Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's still all about choices! What's for lunch?

At almost 3 years post op, it is still all about choices. The difference is this, now we really are in control, at least this is my experience. The cravings I had prior to surgery, aren't there anymore. Yes, I may WANT something or something might sound really good.....but I can resist, I can make wiser choices than I use to do. Do I ALWAYS resist you ask.....No, absolutely not. Dr. Davidson said this is NOT a diet, it's a way of life. Sometimes a piece of cheesecake sounds good, and I will share a piece with my daughter or husband. There was a time in my life when we'd each get our own, and resisting was almost painful, although some times I'd make the wise choice. You understand, don't you?

Today (as I type) I am eating an entire can of Solid White Albacore tuna (that is 1/2 cup). I make it with 1 TB of Lite mayo and I added a baby dill pickle. My lunch is packed with 24 grams of Protein and 168 calories. Sometimes I eat half the can and will eat it on ten or twelve Mini Club Crackers or Special K Crackers, but today, I CHOSE not to eat the crackers because I wanted the protein!! My other option was left over roast. 3.5 oz of roast would be about 30 calories more than the tuna and 4 grams of Protein less. It would have been yummy, but I knew the fish would be healthier. I don't think it would have been a 'bad' choice, but what I'm having is better. It really, really makes ME feel in control when I make a wise choice like this! It is so much easier post op.

What are y'all having for lunch?

I just had an Atkins chicken and Broccoli Alfredo frozen meal .

26 g of Protein

9 g of carbohydrate

330 Calories

I was able to eat 2/3rds of it, then trashed the rest. I like the meal, but I must say that the sodium count is very high. :(

I just had an Atkins chicken and Broccoli Alfredo frozen meal .

26 g of Protein

9 g of carbohydrate

330 Calories

I was able to eat 2/3rds of it, then trashed the rest. I like the meal, but I must say that the sodium count is very high. :(

I've never had an Atkins meal, I guess I should try one some time! Isn't it GREAT to be able to throw something away??!!! Before surgery, I'd have made myself finsih whatever I was eating, come hell or high Water. There is no way I'd want to 'waste' food, after all, there are people starving, right??!!! Now though, my new attitude is this, Whether I eat it or put it in the garbage disposal, it's going to the same place eventually. It makes tossing something, much easier!!!! :D

I've never had an Atkins meal, I guess I should try one some time! Isn't it GREAT to be able to throw something away??!!! Before surgery, I'd have made myself finsih whatever I was eating, come hell or high Water. There is no way I'd want to 'waste' food, after all, there are people starving, right??!!! Now though, my new attitude is this, Whether I eat it or put it in the garbage disposal, it's going to the same place eventually. It makes tossing something, much easier!!!! :D

I know, that surprised me in the early soup/puree stages that I got full so easily. I think of my sleeve as an automatic cut-off feels like my belt is tightening up. LOL When I become full, the rest goes in the garbage, unless I'm dining out. Post sleeve I've only puked twice and that was a horrible experience and not interested in feeling like that again. It truly is a beautiful thing to STOP instead of stuffing oneself. :)

I had most of a Smart Ones turkey bacon quesedilla. I left some of the tortilla. Cheesy and delicious! 12g of Protein.< /p>

At almost 3 years post op, it is still all about choices. The difference is this, now we really are in control, at least this is my experience. The cravings I had prior to surgery, aren't there anymore. Yes, I may WANT something or something might sound really good.....but I can resist, I can make wiser choices than I use to do.

As someone who is still pre-op, this is absolutely encouraging (and comforting) to hear. I cannot wait for it to happen to me too! Thanks :)

I have 8oz of vegetable bean Soup and two Girl Scout Cookies (tag-a-longs).

Hey, I'm at goal so I can have these. :D

Hey, I'm at goal so I can have these. :D

Life is good when we are at goal and maintaining, isn't it??!!! I like the Snackwell's vanilla Cookies every so often, and Star Bucks pumpkin bread....I split a piece about once a week with my DH!!!! I had to add 2 - 3 Snacks per day. I couldn't stop losing. Never did I dream that would be a problem!! When they said add a couple of Snacks or another meal into my diet, I was all over it.....I am a grazer from way back. The difference is I don't get a box of Cheese-It's or a big bowl of Cereal or bag of chips and just mindlessly eat!!

Today I had turkey (from a cooked turkey leg), corn and sauteed spinach. Next week i'll probably swap the corn out for a sweet potato.

Hey' date=' I'm at goal so I can have these. :D[/quote']

One of those damn Girl Scouts came to our door last night!!

My husband bought a box of "tag a longs" and a box of " thin mints" (my favorite)

AND left me home alone with them today 0_o

I will not... I will not....

I am not anywhere close to goal :)

I will have an ounce of chicken breast and a Tomato basil string cheese for lunch :)

I made some chicken salad from canned chicken and ate that with a few Water crackers. I brought 4 oz for lunch and 7 crackers (a serving). Couldn't eat all the chicken salad and threw away 2 of the crackers.

My husband bought a box of "tag a longs" and a box of " thin mints" (my favorite)

I will have an ounce of chicken breast and a Tomato basil string cheese for lunch :)

Is he TRYING to set you up for failure??!!!! OMG, I'd have killed mine. I'd either A) throw them all in the trash B ) Make him take them tomorrow C) Give them to someone near by

Good luck and stay strong.

Lol... No he's not:) he's very happy about my loss so far, he's just dense! :P

As a matter of fact he walked into the kitchen yesterday and stopped and looked at me and said to me "you know it's weird sometimes, I walk in and I think there's a stranger in the house at first because your so small now" gotta love him! He loves me big or small, anyway he can get me.

And the Cookies...well I don't want to be mean all the time to my husband and kids when it comes to a treat, plus they said "mom it's supporting a good cause" :)

Lol... No he's not:) he's very happy about my loss so far, he's just dense! :P

As a matter of fact he walked into the kitchen yesterday and stopped and looked at me and said to me "you know it's weird sometimes, I walk in and I think there's a stranger in the house at first because your so small now" gotta love him! He loves me big or small, anyway he can get me.

And the Cookies...well I don't want to be mean all the time to my husband and kids when it comes to a treat, plus they said "mom it's supporting a good cause" :)

You are waaaay nicer than me.....I am the grocery shopper, always have been, so I bought Cookies, but only cookies I was not tempted by, I.E. Chewy chips Ahoy or Oreo, two of his favorites but I never did like those! On the other hand, No Peanut Butter or Pecan Sandies, two I DO LIKE!!!! He on the other hand, will eat any of them, or he would before he got a stent, now he reads labels to avoid partially hydrogenated stuff as much as possible. Now days I bake cookies once in a while, since almost all boxed have partially hydrogenated ingredients. :(

I am actually sitting next to about 3 cases of Girl Scout Cookies my co-workers bought from my daughter.