Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent about this sucky pre op diet

thaaanks that makes me feel so much better lmao. Right now' date=' I would kill for some gas pain and nasea (idk how to spell that) like i dont even care... anything except this stupid headache and being hungry as hell. It's only 2pm and I already had both my shakes, choked them down by the way. I feel like im being so negative but seriously this blows.I don't understand how anybody has made it through a pre op diet... im thinkin im cool if there is fat around my liver, just cut that out while your in there :D[/quote']

Don't worry! you will be getting your gas pain and nausea soon enough!! :P

And I told this to another girl here so I'll give it to you so you can be "prepared".....

By now you've learned that all we do is poop the first two weeks, and after that we can't poop any more without assistance,

The first weeks we question things like "did they take out enough of my stomach, cause I'm still hungry"

We all look for ways to get "permission" to eat things we can't. And when we don't do it we judge other people because we are hungry

Oh and about four weeks out we get grumpy.

And some of us run around here causing all sorts of trouble!

But we all want to succeed and we want others to succeed !!!

Good luck you can do it

Laura

Don't worry! you will be getting your gas pain and nausea soon enough!! :P

And I told this to another girl here so I'll give it to you so you can be "prepared".....

By now you've learned that all we do is poop the first two weeks, and after that we can't poop any more without assistance,

The first weeks we question things like "did they take out enough of my stomach, cause I'm still hungry"

We all look for ways to get "permission" to eat things we can't. And when we don't do it we judge other people because we are hungry

Oh and about four weeks out we get grumpy.

And some of us run around here causing all sorts of trouble!

But we all want to succeed and we want others to succeed !!!

Good luck you can do it

Laura

hahaha i read that you said this to someone else lol.

I cried to my cordinator lol and she said I can just do the Atkins diet so now I feel absolutely relieved. Hello boiled eggs :)

OMG you can eat salad? i would kill for something solid in my mouth. Wanna switch diets? lol

OMG you can eat salad? i would kill for something solid in my mouth. Wanna switch diets? lol

don't joke... yours cant seriously be worse than 2 Protein Shakes and salad, can it? Whats your pre op diet and how long

I have muscle milk.. and the Peanut Butter chocolate stuff from body fortress and vanilla from body fortress... I just hate them all and im a big cry baby.

Muscle Milk is vile... what about unjury chocolate Splendor or GNC Chocolate Caramel they are both pretty good. Do you add ice and put them in the blender that really helps.

Muscle Milk is vile... what about Unjury chocolate Splendor or GNC Chocolate Caramel they are both pretty good. Do you add ice and put them in the blender that really helps.

My sister told me to try the ice thing so Ill have to do that. I haven't tried the two you mentioned... I have unjry chicken broth and unjury unflavored... I haven't tried the unflavored but the chicken one is so gross to me. I bought Isopure and they are disgusting too. I think I'm allergic to healthy food lol. I wish I could have like a bunch of samples instead of buying this big huge bottles and wasting them :/ I know this is stuff im going to need after surgery too and its tough when it all makes me want to vomit.

don't joke... yours cant seriously be worse than 2 Protein Shakes and salad, can it? Whats your pre op diet and how long

Wanna bet? Try 20 days of liquids.. it can be worse :) Protein drinks...with Greek yogurt (yuck) SF Jello or broth if I'm still hungry. I'm ready for something different in my mouth...something crunchy.. even lettuce lol

My sister told me to try the ice thing so Ill have to do that. I haven't tried the two you mentioned... I have unjry chicken broth and unjury unflavored... I haven't tried the unflavored but the chicken one is so gross to me. I bought Isopure and they are disgusting too. I think I'm allergic to healthy food lol. I wish I could have like a bunch of samples instead of buying this big huge bottles and wasting them :/ I know this is stuff im going to need after surgery too and its tough when it all makes me want to vomit.

You can order sample packs from Unjury, honestly adding ice and putting it in the blender makes a big difference, I bought a little one from Amazon and it was the perfect size.

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-BLSTPB-WBL-250-Watt-Blender-Powder/dp/B004P2OLB8/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1360960770&sr=8-24&keywords=blenders+for+smoothies

The glucerna us the only one I can have without gagging and wanting to get sick -- it's a premise shake and albertson grocery store And Walgreens and Walmart have it-- a 4 pack fir 7-11 bucks its better than others tho

Sent from my iPhone using VST

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! This sucks. I want this surgey because I SUCK at diets and I'm always hungry so why do I have to diet before I go..ugh. I have a wicked headache' date=' feel like I'm gonna vomit and I'm starrrrrving. 2 Protein Shakes and a salad for 10 days... I'm probably going to die. Why can't I just eat salad for every meal and 86 the Protein shakes. Protein Shakes do not make me full at all, not to mention they taste gross unless I can mix it with milk which I can't. I might be the biggest cry baby ever but at this point, I don't care I just want my stomach cut out so I won't be hungry all the time. And I can assure you this is not head hunger, this is down right starvation. At least I feel better since I got to whine about it :)[/quote']

Today is Day 1 of my Pre Op diet! I can have 4 Protein shakes a day, 2 servings of fruit, and 1 small meal of 4oz of lean protein and a veggie. So far I'm doing ok! I'm feeling a little nauseas and kinda blah but I'm sure it's my body adjusting. I'm drinking the Premier Protein shakes in chocolate, I highly recommend them! It legit tastes like chocolate milk!! And don't worry soon enough we'll both be on the other side of this surgery and this will be a distant memory!! You can do it!!

I am allowed liquids only, pudding, Soups, Protein Drinks (which I get at costco and they are pretty good), greek yogurt with sugar free preserves, lentil Soup, sugar free popsicles and broth, its not bad, I did forget to puree my soups sometimes. surgery is monday, nervous as hell.

Have you looked at the Food/Nutrition board? There is a thread there with TONS of ideas on where to get samples. I'm pre-op, scheduled for surgery 3/23, and will start my liquids only (I'm a little sad just thinking of it) diet 5 days prior. I ordered some samples from 3 different places, including Unjury, and currently have like 10 different flavors of Protein powders. I'm hoping that at least one will be tolerable...and I think having variety will at least ward off the worst of the dissatisfaction of the pre-op diet. I spent around $50 total for samples from the 3 sites, including shipping.

~Kat

I struggled with the Pre op diet too, I was having 3 shakes, steamed veggies and salad everyday. I cheated almost everyday....

Anyway now I'm almost 4 weeks out and feel great, had no problems thankfully

I totally know what you mean, I started my pre~op diet on 2/4/13 my surgery is on 2/19/13. The 1st 3 days were the worst I had a horrible headache and felt like I was going to puke all day long. I was at the dollar store and saw a little boy maybe 2y/o and thought to myself no ones looking I wonder if he will scream if I take his cracker from him?????? No no no I didn't I used my will power and walked out of the store cus every dang isle I walked down he was there eating that cracker and looking at me.

I am better now that ive been on it for a few days, even took my husband to Outback (his fav) last night for Valentine's Day & I was amazed and sooooooooooo proud of myself, I didn't cheat :} But truthfully I just keep telling myself "KEEP YOUR EYE'S ON THE PRIZE" and it has helped me mentally. I wish you the best for your journey and your new life :}