Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Good morning everyone.....

Arkie, how are you feeling this morning? Hope you are feeling ok. Did you have things checked out?

Did everyone have a good weekend? It sure was quiet on here.

Yall have a good day!

I really don't know who is who on this board, but I did want to say that to wichever one is the nurse at N. E. Surgery Center in Texarkana, a great big THANK YOU for being so nice while I had surgery there recently. You are certainly a great representative of the successes of the Lap-Band, and a tribute to your profession. I had not one fear or regret during my time under your care, and we talked a great deal about our journeys, it was so nice to meet you. Again thanks!! MIZBOO

hey guys

just got back from texarkana having a fill this is my first fill since july i was still pretty tight but getting hungry again so i

got a small fill but the big treat was i got to meet sugar bear

she was there for a fill to and she was kinda easy to pick out once i saw her walking LOL justing kidding sb you are really get

ting around good hardly limping at all!!! i had lost 9 lbs since july but i am a slow poke and i had been down more but i was off work last week and i ate to much while i was at home hopefully this fill will help me get through the holidays and still loose.

bye for now

hello. I MISSED the support meeting, had a late night admission to hospice, I cant believe I had to miss another one. I am going to try to go to the one in MP. That of course means I have to stay late in mp for the meeting. I cant keep missing them, i dont want to pay for my fills. I go next tuesday for my second fill ! yea.

have a GREAT week.

Good morning everyone! I got back Sunday but just haven't had time to sit at the computer. Went to Texarkana twice Monday, Dr. K for a fill and then back to the meeting.that night, had to work Tues. all day. I got to meet Susan Mon. at PS. I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Just wish it could have been longer. I hope we get to meet again. I guess my blood pressure is comming down. I had a little episode of dizziness while I was on the table after my fill. Thought I may have sat up too quick but it happened twice, thought I was going to fall off of it. That would have been a sight! My blood pressure was lower than usual so I am going to cut my meds in half. Going by my PCP office today and get it checked. I guess I better start monitoring it. I would love to get off the meds like Lo2us.

Oh, I know what it feels like to be "tight" finally. Tues. I tried eating some oatmeal and toast. Took about three bites of oatmeal and one bite of toast (one too many), got stuck, got sick. Dr. K said she was going to be a little more aggressive with the fill since I am still having hunger problems. I hope this stays with me. I think this fill is really going to help me with Portion Control, which is what I really need and want. I've babbled too long, sorry, just trying to get caught up.

Lisa....Now really.....Susan seems like such a sweet person..LOL

Hi yall. I'm sneaking in at lunch again.

SugarB, I'm glad you have some restriction finally. That's cool. And I see you are almost back to a normal routine at work too. That will help with the hunger.

And..... I don't know what to tell you bout Susan. I figgered out early on that I could pick on her and get away with it. lol She likes to cut up as much as I do. So, I guess we're even.

I'm thinking I might need a tweak again. I haven't lost much in this six weeks. My next appt is Dec 4th. I'm ready.

Yall have a good day!

Mizboo, sorry I guess I missed about you having surgery. Hope everything went well. I have been out of the loop lately. Maybe things will get back to normal (whatever that is) around here where I can keep up better.

Lisa I am still tight today but not like yesterday. Hope I don't lose anymore. Had a little bit of beef stroganoff for lunch, picked out some of the meat. Had some oatmeal and NO toast for Breakfast. Went down much better than yesterday. lol. But have been bad this evening. DH is working late, I am starving, going to have late supper and ate some Pringles to tide me over.ARGGGGG! Shame on me! Why did I do that?

moved my ticker.... YEA... 1 pound at a time but better than gaining !!! WOO HOOO

have a great weekend everybody:whoo:

Had that Tummy Tuck I have been dreaming of so now I can't keep griping about that tummy that looks more like(as someone else said) their hubby's scrotum than a stomach!! Right now it looks like I had a run in with Jack the Ripper, but got my drains out yesterday so I feel like a new person now. Most all of the pain is from the drains and not the incision as it is fairly numb and will be for a while. I will keep ya'll posted on my progress. Hope all is well with you all, and sorry about missing the meeting last week, just wasn't up to it as that was 1 week since surgery. What did they give away this month, and did anything new happen. Oh yes, how does Mrs. Betty's neck look since her smart Lipo work?

Talk to ya'll later, I have a fill appt. on Monday, but with all this swelling I have so much restriction I doubt there is any way I will get one this time. Oh well, see ya'll MIZBOO

tell us more.... how much did the Tummy Tuck cost??? I have never seen a price on here. WAY TO GO !!! You gotta be on cloud nine now wish412. WOO HOO

the tuck was 7000.00 for everything, and had it done locally, so that must be about average. it all was fine, recovery is just harder than expected. But my tummy is flat as a flitter as they say. He removed 3.5 lbs. of skin and fat from just my tummy, and that was quite a bit from what I have read. I will keep you posted. Thanks, and I am really glad to have that done, now on to the saggy boobies. MIZBOO

So happy for you, Wish412. I wish that was me (pun intended:)). I still have a good ways to go, but I'm looking forward to getting that done or the Lipo. Did your ins co pay?

I am not slimming unless I eat too fast or don't chew good.

I ahd an untra sound on gall bladder yesterday but don't know anything yet on what the results are.

I think you could be describing esophogial spasms too or being too tight. Get them to check it out. Are you sliming and getting stuck even though you follow the rules?