Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

...I ... had some very thin cream of wheat for breakfast..it was the best thing I have ever tasted!

I'm noticing this type of thing a lot also. Some fresh made broth or Soup can be like the best thing in the world. Just a few weeks ago I was eating steak, fried chicken, fettucine alfredo, and other foods of this type and wondering how I was going to live without these things. As it turns out the lowly bowl of thin cream of wheat can taste better than any of that stuff. It may not always be that way, exactly. But I think in general eating the bandster way will result in a more enjoyable eating experience compared to the old way of bludgeoning my digestive tract indiscriminately with every animal, vegetable, and mineral I could get my hands on.

Just checking in. Alot of trial and error today. I did put the cream Soups in the ultimate chopper; it made them very 'fluffy'...I won't do that again. I'd rather just take out any chunks that might be in there. I did attempt to put the flavorless Protein Powder in the cream soup; didn't work out too well. It didn't disolve too well in the cream; but in the clear chicken broth it was PERFECT! Great way to get an additional 17gs of protein! Also had my first Protein Bullet; very good choice for a quick 25gs...a little $$ but worth it right now. I also tried this a.m. the nectar Roadside tea...didn't care for that one at all. Going to try more of the samples out today. The Vitamin Shoppe near me sells the Fuzzy Navel, I didn't like that one, the tea, and lemonade which was very good.

I also tried the Cambells gold box of Butternut squash soup; didn't like it.

The muslces in the belly are a bit better today, my pain is more from the port incision. I had the heating pad on for about two hours today, I fell asleep. Luckily didn't burn myself. Anyway, I do have a bit of swelling. I can't imagine what you all go through with the Tummy Tucks - as far as pain goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is funny how all doctors are different...I only had 24 hours of clears, and had some very thin cream of wheat for breakfast..it was the best thing I have ever tasted! I am going to see my horsey for the first time since and take a nice walk...my doctor is so cool, he emailed me last night and told me to WALK WALK WALK...I am going to buy a yam today, bake it, mash it, then thin it with chicken broth and have it for lunch...I have always been a creative cook, now it is just going to be smooshie fare....

Hi TracyV- It is funny how all MD's are different. The yam sure does sound good! Do you feel that you have restriction on your band? I feel like I have restriction on mine. Hope you had a good day with your horse. Take care-Gigi:)

Yes, I do feel restricted, and my band lets me know when I have had enough or too much...mm, yes, the yam was good, I baked it and put it in the blender w/ some chicken broth, then added a little milk and a wee little bit of Brandy..had about 1/2 a cup and the rest is in the fridge..my next thing I was thinking about was taking an avocado and blending it up with some Tomato juice and lemon, kind of like a cool soup..the avocados are on sale right now, and nice and soft, and I have a tree full of lemons..Im feeling super great today!

Fianlly am awake enough to post. My surgery went great, I had no pain, only problem was nausea for the first 48 hrs. Diet cordinator told me it was brain and my stomach trying to come terms with the band. I am feeling fine, still on mostly Clear Liquids as they seem to sit on my stomach better. Drank about a fourth of a portein hot chocolate this morning and have not wanted any thing other than Water since.

Biggest problem I have is wanting to sleep all the time. It seems better today and hopefully will gone by tomorrow.

Sounds like all the 31st bandsters are doing good. Will check in again tomorrow.

Wowee... I overdid it for the first time today. I had a little too much refried Beans for dinner. Shame on my for eye-balling it and not measuring. I didn't PB and I'm not in pain, but I have that pressure in the middle of my chest. Rather unpleasant but bearable. Live and learn, right?

Hi Everyone, I am just checking in. I am feeling much better today. The gas pains are getting less though I still feel as though I am burping alot. I am doing better with my fluids today- about 50oz which is more than double yesterdays intake. I hope everyone is well. I'll check in tomorrow-Gigi

I can't imagine doing an hour on elyptical - whew! Congratulations.

I like your list of choices for exercise, I'll think up a list for me too. Great idea!

