Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Cirangle - patients with low bmi?

I noticed on Dr. Cirangle's website (http://www.lapsf.com), there's a little blurb that says something like "It's smarter to have surgery in San Francisco than Mexico..."

I'm assuming he must have a fair amount of out-of-town patients. Does anyone know if he's more lenient about bmi like the Mexican surgeons are? I'm between 30 - 31 and know there aren't that many good US surgeons that will accept a VSG patient at 30bmi.

If anyone has experience of info regarding Dr. Cirangle and lower bmi, would love to hear from ya.

Thank you!

Also, does anyone know what his self pay price is?

I'm someone you'd like to talk to probably! Dr. C is THE best! I was bmi 32 and self-pay was $17,500. Included all pre-op testing (EGD, etc) and follow ups for like 5 years.

I'm going to call his office tomorrow and see if I can do a Skype consult - his website says that he will do that if you're out of town. I would love it if it worked out. I read thru his whole website and it kind of seems like he'll be open to lower bmi. I'd be happy to pay that amount for such great surgeon and to stay in the US!

How many nights does he have you in the hospital? Does he do the swallow test with barium/x-ray?

How far out are you?

Thanks for responding!

I'm going to call his office tomorrow and see if I can do a Skype consult - his website says that he will do that if you're out of town. I would love it if it worked out. I read thru his whole website and it kind of seems like he'll be open to lower bmi. I'd be happy to pay that amount for such great surgeon and to stay in the US!

How many nights does he have you in the hospital? Does he do the swallow test with barium/x-ray?

How far out are you?

Thanks for responding!

He was and is awesome. I kinda have a crush on him. Lol He is very straightforward and always asks for my questions...although I don't really have anymore now.

I had surgery at 5 or 6pm (it was an hour late) and was discharged the next day at 2pm. So it's normally one night. He also fixed a hiatal hernia i had. No swallow tests...he'll tell you why he doesn't do them.

I'm 6 months out. I'm pretty much at goal but he'd like me to lose 10 more so it's easier to maintain here in the long run. I'm not sure what the lowest bmi he'll operate on but he didn't flinch at my 32. He believes it's better to get obesity under control now before things get worse...why wait? He does have patients fly in to see him. I'm lucky enough to live in the Bay Area so I see him once a month or two.

He was and is awesome. I kinda have a crush on him. Lol He is very straightforward and always asks for my questions...although I don't really have anymore now.

I had surgery at 5 or 6pm (it was an hour late) and was discharged the next day at 2pm. So it's normally one night. He also fixed a hiatal hernia i had. No swallow tests...he'll tell you why he doesn't do them.

I'm 6 months out. I'm pretty much at goal but he'd like me to lose 10 more so it's easier to maintain here in the long run. I'm not sure what the lowest bmi he'll operate on but he didn't flinch at my 32. He believes it's better to get obesity under control now before things get worse...why wait? He does have patients fly in to see him. I'm lucky enough to live in the Bay Area so I see him once a month or two.

Hi Im having surgery with him May 28, I feel pretty reassured about his expertise and skills! What advice would you give me?

Hi Im having surgery with him May 28' date=' I feel pretty reassured about his expertise and skills! What advice would you give me?[/quote']

You are in great hands! Just try to follow the rules and email Gabriella when food questions come up. Now that I'm 10 months out, it's really easy to make bad choices sometimes, but I go back to basics and my weight goes back to my goal weight...

You are in great hands! Just try to follow the rules and email Gabriella when food questions come up. Now that I'm 10 months out' date=' it's really easy to make bad choices sometimes, but I go back to basics and my weight goes back to my goal weight...[/quote']

Thank you for reassuring me! I know he is the best :) I am so worried about nausea and a leak!!! Otherwise I am not scared about pain or not being able to eat solids, I just pray I will not have complications!! Congrats on your success you look amazing!

I'm someone you'd like to talk to probably! Dr. C is THE best! I was bmi 32 and self-pay was 17' date='500. Included all pre-op testing (EGD, etc) and follow ups for like 5 years.[/quote']

I just set my surgery date with Dr Cirangle for June 17 and am self pay. But, the $17.5k doesn't cover the pre-op tests, he said my insurance would cover them since they don't mention weightloss surgery. I wonder why my case is different than yours, do you think they've changed their policy? If I don't have to use my insurance and pay the copays, etc. for all these tests that would be great!