Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top Heavy Women.....

What are some things that you have done post op when you had a weight stall?......Also to my ladies that are top heavy how has the weight loss done to that area...what kind of exercises do you do to help in the area. and when you started losing weight did they feel extra heavy......what did you use to workout in to help them to be bound down......lol ....I really need help in this area because I am wearing my bras and are starting to ruining them and i dont want to buy any because i know that i am losing inches in this area and my surgery will be in April....

Also, anyone with big thighs...what have you done to slim them down and firm them up, how did they change after surgery

I'm top heavy! I didn't exercise a lot at first (I had a lot of complications). But before surgery, I bought a really nice sports bra from Lane Bryant that was super heavy duty. And I was able to wear it a lot longer than I thought... I know everyone is different, but I'll be honest, after losing almost 100lbs, I have a smaller band size (significantly) but my cup size is still quite large. Years ago, I used to go to Walmart and get the cheaper, flimsy sports bras and double up and that helped.

When I was working out (currently sidelined for injury :() I would wear a regular bra with a half-top style sports bra over it. It kept everything in place, even while jogging.

ladies that are top heavy

sherrinita

hmmmm - don't like to brag, but........... :)

I never had to worry about "such" problems :)

had a double mastectomy in '98

always look for the "good" amongst the bad :)

now that i've lost weight

i can "jump" around as much as I want - no prob :lol:

good luck with WLS

it will be the greatest thing you've ever done for yourself :)

to your new found health, happiness, and longer life time to enjoy both :)

Wow, Granny, you've been through some tough times and you just keep on smiling!! My hero!

I use sports bras at 12 weeks out. I have lost inches, but they are still quite heavy. Don't know if they will ever decrease enough to not be considered top heavy, but there seems to be less hanging out of my bra these days, LOL

I'm hoping mine will decrease. I don't want the girls to go away, but I would love to walk into any random store and buy a bra!

Proudgrammy, you're an inspiration!

I love you buddy!!!

I am a 44 f and use bras from Walmart the ones that have no stretchy straps and throw a comfy shirt on top playtex is a good brand bra maker

Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction. Where and how we lose weight is almost entirely up to our genetics.

That being said, if there are muscle groups are are more interested in strengthening more than others, go for it, but it will probably not have a huge effect on fat lose in that specific area.

sherrinita

hmmmm - don't like to brag, but........... :)

I never had to worry about "such" problems :)

had a double mastectomy in '98

always look for the "good" amongst the bad :)

now that i've lost weight

i can "jump" around as much as I want - no prob :lol:

good luck with WLS

it will be the greatest thing you've ever done for yourself :)

to your new found health, happiness, and longer life time to enjoy both :)

thank you so much.....you are an inspiration ....thank you for the encouragement