Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Wow!!! Sounds like you guys have been busy over the last few days. I hope to catch up with you guys on Tuesday at the meeting and walk on Wednesday if anyone wants to go to 40/896...it is so much easier with someone...so painful long and boring by yourself. Lynn is an awesome talker the time flies by...hope you can make it!

Everyone keep up the good work so we can run around that path next year...LOL or at least look good walking around it in our cute little outfits..if it rains maybe we could do the mall as a back up?

See you guys soon!

Paige:smile2:

Looks like a busy week

I hope the rain holds off so we can walk tonight. I liked Paige's idea about going to the mall to walk. Maybe that will be an option for tonight? The rain forecast looks pretty nasty for later today, but then again by 6:30 pm it could be totally different.....

Looking forward to tomorrow nights meeting with the Fitness Fair. And Wednesday with Dr. Wynn's forum on struggling with post op. Even though I am almost 7 weeks post op I rhibk it still will be helpful.

Lisa - I tries the ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce. Oh my God, it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. I think I have found my new favorite :wink2:

I bought some Protein Bars yesterday to take into work. I think the crunchy, chewy texture will help any afternoon temptations I seem to get every now and then.

Just a little tidbit of info. I am amazed that I only have one bag of trash for a whole week. I am used to at least 3. Less groceries, less garbage..

Hey guys I know this is a little off topic but either this site is really not working right today or my system at work is not opening all pages. either way I can't post a new thread, So my question to all of you is I'm having my surgery tomorroe with Dr Irgau, and it's scheduled for 9am. Did any of you actually start on time and also how long were you in surgery for? thanks for any replys.

from my experience they run pretty much on time. My surgery ran a bit longer due to hernia repair, but i think it was about 90 minutes.. not possitive. I do know I was asked to be there by 10am and they called me a 9am asking where I was... and I even double cheked with Misty the day before.

Good luck and let us all know how you make it through..

Hi Alicia:

I was a little later than they said, but not that much. There was a tv in the waiting area and they will bring you magazines and such.

Mine was just a little late. But I think it was rather fast - like 30 minutes. (I was asleep, so I'm not sure about that. :biggrin:) However, so your loved one doesn't panic, after they are sent off to the waiting room, you go back to another waiting area. I was back there for about 30 minutes or so before they took me in. (I don't know why you can't just wait with your support person - it's kind of cruel to make you wait all alone when you are stressed about the surgery.) After surgery, you'll be in recovery for a while (you'll be pretty out of it - I couldn't tell you what that room even looked like), then you'll meet up with your support person again after they get you settled in your room.

Good luck!

I got my EOB in the mail from my insurance today. The surgery was covered! All but $96. I am so happy. I was getting worried.

So far I have received EOBs from most of the support services with surgery and all the pre op appointments and tests, but nothing from Dr. Wynn's office.

I have had to pay about $400 out of pocket so far, but that is coming out of my flex spending.

Must be nice to know you had so much covered by your insurance..

How did signing your paperwork go??? Time to Celebrate this big event :thumbup:

:biggrin2: I plan on walking tonight at 6:30pm, I know HopeInApril, Paige and Delaware plan to, also. So she you there, Planning on the rain holding off. See you at 896/40

last wednesday was my one-month-to-go day! woot woot!

thursday was my first final. yeah we're not gonna talk about that.

i have a take-home final and a huge paper (that i haven't started yet) left - both are due on 5/14.

i am cleaning out my cupboards, fridge, and freezer - not only to save $ on groceries (over $4 for a gallon of milk?!), but to get rid of the foods that i won't be able to eat for a really long time (or ever!).

i pre-ordered a wii online and also pre-ordered the wii fit. i think that's going to help me get moving again. any wii players out there? it's really fun. i have to lose weight before i can play with my wii fit tho (there's a wt limit). but i will get there!

hope everyone is doing well. keep me posted on your progress!

DH and I are getting each other a Wii for our birthdays. We have it, but haven't opened it yet. (My birthday is on the 15th) I've never used one, but it looks like fun, and we're hoping it will get the whole family moving a little bit more. I'm not yet convinced, we're all a bunch of uncoordinated couch-potatoes who aren't even into video games, but I'm hopeful.

I was looking at the Wii Fit. I'm not sure that I would like it. I'm OK weight-wise now (yay!), but I'm still a little too big and the knees are a little too bad to be getting down on the floor or into weird positions. So I'm not sure how fun it would be. And, standing on something the size of a scale to do exercises sounds like a good way to fall and crack my head open on the TV. But, since I've never even used a Wii, I probably just don't "get it". You'll have to let us know how you like it, and if it is big girl friendly.

Good luck on your finals/papers! And I envy you being able to just clean out the pantry! (I have two young kids - house is full of junk.) Good job on recognizing that and having the willpower to make the change.

Howdy everyone!

The past few days have been rough on me. I was sick, then my son was sick. Then I was depressed. I hate to admit it but I am not thrilled with the weight I have lost so far. But, I am over that for the time being. I am starting new. I enjoyed the talk that Dr. Peters gave last week. I took out my book and went through what I really should be eating now. I think I got so stuck on the Protein and Water goals, I didn't realize how many calories and carbs I was eating. Now I have a plan!

The Sugar Free Chocolate was also a bad thing to have in my house. It is not that I overindulge (it has its own fail safe from overeating!) but that I had it at all.

Any suggestions for the sweet tooth? I'm just not sure how to handle that. I know it will come up again.

I'm very happy that I will have a fill this week. I think that will help motivate me. I am also eating a lot of protein, like chicken, eggs and cheese. My body seems to love carbs way too much.

Anyway, I'd love to walk on Monday....anyone interested? I have to admit that I haven't walked in a few days, but I want to get back to it.

Thanks for listening!

three sixty six - there is a light at the end of the tunnel, at least for this semester. I also cleared out my pantry before surgery. My daughter and grandson move in in a few weeks. I am giving them a shelf for their "goodies" and told her that is all the room she gets.

I have several packets of Unjury Soups for you if you want, just let me know.

HopeInApril - that but really caught hold of you and then your son. Hope both are over it and feeling better.

I have not tried the Wii. My daughter has one and said she has felt muscles in her arms and legs she was not aware of!! So it sounds like it would be a great workout!.

Lisa and I have been keeping up the walking, at the mall or at the 896/40 path. I find the few days I did not do it I felt sluggish, so gonna make sure I get some kind of exercise in daily.. I hope to get in as much as possible this week. I can walk late on Monday, so it may be at the mall for me. Not before 7pm, have an appt afterwork, and on Tuesday probably not free until 7pm. so if anyone wants to walk at those times let me know.

I too am looking forward to a fill this week. I have found myself over eating..if you can call it that, but definitely eating more than a few weeks ago. and have those days of not being able to feel full.

Paige - how are you f I heard you had a fill last Friday.

Hi Everyone!

Lynn: I'd be happy to walk tonight at 7. Just let me know where. I'm just as happy walking at the mall. It is closer!

366: Great choice to clean the cabinets out. I don't really have anything that I like that I shouldn't have. I think it is a good decision. A plan to succeed!

Paige: How is the fill going? Can you tell?

Fairy: Cool thing the wii. I want one, maybe I'll make it one of my rewards. At this point I don't have any gaming systems in my house, but that one looks like it will pull my son off the couch!

Today is a better day! After 2 days back on the plan, I feel much better. Guess being sick really can get me down.

Hope to see someone to walk with tongiht!

once I am done with my appt. I will call Lisa and HopeIn April so we can meet at the mall to walk.

Heading out from work now