Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suprised at how much of an a** my husband is being

I just came home yesterday and I'm 6 days post op and...my husband is just being such a jerk. I'm not sure what his problem is and he says I'm moody. WTF??? I don't feel moody. We were so happy 6 days ago....ugh! I'm just venting because I really do love the a*****e and was so happy to come home to the jerk. Now I just want to go to work, back to Mx, or anywhere he isn't. OAN, my kids are all up under me and so attentive.

most people are moody after this surgery. I'm not saying you ARE, but you might want to take a step back and try to smooth things over, for whatever the reason, especially women... this effects us emotionally more than we like to admit.

Pain meds throw me into a crazy personality and at first I wasn't aware...

Also, some spouses think if you lose the weight, they will lose you. He might need some reassurance.

SweetTee, I see you joined over 8 months ago and have over 500 posts. This tells me you have been on this site reading and posting quite a bit while researching this procedure. Assuming everything I just wrote is true, then I know you have seen dozens of threads by women talking about how bitchy they find themselves post sleeve. If they say they aren't bitchy, then their spouse all of a sudden is ... hmmm ...

I'm not saying it's you, but what has changed lately? Since you joined a while ago, I'm also guessing your husband has known about this procedure and you have been talking to him about it.

Again, I'm not saying it's you, but can you honestly say you have no ownership in anything regarding the latest conflict? Have you been rigorously honest with your husband about your emotions throughout this all?

Sweet tea you are right your husband is an a**hole!

Tell him shut up and give you a foot massage!

:P

I remember the 2nd week post-op I turned into a monster and EVERYONE around me was an a*****e ! Amazing how that happens. Just don't kill or maim anyone, go and slam some doors, pray because God listens and is NEVER an a*****e, and remember that this too shall pass. *HUG*

And yes, my husband is still an a*****e, but he's my a*****e :-)

I had a similar experience with my hubby the first week after my surgery. I don't know if it was me, or him. Happy to say that within a couple of weeks we were back on track. So far we have survived WLS, LOL. Hang in there!

Thanks you guys, and PDX Man you are right. He says he was upset that I was in the store complaining over the price of chewable vitamins, lol. It took me forever to pick one. He also said he was glad that I am putting me first and I would not have been complaining if it were something I was buying for the kids. He also apologized and said that I was extremely moody yesterday. I know that I was but I figured they should cut me some slack and understand. I was so frustrated cause I couldn't eat anything!!! He kissed my sweet face and told me he loves me and he's my a&$ho$&. :). So today I made him his favorite meatloaf, potatoes, and corn. I also baked him his favorite sweet potato pie. If I felt up to it I would give him dessert twice,(wink). Maybe next time.

Boy sweet tea! If I'm an ass to you then kiss your pretty face afterwards and say sorry...,

Will you make me meatloaf and sweet potato pie

:)

Ha! I am eating meatloaf right now. Not kidding. But I made it, not SweetTee, but I'll let my wife know I'll be looking for dessert later.

Yeah, this is a tough, emotional time for us and we set expectations for the people around us that they are just not able to meet. Remember, expectations are just resentments in the making, so try to right-size your expectations. The only thing you have power over is yourself and your actions.

Now, where's my ketchup?

Boy sweet tea! If I'm an ass to you then kiss your pretty face afterwards and say sorry...' date='

Will you make me meatloaf and sweet potato pie

:)[/quote']

Ikr he has me wrapped around his fingers!

I m 8 days off first off Congrats Diva.

I say yes I have been Moody. i have caught myself tearing because I couldn't go to my kids events. But I m starting feel better overall.

I say make him some SweeT Tea when you feel up to it .

Ballermom

Hubby is acting great these days. I think it has more to do with me "taking care of him" than my cooking, LOL!

My boyfriend is also touchy and on eggshells I just let him sleep at night and not do any evening exercises I need to focus on my surgery and not waste energy on any of his crap