Terry

The trick is, I was on the phone with a friend and before I knew it, it was 1 hour!!!

I'm noticing this type of thing a lot also. Some fresh made broth or Soup can be like the best thing in the world. Just a few weeks ago I was eating steak, fried chicken, fettucine alfredo, and other foods of this type and wondering how I was going to live without these things. As it turns out the lowly bowl of thin cream of wheat can taste better than any of that stuff. It may not always be that way, exactly. But I think in general eating the bandster way will result in a more enjoyable eating experience compared to the old way of bludgeoning my digestive tract indiscriminately with every animal, vegetable, and mineral I could get my hands on.

Yeah, I found the same thing!! A can of cream split pea was like the best thing I ever had!!! That is also why it was so easy for me to go right into South Beach and feel like I had the best choices in the world!!!

Just checking in. Alot of trial and error today. I did put the cream Soups in the ultimate chopper; it made them very 'fluffy'...I won't do that again. I'd rather just take out any chunks that might be in there. I did attempt to put the flavorless Protein powder in the cream soup; didn't work out too well. It didn't disolve too well in the cream; but in the clear chicken broth it was PERFECT! Great way to get an additional 17gs of protein! Also had my first Protein Bullet; very good choice for a quick 25gs...a little $$ but worth it right now. I also tried this a.m. the nectar Roadside tea...didn't care for that one at all. Going to try more of the samples out today. The Vitamin Shoppe near me sells the Fuzzy Navel, I didn't like that one, the tea, and lemonade which was very good.

I also tried the Cambells gold box of Butternut squash soup; didn't like it.

The muslces in the belly are a bit better today, my pain is more from the port incision. I had the heating pad on for about two hours today, I fell asleep. Luckily didn't burn myself. Anyway, I do have a bit of swelling. I can't imagine what you all go through with the Tummy Tucks - as far as pain goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try the Anderson's split peas soup!! It was heaven!

I lost 3.5 more pounds this week!!!!!

And I have been eating some goooooddd food on the Beach.

My NSV today was that I went to go visit my grandmother who hasn't seen me for about 1 month and she was freaking out saying my pants were so loose I looked liket BOSO the clown!!!!

I looked in the mirror and was shocked to see she was right!!! They look ridiculous!!!

She also gave me a new workout outfit that fit me better!

I am feeling good!!!

Hi all!!

Just checking in.

I took my bandages off today. My incisions have healed up nicely so far. Some more time and a little Mederma, and I shouldn't have much scaring at all.

I started mushies on day 6. I am having a bit of trouble though. The nutritionist said that full liquids/mushies are the consistency of something that can fit though a straw (but don't use a straw) She offered examples of Tomato Soup, pudding, fish, peas and stew meat. The one piece of information that I don't have is HOW much??

Is it also ok at this point to sip Water while you eat?

This is what I ate today...(not counting Protein drinks/water)

Breakfast - about 1/8 of a cup of soupy oatmeal

lunch - not even 1/4 cup of refried Beans

dinner - a tiny piece of cod about the size of my thumb and about the same amont of mashed potatoes

Each meal took me at least 30 to 45 minutes and I chewed it until it was pulverized. I also took sips of water or milk during the meal.

I have not had any problems with the food. I eat until I feel comfortable. Am I eating too much?? I've been such a good little student and want to do this right. Please help me oh wise bandsters!

I'd like to know if drinking w/meals is ok during this stage as well. I've not listened to that rule yet; but I'm on all liquids. I don't get mushies until 14 days out. I guess I'll be trying every type of Soup out there!

I may add cottage cheese tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for 'fancy'-ing it up??

sherilynn, I made a really good concoction tonight, I boiled some onion, a carrot, and some broccoli in chicken broth, then added some Tomato juice and when it was all soft I blended it. I put a little dollap of sour creme on the top. It was delicious. finished off the evening with a nice cup of tea with non dairy Creamer and splenda..and now I am ready for bed..feeling very satisfied!