Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know how to feel right now. I've only had gatorade and Water the past 5 days. I tried chicken broth and jello... Yuck. I feel a little hungry (not head hunger) and it does subside with Gatorade but returns after a little while. I'm suppose to be on clear liquid till Tuesday but I just want something substantial like a Protein Shake or a yogurt. So far I don't have a problem drinking anything but I don't want to cause a leak by eating something. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be hungry right now. On top of that, I haven't lost anything... I've gained 5 pounds. With?

Hi sorry your having a hard time but just hang in their it will be ok. Just keep thinking positive.

I don't know how to feel right now. I've only had gatorade and Water the past 5 days. I tried chicken broth and Jello... Yuck. I feel a little hungry (not head hunger) and it does subside with Gatorade but returns after a little while. I'm suppose to be on clear liquid till Tuesday but I just want something substantial like a Protein shake or a yogurt. So far I don't have a problem drinking anything but I don't want to cause a leak by eating something. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be hungry right now. On top of that' date=' I haven't lost anything... I've gained 5 pounds. With?[/quote']

I had surgery on the 21st and can understand what you are going thru. I've been on Clear liquids for 3 weeks now and would love something "real". I've been trying to read over other sleevers encouraging messages all over the boards about how they endured it as well and that now it's so insignificant to use as a mental boost to get me through this. There's no doubt it's not going to be easy but keep your eye on the prize. I also gained five lbs from the IV fluids but it came off within the first 5 days and I'm on the downward slope scale wise now, I'm sure you will see the same results soon. Hang in there!

It will get better the two weeks is the hardest,once you get through those first two weeks it will be better, please listen to your Dr. and follow your phases,because you don't want to get sick,just try to flush as much fluids as u can,because on my first posp-op they had to give me iv fluids in the office,and also don't do your weight everyday,only once a week i know it's hard,when u start your second phase u will notice a weight drop so pay the scale no mine,because it's only Water, stay encourage,trust me it will get better :)Also i find the timer helps me it reminds you to drink and eat , and i feel you on Jello i will not eat jello for the rest of my life lol..

I had surgery on the 21st and can understand what you are going thru. I've been on Clear Liquids for 3 weeks now and would love something "real". I've been trying to read over other sleevers encouraging messages all over the boards about how they endured it as well and that now it's so insignificant to use as a mental boost to get me through this. There's no doubt it's not going to be easy but keep your eye on the prize. I also gained five lbs from the IV fluids but it came off within the first 5 days and I'm on the downward slope scale wise now' date=' I'm sure you will see the same results soon. Hang in there![/quote']

Thanks salsha. Well I hope I'll be on the downward slope soon. I don't understand why every doctor has different diet rules... I'm confused on how things are really supposed to be

It will get better the two weeks is the hardest' date='once you get through those first two weeks it will be better, please listen to your Dr. and follow your phases,because you don't want to get sick,just try to flush as much fluids as u can,because on my first posp-op they had to give me iv fluids in the office,and also don't do your weight everyday,only once a week i know it's hard,when u start your second phase u will notice a weight drop so pay the scale no mine,because it's only Water,stay encourage,trust me it will get better :)Also i find the timer helps me it reminds you to drink and eat , and i feel you on Jello i will not eat Jello for the rest of my life lol..[/quote']

Lol ya jello is a no go. I just feel a little stressed out cos I'm sick of Gatorade and I don't understand the post op diet. I don't have health insurance so I'm a little afraid about getting dehydrated

It really does get easier. I was also a self pay patient and very concerned about getting dehydrated. I sipped a lot of Water. I found it easier to sip warm liquids. Good luck to you

All this Jello talk, do you think that I can add a dollop of fat free sugar free cool whip on top for addidional flavor?

What kind of Gatorade are you drinking? Some of that stuff has a lot of sugar and sodium. There are unflavored varieties of Protein that you can probably add to a liquid so long as your doctor did not specifically forbid Protein. Can you have Decaf coffee and tea, crystal light, sf Popsicles? Anything like that could change things up for you and make things more bearable. My doctor sent me home on limited liquids for two weeks and it was hard. I gave in after the first week and had some Tomato Soup (I was allowed tomato juice so I saw little difference) and I had no ill effects.

I don't know how to feel right now. I've only had gatorade and Water the past 5 days. I tried chicken broth and Jello... Yuck. I feel a little hungry (not head hunger) and it does subside with Gatorade but returns after a little while. I'm suppose to be on clear liquid till Tuesday but I just want something substantial like a Protein shake or a yogurt. So far I don't have a problem drinking anything but I don't want to cause a leak by eating something. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be hungry right now. On top of that, I haven't lost anything... I've gained 5 pounds. With?

