Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I did Water aerobics the fist part of the year and loved it. I wish I had time to do it again! Right now I'm killing myself driving 20 minutes one way to and from the gym!

Hi everybody. It's been awhile since I posted. I had surgery with Dr K on May 14th. I did fairly well through the first fill but not great, as far as losing much weight. Let me tell you, I now know what restriction is since I had my fill last Monday. I have also found out what PB'ing and sliming are unfortunately....lol I thought I was gonna be the one that never did that. I also found out why they don't want you to drink before and after meals. If I try to drink with my meals now, even a few sips, it makes me feel like everything is hanging(get the pain in the stomach and the left shoulder pain...yuk). I totally understand and have a renewed appreciation for the band and everything I have learned on here. It is wonderful to be able to see that other people are going through the same thing you are. It's great to have you guys to talk to also. You guys are doing great.. I too have yo-yo'd. Seems like I would lose a pound one day only to gain it back the next day. (I know you shouldn't weigh every day but I can't help it. Before lap band you couldn't pay me to weigh...lol) Anyway, thanks for all the posts. You guys are great. Keep up the good work.....

lo2us, how do you drink those bullets? Do you mix them with something? I tried to take a swig out of one, and wooh, I couldn't do it. I hope you mix it with something, sweetner?? Water? ?

Perky 66 how many fills have you had? I know every one is different.

Went to water aerobics tonight, I am tired, I haven't been since before my surgery June 6th. But, it is a good tired. I am going to take lo2us's advice and try to walk in the morning, if I can move, LOL.

bye all,

addy

Hi Addy!! This was my second fill. I don't have a clue what size band I have but I know there is 4.2cc in it... Whatever that means... The way I understand it, it doesn't mean alot because different people get different sized bands. Have you guys got a fill with the nurse practitioner yet?? She is great. One stick and quick as a flash. Dr Keilin did my first one and she was grea too. Have a good day guys...

I take the bullets when i get done working out. They're called AnyWhey. I'm not sure they are the same ones the docs have. Mine are from Joe smoothies. I take half of one after every work out, I don't mix it with anything. They have 42 g of Protein I think, anyway, you body can only process about 20 g at a time, so i split them up. I'm out of them at the moment so I'm trying to finish off the cherry nectar I bought from the docs...it's kind of like cherry kool aid...that stinks!

Do you drink it straight out of the bullet? I guess it is just me, I will try it again, I got mine at Joe's also. It really tasted strong :w00t: Maybe it was the smell? I will try it again and hold my nose :eek: I have not tried the ones at the dr. office. Oh, you know what I did not get mine at Joe smoothies, it had something in it that I cannot take with my blood pressure, something to hype you up. So I had to get my at GNC, they said it was the same thing. Joe's would only sell it in case, and I did not want to buy a case until I was sure I liked it. I had forgotten that. I will have to check again and see if it was the same brand. I tried several different ones, even a bottle of stuff. I only need to take half at a time? Thanks for telling that.

I got to sleep in this morning until 7:00 it was wonderful!!! :lol: My eating even went better today.

Have a good evening everyone.

addy

Hi Priss....yes my parents are Chan and Gloria....do you know me? Maybe we're friends!!

I had a really bad experience yesterday and this morning.....we went to magic springs and on our way home stopped to eat in hot springs...it was about 8:00....i knew that was too late to be eating but i was hungry and didn't think it was that big of a deal because i'd be going to bed late...got in bed about 12 and about 12:30 was sooooo thirsty so my husband gave me a glass of ice Water. I was tired and not thinking straight and after about 2-3 sips realized it was the WRONG thing to do. Major Major heartburn....i couldn't lay back down and ended up sitting in the recliner. I took 2 peptos but that didn't work at all...just alot of burning. I fell asleep at some point. But when i woke up this morning i had a terrible taste in my mouth. I thought it was because of the pepto. A little later i was putting on my make up and noticed that my teeth were greenish/black. It was so weird....then i noticed my tongue was black....completely black. It was so shocking! I brushed my teeth and was freaking out a little bit when my friend called...i told her what happened and she said i had severe reflux....and that her mom has that problem sometimes. Anyway i called the office and told Debbie what happened and she said it was reflux and reassured me that i was ok but not to ever drink cold water in the middle of the night.....trust me i won't!!!! I've had heartburn all day. She said just eat Soup today.

Just thought i'd let you all know one of the many things that can happen if you don't follow the rules! Sorry it was so long!

oh, aligmamma, so sorry that you are feeling bad. Man, that sounds scary. I really hope you get to feeling better today.

addy

thanks addy!

i am feeling much better today. I've even lost 2 more pounds since tues. that puts me over 40!!!! if i lose 5 more pounds i'll be half way there! I also got to fit into my size 16 jeans that a friend of mine gave me....i've been putting it off because it's been too hot and i tried them on today and they're actually a little loose!!!!

WOO HOO!!! Way to go aligmamma.

addy

Peri, my name is Patricia. My stepson (former) Matt used to be friends with Bo. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks Aligmamma, I did not know that. If I did I sure don't remember it. It's a million wonders I haven't done that. Sounds painful, hope you're feeling better... By the way, your weight loss is great.. Congratulations!!!

Hey Priss....was it matt B? If so i know him...Bo will be going to Texas High this year...we've had all of Redwater we could take!

Hi all I started my 2 week pre-op diet, it was not fun, going cold turkey from food to slimfast was an big adjustment for my tummy. lol It was growling like crazy, and I had a really hard time going to sleep last night being so hungry.....But I feel some better today, I need to get a grip and stop having a pity party.....:lol: Hope yall are all having a great day!

hang in there. You'll be so amazed when you wake up from surgery and aren't hungry any more!