Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can add this to my sleeve but can't have Jello, runny cream of wheat, etc...??? I am 3 days out and feeling hungry and already tired of sweet crap! Can't add attachment...it's a handful of whole pills!

post-37561-1381366335116_thumb.png

post-37561-13813663351654_thumb.png

post-37561-13813663352086_thumb.png

I can add this to my sleeve but can't have Jello, runny cream of wheat, etc...??? I am 3 days out and feeling hungry and already tired of sweet crap! Can't add attachment...it's a handful of whole pills!

Is that pain medication or Vitamins?

Ironic isn't it? I did not wait until the full week was up to go to full liquids (creamed Soup etc.) because I was really hungry. The hunger does go away and not that I am telling you to go for the creamed Soup but I was fine doing it a little early.

By the way, Jello was on my clear liquid, stage 1 diet.

Can't answer the Jello question, every doc is different, but whoa...that's a mighty handful of pills you got there.

As for the sick of sweet stuff question, I was happy to mix it up with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken flavored broth...20grams of protien that kept me feeling full with a nice savory flavor. The more protien the less hungry you will feel. And sometimes getting enough protien in the beginning is hard.

Also it sounds like had surgury pretty recently if you haven't been released to Jello or creme of wheat. Maybe your hunger is stomach acid? Are you on Prilosec, Nexium or Omneprozal or something like that. When we first have our surgery our stomach continues to produce enough acid for a whole stomach not just our little sleeve so many docs have us on a PPO to reduce the acid that is often confused with hunger.

I feel hungrey when I'm actually thirsty sometimes. Again in the beginning getting enough Fluid can be a challenge so we confuse it with hunger.

Maybe you know all this....good luck with those pills :)

My post-op diet only had me on Clear Liquids for 2 days - then full liquids for 2 weeks, which includes sugar-free, fat-free pudding - which I find mixes with crushed meds very nicely.

Can't answer the Jello question' date=' every doc is different, but whoa...that's a mighty handful of pills you got there.

As for the sick of sweet stuff question, I was happy to mix it up with unjury chicken flavored broth...20grams of protien that kept me feeling full with a nice savory flavor. The more protien the less hungry you will feel. And sometimes getting enough protien in the beginning is hard.

Also it sounds like had surgury pretty recently if you haven't been released to Jello or creme of wheat. Maybe your hunger is stomach acid? Are you on Prilosec, Nexium or Omneprozal or something like that. When we first have our surgery our stomach continues to produce enough acid for a whole stomach not just our little sleeve so many docs have us on a PPO to reduce the acid that is often confused with hunger.

I feel hungrey when I'm actually thirsty sometimes. Again in the beginning getting enough Fluid can be a challenge so we confuse it with hunger.

Maybe you know all this....good luck with those pills :)[/quote']

2 of those pills are prilosec. .they are pain meds, muscle relaxers, diabetes meds, etc....all the meds I was taking before surgery ....I am 4 days out now and just ready to get on with it! I feel great other than si over sweets and want something savory. I can hardly stomach Unjury chicken since they gave me that first thing in the hosp while I was still so nauseated

My surgeon gave me a prescription for a liquid form of the antacid- (Ranitidine) and pain meds (Roxicet). He also took me off all my diabetes meds (I was on 2000g of metformin XR and 45 mg of piaglitazone daily) because my blood sugars were fine, and one of my blood pressure meds (HCTZ). I've been monitoring my blood sugar daily, and my fasting sugars have run between 95 and 125, and the surgeon is very pleased with that. Check with your Dr- maybe you can come off some of them.

I'm not saying that this is "OK" or encouraging you to break doctors orders, but I progressed my diet (with extreme caution) a little sooner than the guidelines say, as it turned out, when I spoke with my surgeon about it, he said that was totally fine as long as I was being careful and not making myself throw up.

So, thats my experience. Do the pills make you queezy?

I would spread the pills out during the day, try mot to take them all at once seems like a lot

I'm not saying that this is "OK" or encouraging you to break doctors orders' date=' but I progressed my diet (with extreme caution) a little sooner than the guidelines say, as it turned out, when I spoke with my surgeon about it, he said that was totally fine as long as I was being careful and not making myself throw up.

So, thats my experience. Do the pills make you queezy?[/quote']

Not at all. I feel them hit and I get a little spasam. So weird. ...called today and they told me I can add Jello and v8. ...I am so sick of flavored Water and Protein shakes. Thats all I was supposed to eat until my 2 week followup

My surgeon requires that I can have nothing thicker than milk for the first three weeks after surgery.

My surgeon requires that I can have nothing thicker than milk for the first three weeks after surgery.

That is his protocol to make sure you allow your new stomach to heal properly and that you dont do the wrong thing and damage it. The whole length of your stomach is a raw wound. Your stomach is swollen and numb so you cannot "feel" what is happening there so taking small sips of only liquids keeps fluids and nourishment moving through it effortlessly. Just do what he says, get off to a wonderful start and count your blessings! You will need the time to heal, rest, learn to manage what you do get to eat, sort your clothes into descending sizes, take walks, etc.