Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

aligmamma, good job. Yes, it's in the same room (or at least that's my understanding). That salad you get will be the best salad you ever had in your life, heehee.

hey lisa

ronda told me bea has lost 30LBS!!!!!! bet she not too depressed now!!!!

Susan,

Sounds like Bea is on the right track now. It took me a while before I started losing too. I know she will be ok now.

Hey everyone else!

Are you getting wet today? Boooo! That just makes my house that much farther away from delivery. Now, we have to wait until the ground dries out.

Had to move my appointment AGAIN! Now, I don't go back until June 2nd. I guess that's ok. I'm not as tight as I was and have learned to eat properly, so it's not bad now.

The funniest thing happened this morning. Have yall ever "heard" your stomach when you drink Water? It was very quiet this morning when I got a drink and discovered my stomach makes a noise like a little frog, or maybe a baby bird. It's kinda cross between the two. I thought it was so funny, I took another drink to see if it would do it again. I ended up drinking a whole glass of water just listening. lol I had never heard it do that before and probably never will again, but it was funny. lol Yall should try it sometime. Just take little sips of water and wait. If you are like me, I can feel the water going down and when it hits the stoma, it "chirps or squeeks" or makes a funny noise. Let me know, k?

Yall have a good day! Stay in the box! and drink your water!

lisa

Ok, well, i've been eating my salads now for 3 days and to be honest it's not that great. I may be crazy but i think because i've not been eating "real food" that something's wrong with my tastebuds. I;ve been getting a side salad from Wendy's and tried lite ranch dressing, ceasar dressing and regular ranch and they all are too spicy for me! They taste like they have tons of pepper in them. I don't eat alot of dressing on my salad anyway so i just decided not to use the dressing. I've also found that I don't always want that Protein Shake everyday. Should I drink it anyway? My family says that if i have the will power to do this liquid diet this easily then i don't need the lapband...but i say that God's just given me grace to get through it!

My family says that if i have the will power to do this liquid diet this easily then i don't need the lapband...

We hear this all the time :hurray:. My wife, Dr Rachael Keilin, likes to say there is always someone who is not supportive (usually a skinny husband :hurray:) who says "If the Lap Band just lets you eat less, why don't you skip the surgery and just eat less?..... Why don't you just stay on a liquid diet forever?" :cry_smile:

Ridiculous nonsense. The Lap Band is meant to help you change your habits and be able to control your portion size to help you not only lose the weight, but keep it off! It's not meant to be a temporary fix for 2 weeks.

Good luck, aligmamma (great name!) we'll see you soon.

Don't forget everybody, we're trying to get the blog on the website more active. Visit the blog, add comments. Email us to suggest things to write about. By the way, Amy (the dietician) is going to try to get me the text of her presentation from the support group this past Monday and when I get it I'll put it up on the blog.

Thank you Dr. Hekier!!!! Lots of people don't understand our point of view! I think "they" are mis-informed about the band and what it does. But, I also think that trying to explaining it to them is like trying to explain it to a rock. Some people just don't get it.

lisa

We hear this all the time :lol:. My wife, Dr Rachael Keilin, likes to say there is always someone who is not supportive (usually a skinny husband :eek:) who says "If the Lap Band just lets you eat less, why don't you skip the surgery and just eat less?..... Why don't you just stay on a liquid diet forever?" :biggrin:

Ridiculous nonsense. The Lap Band is meant to help you change your habits and be able to control your portion size to help you not only lose the weight, but keep it off! It's not meant to be a temporary fix for 2 weeks.

quote]

Well there ya go! Wise words straight from the source!

I just realized something....MY TICKER HASN'T MOVED IN ALMOST TWO MONTHS!!!! I'm playing around with the same 5 or 6 pounds! This is getting old. Although, some I have firmed up some from shoveling all that dirt, I can't seem to get off this plateau. Ok..... enough of that. Thanks for letting me yell at someone! :thumbup:

Yall have a great day today! Remember the box and the water!

lisa

Hello all. I made it back Sun. and made it to the meeting Mon. night. Good meeting. Amy is presenting a three part series, this was #2. It will be posted in a week or so on the noscales.com blog. People that couldn't come to the meeting should go there and take a look. I understand part 1 is on there. We had a good meeting, not quite as many people there this time. End of school, graduations, and with summer vacations just around the corner the head count is expected to be a little down, but still a good crowd.

Susan you are beating me. Pooey! lol. Didn't gain on vacation but didn't shed one pound. Lots of walking, but lots of eating too. Better rev up my engine. Take care all, and welcome all you new folks.

I got my lap band Wednesday. The surgery went great. Dr Keilin found a hiatal hernia when she was in there and fixed it also. She is great and so easy to talk to. I am feeling great. I have some soreness at the incision on the left side but it's only been 3 days, I think that is wonderful. I know y'all are gonna think I am crazy, but I can't burp. Is that common?? Going back to work Monday and I'm about ready. These wall are closing in on me. Have a good day everybody!!

i KNOW Lisa.. I am tired of this not losing too. I am sick of it. Months of this now. Of course, we CANT give up on our band !!! I am tight and still not losing.

Summer is here and I am NOT where I wanted or thought I would be right now. If I figure out the secret to getting the loss going again I will yell it from the roof tops! LOL. A lot of people seem to have a hard time losing after the first 50 pound loss. People are noticing that I am stuck...not asking me anymore how much i have lost if they see me all the time. .................Gonna go outside and walk !!

PERKY, hang in there. i dont remember not being able to burp ! It all feels funny at first. remember to sip and walk, walk, walk.

Perky, I had that weird burp thing too. Your stomach is still very swollen right now. Like tpage said, walking really does help.

Hi everyone!

Hang in there Perky. I don't remember having that problem, but it's been a while since I got my band. I have "sometimers". lol But there are times that I still have trouble burping. Just remember, you have changed the plumbing just a bit and it will take time to get used to it.

Teresa.... my light is coming on now. (DUH!!) Drink lots of Water. Remember to get your Protein in. Those pesky pounds will go away. I'm starting to lose again. Very slowly, but losing just the same. I am still not able to move that stinkin ticker, but I'm within a few pounds of being able to do so. I know what you mean about everyone asking about the loss and not being able to tell them that you have lost more. The closer you get to goal, the harder that fat is to get rid of. We are just gonna have to work harder than ever to get there!!! Ready? I am.... I wish I could afford plastics. That would probably get rid of 10 or so pounds. Quick, but not painful! lol

Yall have a good day. Drink, drink, drink, and don't forget the protein. Stay in your little box!

lisa