Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Happy Bday!

Gus is doing much better. Not much else to tell, making two trips to Little ROck for work this week!

Good morning everyone!

Shannon, be careful on your trips this week.

Susan, Happy Birthday, late of course. Sorry bout the baths. I used to do that all day long. I know how back breaking that can be. yuck! That's my plan today. Dog baths.

Sharon, I got the call friday.... my house will be coming off line (out of production) on May 8th. I hope they bring it on the 9th. It's coming from the production plant in Sulphur Springs. It's about a 45 minute drive from here in a car, so about an hour to an hour and a half for double wides, I guess. I just wish it would get here soon. I'm tired of waiting. Been waiting since last August. We kinda put it on hold when DH Mother got sick and now we had to wait on production and OTHER stuff.

Yall, I'm just not doing well at all on my band stuff. I know it's cause I can't eat properly, but I have reverted to junk stuff. I haven't gained, but I'm beginning to feel guilty for eating stuff. I'll be glad when next monday gets here. I have an appointment. How do you justify eating junk when you know you aren't supposed to? I'm not living to eat, just eating junk to live. I hate that. I don't want to get back into that old habit again.

Where, oh, where is my box? Yall take care today, stay in your box and remember...... drink your water!

lisa

Lisa, hang in there. I know exactly how you feel about the junk. If you can do it, try drink 3-4 glasses of skim milk throughout the day. I might help curb that desire for junk, or if you can handle a Protein supplement, it works if you can make yourself do it. I tried taking in protein when I felt like sweets or chocolate and it really works! Good luck, and know that I feel for ya!

Thanks Shannon. I just can't do skim milk. I have been doing the Protein thing. Just not as often. Calories......

It seems like I can eat a meal (one or two bites, three or four at tops) and an hour later, I'm wanting to eat again. I know I'm not getting enough down at one time. I'm just waiting for next monday. I know I will be in T R O U B L E with Dr. H. And I don't have an excuse for not losing, but..... I know I should have gone back but by the time I realized I was too tight, it was too late just to pop in for an un fill. I promise I won't do this again.

Susan, I have done my chores for the day. Dogs bathed and all nice and sweet smelling. lol

Talk to yall later,

lisa

Hi Glo, good to hear from you. I thought you had a ticker? I know what you mean about the box thing. We are leaving for vacation Fri. I may need to put a copy of the box rules on the visor in my car. Temptations are so great when you are gone from home for a week!

Lo2us, be careful on your trips. Teachers meetings? Drive safe. Glad Gus is better.

Friday is field trip and Saturday prep for my National Board of Professional Teaching Standards attempt that I'm making next year.

Lo2us, you told me about that....Don't know exactly what is involved Sat. but good luck and I'm rootin for you! You are smart and I know you will conquer this journey. When it's over, however long that takes, we will take you and your husband out for dinner.< /p>

Sugarbear, yes, I had a ticker, but I removed it and refuse to put it back again until I make a big----no, a huge jump. LOL

Keep a computer close, Lisa will keep you in line. LOL

I can imagine going on vacation and watching what you eat cause God knows it's hard just staying home. How much restriction do you have? If it's good that will help and you can get some walking in if your leg is healed enough. Have a safe and happy time.

Lo2us, glad to hear Gus is up and running.

Susan, I am missing LouAnn already (she leaves next week). We have worked together for 13 years. We know each other so well that we can look at each other and talk with our eyes. LOL

I'm happy for her, but it's like a part of me leaving.:lol:

Lisa, we have a garden and I'm trying to work it. I don't like outside, but it's exercise.

I know----Stay in A box. :blushing:

well.. my band likes to be tight sometimes and then not! The last couple of days I havent been able to eat much during the day (nights are fine) and I dont have TOM visiting. Just when I think i need a little bit of fill, I am changing my mind again. Lisa, I didnt wait for my 6 week appt, I called and went in 1 week early, got some out. I understand that you can come in for a unfill but not a fill without a scheduled appt BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM.

Anyway, I want to eat the junk too. More than I ever did before the band. I wish the bad stuff didnt go down sooooo easy too. IS ANYONE LOSING ??????? !!!!!!!!!

glo what will you do with out your twin???? or partner in crime???

i know lou is excited but i feel for you, a girl i worked with for 14 year left the office a few years ago and i thought i would just die, but life goes on the girl that does her job is a hoot and i really like working with her, but i do mess the other girl!!!

tp i guess i would have to say i am loosing but just slow as usual, but the scales aren't going up at all just creeping down. of course it has taken me almost 2 yr to lose what you have already lost. as lisa has said just remember this is a slow process. and also remember we did not get this big overnite!!!

I'm slowly losing, tp. And I hear you about the variable "tightness" of the band. When I first wake up, it's difficult for me to eat (Amy did actually cover this). Drinking a little bit of a hot liquid seems to help. I've only had 1 fill so far, so I didn't really expect this issue to come up just yet. I wish I could come to a support group and put some faces to these names!! Maybe nobody will book the sleep lab one Monday night and I can sneak down...

Morning everyone.

I find that I am way too tight during the day. I don't want anything for Breakfast. I usually try to have a slimE fast a little while after the morning cup of coffee. lunch is not much of an option unless I want to eat junk, and by supper, I'm starving and want to eat the house down. I can eat at supper, and I try not to eat fast and more than I can handle. Its during the day that gets me. I know I'm hungry, it just won't go down. I have tried drinking the hot stuff before a meal and it doesn't work that well right now. It's not like I'm not getting to eat anything, I just cant eat right during the day. THE WORST TIME!! That's why I have tried to stay outside as much as possible. lol

Glo sorry to hear bout your partner in stuff. You will be ok. It's not like she is falling off the face of the planet. lol I'm sure she will keep in touch. Hang in there, k?

I'm going to do better today. I'm gonna start a food journal again to see how many calories I'm getting. Maybe that will help.

Yall stay in the box today!

lisa

Good morning,

Lisa after you finish with your box, can I have it? LOL

Don't wait too long for that unfill, Lou got a fussing about waiting too long.

I have a little restriction at odd times. Mostly around bedtime. Fickle as it is, I'll try a Protein Drink a hr before bed and it sometimes tries to hang around longer than I want it to. Yes, Lou and I will keep in touch but I'll miss seeing her face and now I won't have anyone to get in trouble with. I don't warm up to a lot of people easily anymore, so I guess I'll be a loner. She understands me too well.

Susan, my mother did say that Lou and I were twins. LOL

tp, I'm not losing (I don't think). I threw my scale away. It wasn't showing me what I wanted to see. LOL

Lo2Us, best wishes on your field trip and Saturday prep.

Thanks everyone!

That danged 5lbs that I THOUGHT I lost showed up overnight! GEEZ! Maybe it will go away overnight too!

Here's something new on the exercise front. Some of my co-workers are doing the 4 mile Walk Away the lbs Video everyday after school. I tried it with them and to be honest, was almost as tired as when I go to the gym and run 3.25 miles then lift weights! I think I will try to do this more often on the days I can't get to the gym. I thought some of you might want to try it at home too, it takes about 45 minutes and is not real hard.

I think I'm going to do liquids for as long as I can stand it the next few days to see if I can get these stupid 5lbs off once and for good!

Hang in there everybody!

Oh yeah, have any of you tried Weight Watchers with the band? I wonder if you can do that?????