Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Homecoming went well, but I'm it's finished!

It was really hard to not eat all the goodies we had at the dance, as well as find time to eat when I was running around all day. I wasn't an angel, but I did okay!

My band is still tight, but I'm much more comfortable than I was at the begining of the 2nd fill. I can only have a few bites and those have to be taken slowly. I'm still having trouble with the slow part when I'm out or at work. I really notice that most people eat really quickly, and I think I try to keep up.

I haven't been exercising like I should, so I'm going to start walking 2 miles every other day next week. It should be easier to find time now that my H/Cing is out of the way.

Y'all keep up the good work...and hipmom...I can't wait to be where you're at!

Hello all, I have a question this morning. I got my band 10-10-07 and I am trying to drink 20 ounces of Water, 1 slim fast, 1 boost , I can't make it.

I have this almost throwing up feeling, like it gets almost to the point where I throw up and stops, I take a few swollowers and get the feeling to settle down.

I know I need to eat but with this feeling I can't get it down. And I don't have a hungar feeling.

This morning I am sipping on a cup of bullion.

Hi Arkie. Give yourself a little more time, you are only 4 days out. Drink something hot to start, that seems to help. Only sips at a time. A heating pad helps a lot of people for comfort. I didn't really have much swelling but some do. Lots of short walks will help with the discomfort of the air. All the frequent movement helps break down thos large air bubbles to smaller ones, then they will dissapate. Be sure to follow the diet they gave you at the hospital. I know it sucks, but it seems to work toward the success of healing. I got some sugarfree Hersheys Syrup and made hot chocolate with it. mmmmm Or which ever flaver you like. Seems like the hot stuff feels good. + you get some Protein. Also, I know this might sound a little weird but, If you like Jello, you can drink, (your flavor) hot Jello. You will get tired of broth after a while. Hang in there, it will pass, and you will move on to better foods, you will enjoy it too!

Lo2us, glad HC went well, now maybe you can relax a bit. Whew!

Any new people have questions, fire away, someone on here can come up with an answer.

Hey Yall!

Arkie, take it slow. You're still swelled from the placement of the band. I promise you will be fine. Just take small sips and when you feel full, stop. Right now, you really aren't trying to lose weight as much as you are healing. In a few more days, you will be able to tolerate more. I know that it's hard to do, but just stay with the diet you were given. Don't force anything down. When you feel full, stop. Then later you can get a few more sips in. Like Sugarbear said, something warm will feel good and help relax the stoma just a little.

Shannon, I guess you took a big sigh of relief when the dance was over. I'm glad for you that it's over. lol

Susan, way to go on those 16's. My size is beginning to get loose now. Man, don't you just hate that. NOT!!!!! :eek:

Glo, I'm still gonna try for the meeting tomorrow nite. I guess I will be able to get my pin. My loss and the Doc's loss is not the same. I started losing before I went to see them. Maybe, Mrs. Betty will feel sorry for me and let me have it anyway. lol

Yall be sweet and stay in the box. Have a good day tomorrow!

Arkie, hang on in there and listen to Sugar and Lisa, everyone here helped me make it through those times.

Lisa, I hope to be there, but if the weather is bad, I'll have to make the next one. Is your DS still having a game?

L2, glad that you're back and H/C is over. We had ours Friday night,too.

Susan, how's things going?

do we weigh in at the support meetings? In front of everyone or what? Just wondering. I am still trying to get to my first meeting! I want that pin too ! LOL. Arkie... keep asking questions, everyone has good advice for you. They sure helped me. Have a good week ya'll.

have any of you guys had a cold since you have been banded?? i have been sick with a cold for over a week and

can't seem to shake it off, just wondering it i might be a

little run down due to the limited calories or something

like that. i was off work all last week but have to get back

to work this week but i really still feel lousy.

Thanks, and I did rememebr someone told me that the band might shrink during the night and something hot might help so now first thing I do is drink hot chicken broth.The sick feeling seems to be less today than yesterday.

Hipmom~ Try Zicam next time you feel like a cold is coming on. They come in a swab that you swipe around the inside of your nose, and it shortens the life of the cold. It really works. Also comes in a throat spray. I never go a cold season without it. You can feel one coming on and nip it in the bud and next morning, you may not even have a cold. Great stuff! Get it at Walmart.< /p>

I get banded this Wed. I'm a little nervous, I haven't been in a hospital for surgery in over 20 years. I'll be glad when it's over.:paranoid

I had a sinus infection right after surgery, but upped my B12 intake and it went away rather quickly. I will try to ziacam this year!

I take b-12, multi Vitamin, and Biotin everyday. The B12 seems to help me have a little more pick up when I'm low on Protein. My PCP told me to take it if I felt tired. At first, when I didn't get enough protein, I just drug around, but I'm handling it better now. I noticed the difference when I started the b12. My hair is growing back in thicker too...after about 5 weeks of biotin...as are my nails stronger and have stopped peeling.

ssshh!!! my husband has been telling me to take ziacam but i didn't think it worked!!!!

lisa and glo how was the meeting? i didn't get off work until nearly 6:00 and by then i was coughing my head off so i didn't even remember it until after i got home