Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

sugarb

i had no restriction at all then went in for a fill and felt a little restriction the nite of the fill than the next day i could eat a bear(no pun intended) waited it out until a week or so then called mrs betty and went back in and dr k couldnot pull any saline out so i went in for a fill under fluo with dye in the saline and you could see the saline seeping out in the tissue around the port. the drs didn't charge but the surg. center did it cost around 2000 and i am self pay. (sucked big time) but i have only had 2 fills since 3-07 and i have lost around 25-30lbs during that time, but remember i am not a dieter i eat alot of carbs. and protien no veggies and at this time i don't eat a lot of anything at one time (bad grazing habit) BUT I AM LOSINIG NOW!!

Thanks Susan for the reply. I just wondered about it. I can nearly eat a bear. I don't eat the amount I used to but sometimes I wonder if that is physical or mental. But I do get stuck occasionally and PB. Not often. Would I do that if I had a leak? Or a slow leak. You are the only one I know that has had a leak. Did that not show up when you were banded or did it develop later? Sorry so many questions. I believe someone told me they test the band for leaks before putting it on. Anyway I am glad you are doing good now. I was just hoping for more Portion Control by now. Just have to be patient. Guess the opening to my stomach may have been much smaller than my band. Which means it will take me longer to get proper restriction. I rather get to it that way than be too tight and possibly erode. Right? I think I will ask about that when I go back on the 12th.

Mornin everyone!

Well...... it finally happened. Someone came up to me yesterday at school and ask "I just want to know what you are doing to lose so much weight?" I almost flipped out! I just jokingly said, " Oh, I just quiting eating so much and started walking more." Little does she know....lol.... I have a secret weapon! I thought my head was gonna explode! :rolleyes:

Our last ball game is this morning.....Go Rebels!!!

Talk to yall later.

sugarb.. yes i am still a hospice nurse. I am now working for Mays Hospice. They mostly go out n the rural areas. I will be in an office in Mt. Pleasant. I live in Texarkana so that is still a good drive. I hope to build up the patients there and closer to texarkana! I LOVE hospice, this will be a little like a traveling hospice nurse I guess. There is room for advancement with this company. I hate to hear about the leak and the cost of 2000.00. I would just have to wait, no way I could pay the surgery center and I am sure they want their money up front! Good luck girl! I dont ever quit worrying about the band messing up and the money it will take to fix it. I am eating less but sometimes the hunger hits really strong only after 2 hours. The scales are really SLOW ! Very discouraging when people ask me how much I have lost. I WANNA LOSE !!!

newjulie... how are you? Way to go lisa ! I am trying to not be so self consumed on here but ya'll are so great to vent to and ask questions ! Thanks !

Teresa, don't worry bout being "self consumed". We all do that from time to time. And we have been in your shoes. It wasn't that long ago, that I was whinning bout not losing. I promise, you don't need to worry about it. That's why we have this thread......for support. We try our best to support each other in any way we can. I think that's why we have such a good thread going.

Ball game results....... Rivercrest 18, Prairieland 0. We won! My little man was all over the field. Played both offense and defense. They were awesome. It was the last game of the season. Now for the play-offs. Go Rebels!!!!

Minor Goal Approaching - I'm 2 lbs away from losing less than 100lbs. That's still a lot to lose, but when I started out needing to lose 160+ lbs and I really didn't think I would lose more than 30...it makes me feel like I wil be able to do this! Thanks to all y'all for helping me along this far, you're encouragment has made all the difference.

Way to go Tanner!

Sugarbear- How's the leg?

Hang in there everybody!

I hope that made sense? I meant when I lose 2 more lbs, I will have less than 100 more to lose!

Minor Goal?!! 60 lbs. in four months! That's HUGE!!!!!!!!!

YEA Shannon.

Teresa, job sounds great! You are just now recovered from surgery. Be patient, get a few fills under your belt, then we'll see what happens. Getting healed up and now moving forward is the main thing. I definitely hope you move quicker than me, and most do, as you can tell by reading the thread here and elsewhere. Just give it some time. We are all impatient. After making the decision to make this big step, we all seem to want immediate results, including me. We didn't get this was very quickly and many of us won't get to the other end quickly either. Have faith, you will do great. Vent all you want, I sure do, don't I Lisa?!

thanks !! That is great lo2us ! Big accomplishment. :whoo:

My husband saw me eating chilli yesterday and asked me if I was gonna stretch my pouch ! I was only eating a small amt so it kind of irked me a little bit. I ate salad last night, it is hard to chew it small but now I am not afraid of it. I tried to go out and eat and to a movie with my dh. I couldnt eat the chinese beef, couldnt chew it. the movie sucked. BUT.. at least we tried. Dont go see 30 days of night. BAD. Eating out isnt as much fun.. I am glad, not complaining about that. I need to diet more. I am eating everything in smaller amounts. That doesnt work that well does it ?? Just wondering what everyone else is eating... LOVE MY BAND :)

Hi everyone!

Teresa, sorry bout the movie and the night out. Maybe, next time will be better. We had a tailgate party at the church friday nite and I had chili with all the trimmings. Just not a lot of it, so don't fret the chili thing. It has Protein, just be careful of the fat content. (ours was home made, so who knows what the fat content was. lol)

Way to go Shannon!!!! Go, Shannon, Go. It's a great feeling, isn't it? To finally accomplish something that you thought was close to impossible.

Update on the football. We are going to the playoffs! Practice three nites this week AND a pep rally Tuesday nite! Yall pray that MOM is able to keep up this week. lol :) On top of all that, Dr.s appointment tuesday morning, church wed. nite, and of course the game Saturday morning. I'm tired just thinking bout it. So, if I don't get online very much this week, I'm not lost, just running around like a chicken. No offense, Shannon. I know how attached you were to your guard chicken. lol

Yall have a blessed day and week if I don't get back on. And you know what else.......Stay in the box!!

Good morning everyone, I see that all had a super weekend, it was beautiful. Lisa, congrats to you DS and his team. I know that you and DH are very proud of him. Hope you are getting pictures for DG (grandchildren). lol, you do look great, I didn't see you before, but I can see what I see and you are small.

Sugar, I hope that it's just that you need more in your band and not a leak. Don't get discouraged. I don't know a whole lot, but I do know that this site is the best place to be for support.

LO2, :) You are doing great. Congrats. Hope I can lose like that. I get that 2nd fill tomorrow (I'm trying hard not to think of needles, lol) and looking forward to more restriction, I didn't have ANY after the 1st.

Hippmom, hope you and your Boo-Boo are healing good. LOL

Arkie, how are you doing?