Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op and I want my stomach back!

So this is just a vent cause I know the other half of my stomach is gone for good, but so far I am regretful. I weighed myself this morning before my 2 week post op appt today and I have gained 4 lbs. Really? So I cut out half my stomach and eat purée foods and liquids for three weeks straight to gain weight? Heck, I was losing before the surgery and now I get the sleeve done and I'm gaining! Totally frustrated and can't wait to see the doc today so I can vent to him too and hopefully find out what the heck I'm doing wrong! Sigh...frustrated, hungry, regretful and still fat. ????

I think a lot of people go through this spell. I went through it the day of surgery because I was vomiting spit and blood every few minutes. It was absolutely horrible! Sometimes I wish I could eat a regular meal and not have to move at the speed of a turtle lol but those are just wishes.

In regards to your gain, a number of reasons could be the culprit. Are you getting all of your fluids in? Eating your Protein? Is it that time of the month? Has your sodium intake been higher than usual? And the list goes on.

Just speak with your doc or NUT. And know that you will lose, it's physically impossible for you not too. Lol toddlers eat more than we do.

Happy Losing!

Give it a few more weeks, your still swollen and your body is very upset with you right now. Its a journey not a race....

Classic case of buyers remorse...it sucks that you are going through this, but your weight fluctuates by as much as five pounds in one day, due to fluids, hormones and other things. I promise you the four pound gain that you are seeing isnt truly a gain of fat. As far as wanting your stomach back....I have been there, pretty much for the first 3 months after surgery I was so mad at myself for having it done. I am now a year and a half out, and I couldn't be happier! You will be fine...you will lose weight, and soon you will be loving the new sleeve, and you!

I am 4weeks post op ...and I felt like you. Sometimes I have flashbacks and feel upset because I can not eat a full meal with my family. But lately I've been feeling better because the scale does go down, I lose weight slow but .. So far I've lost 24 pounds and I am not taking my diabetes meds. (Got off my meds last week) You have to stay positive and think positive and set small goals.

Please let us know what the doc said. I expected a more dramatic weight loss at first myself. Happily, I found this forum and realized that my body has it's own strict schedule, it just doesn't let me know what it is, ...secretive and illogical. I think my body works for the government sometimes. :huh::D

But eventually the forms were attended to, the check was in the mailbox, and the fat came off. So shall it be for you.

So this is just a vent cause I know the other half of my stomach is gone for good' date=' but so far I am regretful. I weighed myself this morning before my 2 week post op appt today and I have gained 4 lbs. Really? So I cut out half my stomach and eat purée foods and liquids for three weeks straight to gain weight? Heck, I was losing before the surgery and now I get the sleeve done and I'm gaining! Totally frustrated and can't wait to see the doc today so I can vent to him too and hopefully find out what the heck I'm doing wrong! Sigh...frustrated, hungry, regretful and still fat. dde14[/quote']

Same thing happened to me but i tried hard to remember the postings on here that talked about Fluid from the surgery and to be patient. At my two week check, i had lost NONE! A few days later i increased my walks to going a full mile and did it twice on some days. I also was then able to drink a good 100-120 oz of Water by the 3rd week. I kept my Protein at about 90, and carbs about 30. I began losing a pound every day on the 15th day and 2 today... I was liquids for the first three weeks post op so began mushies just yesterday. Like everyone says.... Be patiet, follow the plan and it will work!

Haha! Ditto to what everyone has said I especially loved the term "buyer remorse" I had that! I felt like WTF had I done to myself I can't eat what I want and I barely drink anything....it goes away like everyone above is saying! You're body is in shock right now and is trying to recover, you're swollen so you're not going to be able to eat as much as they say you can until the swelling goes down. You're probably suffering from some dehydration which can hinder weight loss and don't forget we are woman so hormones and Water weight will definitely play parts in watching your weight go up and down.

If you can which "watching the scale" is a very common topic on VST if you can refrain from stepping on the scale daily and look at inches lost and not the number on the scale it will be a nicer journey for you. Watching your clothes fall off your body is a way better feeling than watching the scale. Just my two cents.

Good luck at the doctor and feel free to vent all ya want we've all done it on here trust me! ;)

Thanks everyone! This site has been my saving grace over the last two weeks cause without it I feel I would be so depressed! You all give good feedback and advice and it really helps a lot.

My appt is this afternoon so I will keep y'all posted. I stopped getting on the scale everyday last Friday because it was driving me crazy. Only reason I got on this morning is to compare what my scale says to what it says at the doc's office today. I actually feel like I've been able to eat more purée food than I should be able to, but it's still been less than 600 calories a day. I'm just over critical I suppose and ready for a change. I try to remind myself that I didn't gain it overnight so I won't lose it overnight either, but I surely didn't expect to be gaining either. Hopefully I will look back at this post in a few months and laugh at myself for being so silly and hard on myself.

So this is just a vent cause I know the other half of my stomach is gone for good' date=' but so far I am regretful. I weighed myself this morning before my 2 week post op appt today and I have gained 4 lbs. Really? So I cut out half my stomach and eat purée foods and liquids for three weeks straight to gain weight? Heck, I was losing before the surgery and now I get the sleeve done and I'm gaining! Totally frustrated and can't wait to see the doc today so I can vent to him too and hopefully find out what the heck I'm doing wrong! Sigh...frustrated, hungry, regretful and still fat. dde14[/quote']

Ok gang...here's the update. First off, my doctor's scale only showed me gaining 2 lbs instead of 4. Doc said my weight gain is probably due to coming off hydrochlorothiazide which is the diuretic I was previously on for my blood pressure. He said I am probably retaining Water and that is causing the weight gain so I have been advised to go back on the pills and that should make a difference...so we'll see!! I'm also not taking in enough Protein so I have to work on that as well. Fingers crossed that this will jump start the weight loss again.