Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got to San diego

I just got to San Diego. My surgery is scheduled today with Dr Ponce. I keep thinking I am going to change my mind. We are driving to Mexico with our driver Israel. Our coordinator is not with us. She couldn't make it last minute. So far no problems. My worry is that I will get to the hospital too late to have my surgery done today. Of course I don't want a surgeon who has been doing surgeries all day. We will see.

Curious to know what is the name of the facility you are going to? I had surgery in Tijuana 02/11/13 at Renovate Clinic aka Banjour Hospital. My doctor was Miguel Alessandrani, he was great, but the clinic was not clean and the persons that took care of me could not speak or understand English.

I did not have surgery until 7;30 at night and go back to my room at 1:00 in the morning.

I hope things go well and will be curious to see how your experience is.

Oh, just to let you know I am doing fine and have had no problems and my doctor was great!

Good luck bowgir!!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a easy recovery. I will be praying for you!!

Curious to know what is the name of the facility you are going to? I had surgery in Tijuana 02/11/13 at Renovate Clinic aka Banjour Hospital. My doctor was Miguel Alessandrani' date=' he was great, but the clinic was not clean and the persons that took care of me could not speak or understand English.

I did not have surgery until 7;30 at night and go back to my room at 1:00 in the morning.

I hope things go well and will be curious to see how your experience is.

Oh, just to let you know I am doing fine and have had no problems and my doctor was great![/quote']

I am at the INT hospital. It is currently 6:17 pm and I haven't had my surgery yet. They have me in a gown, blood drawn, EKG done and IV antibiotics on board. This is a hospital and not a clinic. It seems clean , I've seen several housekeepers. I'm glad I brought my own washcloths since the room I am in only has 2 full size towels. I am a little surprised that I will be having surgery so late but I guess it is not that unusual here. I jumped in the shower and am patiently waiting.

Good luck with your surgery Bowgirl! You are in good hands from what I have heard!

I am at the INT hospital. It is currently 6:17 pm and I haven't had my surgery yet. They have me in a gown' date=' blood drawn, EKG done and IV antibiotics on board. This is a hospital and not a clinic. It seems clean , I've seen several housekeepers. I'm glad I brought my own washcloths since the room I am in only has 2 full size towels. I am a little surprised that I will be having surgery so late but I guess it is not that unusual here. I jumped in the shower and am patiently waiting.[/quote']

Best of luck and a safe surgery!

Amanda Rae

Sending you loving fast healing thoughts. The good thing is that this will all be over sooner! Keep me updated, I'm right around the corner on the 9 April with Dr Ortiz at the OCC

Keep us posted on how the process unfolds for you. Good luck:)

So far this has not been a good experience. Some people have said didn't have any pain but I sure am. They finally took me from my from around 7:45 at night. I went back to the Or holding area For quite a while. My friend said got back to my room around 11:30. I have yet to see the dr. They put me to sleep before he got there and it is already the next day late afternoon and I haven't seen him. I can't stop dry heaving and I am constantly nauseated. I have been up to walk but this hospital is very small. The nurses don't speak any English. I keep asking them what they are putting in my IV and I can't get a straight answer. I wish I knew Spanish. I am waiting for a antiemetic ( nausea medicine ). I called quite a while ago. My stomach feels really tight. And thank goodness I brought my own washcloths. They have brought me a few large towels but no little ones.

That sounds kind of discouraging....I'm having surgery at that hospital with Rodriguez in 7 weeks....hope you start feeling better real soon and keep us all posted!!

Well wishes

Praying for you and I wish you the best.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time! :( Get some rest and walk as much as you are able. Yeah, and keep asking for meds!

bowgirl I hope you are having a better day today. I've been thinking about you.

So far this has not been a good experience. Some people have said didn't have any pain but I sure am. They finally took me from my from around 7:45 at night. I went back to the Or holding area For quite a while. My friend said got back to my room around 11:30. I have yet to see the dr. They put me to sleep before he got there and it is already the next day late afternoon and I haven't seen him. I can't stop dry heaving and I am constantly nauseated. I have been up to walk but this hospital is very small. The nurses don't speak any English. I keep asking them what they are putting in my IV and I can't get a straight answer. I wish I knew Spanish. I am waiting for a antiemetic ( nausea medicine ). I called quite a while ago. My stomach feels really tight. And thank goodness I brought my own washcloths. They have brought me a few large towels but no little ones.

I hope you're feeling better.

Amanda Rae