Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction no money /sigh

I have no restriction at all on my band I can eat like a 3 course mean if I wanted and thats no lie because I have eaten just about that much at one point. I had 3 tacos and some Other stuff to go with it with No problem at all totally loaded with everything. I suffered no ill affects. I need a fill so bad but my doctor will only let me get fills up to 90 days out then I have to pay 300 bucks a piece and when his nurse gave me my last fill it was almost a rediculous size I mean like a quarter of a CC. She said people dont need to be filled above 2cc on a 10cc band. and thats where I was. So now My Global is expired, I have no money, holidays are coming, and I am basicaly screwed. Typical of my life I must say of current. :cry I just wanted to pout and maybe get some encouragement not to eat myself back to my old weight since I could with no problem its like I have no band at all.

Gummie, I'm Sorry About The Cost Of The Fills And Not Able To Get Another One. I Would Try Real Hard To Just Diet For Now, Until You Are Able To Get Another Fill. I Know It Is A Bummer, But You Don't Want To Gain Anymore Weight After All The Things You Have Gone Through To Get Where You Are Right Now. Are You Starting Your Day With A Protein Drink? Are You Eating Enough Protein? This Will Help Your Hunger. When You Can Get Another Fill I Would Let The Dr Or The Nurse Know That You Are Paying A Lot Of Money For The Fill And You Feel He Should Put Enough In That You Can Reach Some Sort Of Restriction! This Is Your Money You Are Spending And He Sould Help You! Good Luck

Diane

"People don't need to be filled above 2cc in a 10cc band." That's nutz!! I have 6cc in mine and the other women I know who have been banded in the same centre have 7 or 7.5cc in theirs. Not all of us have yet hit our sweet spots. I will probably have to have another fill in a couple of weeks.

My suggestion to you, Gummie, is to see if you can find someone who does a cheaper fill. Maybe you could also try to talk to the doctor about his nurse and her underfill. Perhaps he will give you a fill on the house.

Shop around for another MD to do your fills. I have an 11 cc band with 6.6 cc's in it and I'm just minimally restricted with an appt. schedule in 2 weeks for a fill. YOU are NOT a failure, that nurse is and she should not be dispensing incorrect advice or information. Request to see the MD.

That's ridiculous. I have 3cc's in my 4cc's band. I'm very tight but you've got loads of room left. I agree with everyone else, you need to find another fill doctor. Don't let them screw you out of your money, find someone else.

I got a 10cc band in september and I got my first fill 11-22 and I got 4 ccs. Find another doc. if you find one that doesnt use flouroscopy it's usually less expensive.

Good luck

Find another fill doctor. Tell us what city and state you live in and maybe someone can recommend a doctor. It sounds like your group might be "clueless" when it comes to fills. The price seems awfully high as well.

Take care, Shawn