Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

crackers

Iggy, I saw you last night drinking your special wine!!

post-43821-13813663163942_thumb.jpg

Yeah we are good :P

The reason I said saltines is because she just started "soft" food.. :)

Oh and don't get me wrong at three months I've been known to eat a cracker or two here and there!!

A baguette from a French bakery in Paris? :P

Reduced fat wheat thins with tuna salad or a laughing cow wedge...great little treat!

Ok!! Ok!! I have been out voted wheat thins!!!

(they are a tasty little cracker)

Not as good as a cheez its though...., great thanks now I want a cracker!!!

I think I'm PMSing

Laura...Cheese its are like LAYS you can't eat just one. I can't keep them around, they call me from the cupboard!!

I am so lucky. There are some foods we keep around here as staples for the little guy (who has a feeding disorder). Cheetos, Cheeze its, M&M's, Oreo's, gad almost anything bad for you LOL And I really don't like them. I could easily have eaten my weight in Wheat thins prior to surgery (I have to really work at 8 now LOL) but never a cheeze it :P

Crackers are one of my "old foods" that I still can't get away from.

So now I keep Goldfish crackers and 34 degree crackers.

http://www.34-degrees.com/

So lets change the topic a bit ~ what whole grains do you eat to make sure you are getting enough Fiber?

I couldn't eat enough to have room for more than a bite or two of any grains for probably six months post op. And all grains except crackers and well-toasted bread did not sit well till around then. Colace was my friend. I had to use it occasionally to keep things moving. I also eat veggies and fresh fruits, but early out I couldn't eat enough of them to really add any Fiber. Just getting the Protein in kept me pretty full back then.

Now that I'm further out and my capacity and tolerance have increased, I enjoy eating whole grain crackers, oatmeal, whole wheat bread, brown rice, and whole wheat Pasta. I also like sweet potatoes and butternut squash, which I believe also have a lot of fiber. I rarely need Colace these days.

Lynda

Darn Iggy doesn't like cheez it's !!! I just went the store and I thought we'd have a party..

:P

There must still be hope Laura..I'm currently into onion rings....

I am 3 1/2 months out and can really eat anything. Crackers aren't my thing and they fill me too fast. I have been having 1/2 of a mini whole wheat pita. If I toast it I may have part of it with baba ganoush, hummus, or something as a snack, I love it for my sandwich. Makes me feel like I'm eating normal. And I always use baby spinach instead of lettuce.

Not sure if this got off track or not. I used to love Dr Krackers. I had forgotten about them, they've got seeds in them. They're dry so you only may be able to eat 1 or 2 of the small ones

Good luck

At one point, saltine crackers were the only thing I could keep down after surgery.

I've tried wheat thins and triscuits. They are ok but could only very, very small amount.

The worst thing ever. Girl Scout Cookies for sale outside my local market! I had to use the other entrance, or there could have been major trouble. Thin Mints. Need I say more. I avoided the enemy. :ph34r:

Hehe... I was just confessing about a run in with a thin mint yesterday!!

Damn Girl Scouts and my husband for buying them!