

On one of the other site someone recommened thedailyplate.com as a source for an on line food journal. I took a look at it and it seems to be fairly self explanatory. I am currentl using a hand written journal to keep track of my food/liquid intake, but think this may be much easier.

Let me know about the walking on Wednesday.

Lynn

Howdy!

OK, sounds good to me about walking Wednesday at 6 at 896/40. Is there more than one parking lot now? There used to only be one. I'll keep an eye out for you all. I'm putting it on my calendar now. :)

Not sure if there is more than 1 parking lot, but will keep an eye out..

Today at work I was miserable, a constant pain on my left side, not near the port, but to the left of it just around the bottom of my ribcage. Sitting was horrible. I called CHRIAS and they said it was just tightness from the surgery and all the moving around they had to do internally, especially since i had a rather large hernia that was repaired. for whatever reason i hope tomorrow is better.

looking forward to wednesday evening..

Hi Everyone!

Hey Lynn I hope you are feeling better! I haven't had anything like that recently!

So, today is my birthday.....yeah me. I feel mostly pretty good. My birthday present to myself was the surgery. This year I got a big present. I am slightly sad because I weigh more than I did this time last year. But, good news is that I will weigh much less next year.

Life is OK. Yesterday was a tough one at work. I was SWAMPED! I worked until after 10 at home. I think I fell asleep before my head touched the pillow last night.

I still get twinges every so often. That is not bad. What really sucks is that my appetite is back. That and I have found out that I really don't have much in the way of restriction. I have had a few mushie foods and they slide right down. I can't wait until I get my first fill. I am going to step on the scale tomorrow and see what the news is. I am pretty sure it will be a pound or so. I did weigh myself today, but I didn't write it down and now I can't remember what it was. (If it was up, I would have remembered that for sure!)

Well, I am looking forward to walking tomorrow. I am going to ask my son's father to hang out with him while I go. My son is good, but that place is crowded and when he rides his scooter, he makes me nervous. (long story for this forum).

Sooooo.........I'm Miss Chatty today, but I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. :lol: