Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and considering it in AZ

Hi! I'm Lisa and I haven't even looked around here yet. A friend who was banded a couple years ago gave me the link.

I'm really considering it, but my insurance would HAVE to cover it. I'm 5'3" and really need to lose at least 80lb - which would still have me technically overweight but I think I'd be very comfortable there. I've been doing the yoyo thing for so many years its not funny. I can't even begin to get my head or heart into another diet because I think, "Why bother?" I mean, it always comes back on anyway.

Hi Lisa, Welcome to LBT!!! I am also from AZ! Where in AZ are you? I live about 15 miles from Show Low.

I have been banded 2 years this month and am down 120ish lbs. The band is a wonderful tool.

Again Welcome! Tell us a little more about yourself. :peep:

Welcome Lisa. I have been banded only from June, but I don't regret it for a minute. Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

Hi there Lisa! I am not banded yet but scheduled for the 5th of december and super excited. I have battled this demon for almost 20years and am DONE! Sometimes ive been ahead but most of the time the demon is in the lead. I decided to get the band when I was about in the same place as you, JUST DONE! I want this to stop being an everyday thing. I would be more than willing to give you my dr's name etc if you want, he is in tempe and I am very impressed to far. Best of luck to you no matter what method you choose.

Julie

Hi, I would be happy to explain the insurance process with the band.

There are two crucial factors for getting an insurance company to pay for you band. These two things are your baratric benefit and an acceptable BMI. If you do not have these two things, then you are a cash patient.

After proving that your policy (not just your insurance company) has a baratric benefit, then you can look at your weight history.

At this date, an insurance company wants to see five years of medical records that show that your BMI has been at least 40. Anytime that you went in for a check up, your weight was taken and there is your BMI.

An insurance company will also consider your case if you have a BMI of 35 or above if you can prove two medical problems associated with your weight during the past five years.

If your weight went below these levels, it will be at least a red flag and most likely a denial.

I'd be happy to run your information to see if you would qualify with our program.

I hope that helps,

Clay

I am in the research process and have read much positive and very little negative. I know my insurance says they will cover it. I have a couple of posts on here but can't figure out how to find my post. Anyway good luck with your Quest for weight loss. Let me know how you do. From near Casa Grande............Becky