I don't know how to feel right now. I've only had gatorade and Water the past 5 days. I tried chicken broth and Jello... Yuck. I feel a little hungry (not head hunger) and it does subside with Gatorade but returns after a little while. I'm suppose to be on clear liquid till Tuesday but I just want something substantial like a Protein shake or a yogurt. So far I don't have a problem drinking anything but I don't want to cause a leak by eating something. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be hungry right now. On top of that, I haven't lost anything... I've gained 5 pounds. With?

I am also on day four and in the same boat you are in. I also cant get out of bed or off the couch without help because my incisions on the left are so painful. I have only drank Water, g2 gatorade, Tomato juice and some Protein Shake. The pain meds do little to take away the pain and I count the time between them because I need to take them again so bad. I was hoping to go back to work on Monday (desk job) but I walk around hunched over and in pain. I know that we need to keep our eye on the prize but this first week SUCKS! I look at others who flew through this and I'm super envious, even some that walk like a mile and half allready, or go shopping. Wow.. I had my surgery Wednesday and I dont think even a car ride would be a good idea. I am walking like crazy in my house and sipping water, I know that I will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel but not today..lol.

Boy can I feel your pain. I'm on day 6 post op and I HATE Jello. Everyone that visits me bring me jello instead of flowers. Very kind, but at this time I prefer the flowers. I can't stand even looking at that plastic container. I haven't been able to drink all my liquids bc I'm tired of drinking liquids. Prior to surgery I was on a preop diet for 10 days so at this point I don't want anymore liquid and I find myself gaging and trying to hold down the liquid. My sleeve does not tolerate Protein Shakes just yet. I tried but it's a no no. I call my DR and he said my sleeve needs to heal b4 I introduce Protein shakes. My question is how long? I need some nutrients. I feel weak. All I'm drinking is broth, jello and Water. My post op appt is on Wed. I hope I'm able to feed this sleeve something bc I really don't have any energy to do anything. I'm suppose to return to work on the 11th but I don't know if that's gonna happen. I'm not feeling strong enough. I have a desk job but my commute is 2 hours to the city and back home. I'm afraid of not being able to focus at work. I constantly dose off for a quick minute bc I have no energy.

I also hate Jello, even before surgery so I've been living off Water and the occasional apple juice for 3 weeks. I did start drinking a bit of Gatorade which I also don't like post surgery but half a bottle is more than enough for me each day - blech!

I'm not going to lie, because of how exhausted I am I had a two spoons of ceviche today, and 3 bites of chicken. I chewed it till it was mush in my mouth because I was worried about it making me sick but I was desperate for energy. It didn't help though, I'm about to take a nap. Lol

I am also on day four and in the same boat you are in. I also cant get out of bed or off the couch without help because my incisions on the left are so painful. I have only drank water' date=' g2 gatorade, Tomato juice and some Protein shake. The pain meds do little to take away the pain and I count the time between them because I need to take them again so bad. I was hoping to go back to work on Monday (desk job) but I walk around hunched over and in pain. I know that we need to keep our eye on the prize but this first week SUCKS! I look at others who flew through this and I'm super envious, even some that walk like a mile and half allready, or go shopping. Wow.. I had my surgery Wednesday and I dont think even a car ride would be a good idea. I am walking like crazy in my house and sipping Water, I know that I will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel but not today..lol.[/quote']

I am 2 days post op and I can't get on an off couch bed and toilet. Incision on rt side is painful.

Wow ladies, I'm sorry we are all going through a tough time. Hopefully in a couple weeks this will all be distant memory. I'm feeling a little better today just annoyed cos I want food. I'm so over liquid. Lets stay in contact.. I need support and I'm sure you all do too

Hang in there. I promise it does get better. I have done this twice now, once for my lap band and once for my sleeve.

When you are on clears it's hard but do your best to stay hydrated. I kept a medicine cup on the table next to me. I also found sippy cups helped me not chug. At 4 days you aren't at much risk of dehydration. You had a lot of fluids during and after surgery. Just sip sip sip and it will get better. I promise.

Some things you might not realize are clear:

Skim milk (I did lactaid because I Heard so many others say they had dairy issues)

sugar free Popsicles- at least gave the illusion of chewing

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder-chicken Soup, strawberry and unflavored are all clear (saved my energy once I found this)

Crystal light

Diet snapple

Boullion

Strained broth out of Soup.

Low sugar or diluted juice (no pulp)

Decaf tea (I love peppermint)

My biggest advice is find a Protein that is clear. I didn't have that the first time around and it changed everything this last time.

And finally a big hug from both me and my Tigger pillow pet. Poor little guy got squeezed smushed and cried on so much these last few months. :)