Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Tp - My band is fickle and sometimes I can eat lunch and sometimes just a few bites and then I'm stuffed. Usually can't eat more than two bites of Breakfast and CAN actually eat dinner. I do watch fat and calories, but I eat pretty much anything...or will TRY anything considering I eat such small amounts. Chili is good to me ;) at least going down...maybe not so much on my husband a few hour later. salad is about the only thing I can eat and it go down 90% of the time.

Mornin everyone!

Good luck this morning, Glo. Remember.....TRY to relax.

Honestly, yall. I'm NOT that small yet. It's called CAMOFLAGE! ;) Yall know what I'm talking about. lol

Susan, I don't think I will be getting a fill today. I'm just going to weigh in and talk to him for a few seconds. Sure is a lousy day to be on the road, but.....

Pep rally tonite. Go Pee-wee Rebels!!! See, I'm already in the spirit. :)

Yall have a good day!

Hey everybody:)

Well, it's a done deal. I got banded Oct.17th. Mostly I'm just really sore on my whole left side. I don't know where my port is. Gravity hurts!

Haven't been sick any, have been slightly hungry a couple times.

I have lost 21 lbs since I started this adventure.

I was wondering about one thing. On my lower tummy,right side, I woke up after surgery with a blood blister and a really nasty bruise. There's no incision and no pain in that area. Anyone else have it?

I'm still feeling a little insecure about what I've done, having a foreign object permanently inside me.

Julie - I think we've all doubted the foreign object in us. I'm just coming up on 5 months out and it's just gotten to where I'm starting to forget about it being in there...until I eat. It took me a couple of months to find my port too. I kept checking under the wrong incision! Then I had Dr. H show me. The blood blister thing, I don't know about. Maybe you should call and ask? Just hang in there, and in a little while, life with the band will start feeling normal. I hardly even notice my scars in the mirrow any more too!

I don't notice them in the mirror either! I was just testing y'all this morning with a little creative spelling! LOL

Good afternoon all,

Lisa and Hippmom, you all must have said a prayer for me cause the needle didn't hurt. Dr. H did it. He and the nurse asked me if I needed a fill, I laughed and told them " Yes, I'm very hungry". I guess they thought that the 1st fill did wonders for me-NOT.

I hope that this does something for me. It did for Lou, and you all know that we are just like twins (lol). We got banded and most things we do alike. She's my best bud.

Lisa, how did your visit go? Dr. H said that even I will keep coming every 6 wks, but I didn't have to get a fill.

Can all of you all tolerate salads? I didn't know if we could eat lettuce.

Welcome NewJ!!!!!!!! to bandland.:glasses

Hello guys...Long time no posting...hope you haven't forgotten me...

Billy and I are doing well...Billy is down 75 lbs and I am down 87lbs. I am hoping to have lost 100 by my anniversary date (Dec. 28th) Hope I can make it...

Had a rough past couple of months...my grandmother has passed away and her funeral will be tomorrow. She had been very sick for a long time and my mother has lived with her for the past couple of months just waiting for the day to come...My dad had surgery yesterday, so dealing with that...and, I have to have minor knee surgery next week to repair some torn cartilage that is keeping me from doing my walking right now...ouch!!! SO...hopefully, by next week, I can get back to some normallity and work on that last 13 lbs I want to lose...

Miss getting to visit with you guys on here...school is getting easier so maybe I can take a little time each day to post more...I am enjoying seeing how well all of you have done while I have been away...Keep up the good work!!!

Talk at you later...Hang in there and have a good week!

Lynn:whoo:

Congratulations Lynn and DH on your weight loss. Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. You have my sympathy.

Okay, so what's going on with these knees, toes, and feet? LOL

If you look back Lynn, you can read all it. But now everyone is on the mend.

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site. I've enjoyed looking in on everyone. I think I know some of you by reading your messages each day. They have been so helpful. I was banded by Dr. H on 7/25/07. I haven't had any problems. Just weight falling off SO SLOWLY!!!! But I have to be grateful that it is falling off and not ON!!! LOL. Everyone have a great day.

hi viper glad to see you on board

lisa and glo glad the dr. visits went the way you wanted it to

lyn good to see you again so sorry to hear about the g'm

new jul how's it going today

and tp did i read you will be working out of the mp office i think that will make you a mp bandster lol

Hey everyone!

Lynn, sorry bout your grand mother. And your dad, and the knee thing for you. But...congrads on the weight loss. That is great!!! And Billy too. Yall are doing great!

Vipertireswife...... welcome. Any weight loss is great, even if it's slow. Mine was in the beginning, but it's picked up now. Don't get discouraged, it will be gone before you know it.

Susan, my appointment was in and out. I didn't get a fill. He said I was doing great and a little ahead of schedule on my loss. (according to him. I could be losing faster in my opinion. lol) So, I'm just gonna keep doing what I have been doing, but I gotta find time somewhere to get my exercise in. Got in trouble for walking to the plant, so that's out. That was almost a mile round trip. Man, I thought I had found the perfect solution to my problem. Oh,well... I guess I will have to find something else, huh?

Glo, glad things went better this time. Hope you can feel something now. But, don't lose hope if you don't. You will get restriction soon. It's not about restriction, it's about the feeling of being satisifed. So, if you can be satisified with the 1/2 cup, then you have enough restriction. Like I said, you will get there.

Yall have a good day. Talk to everyone later!

Thank you everybody for welcoming me. I know the weight will come off. I have started walking and also walking up the stairs to our attic this week. I'm on fill number two without much restriction. I do feel more than the first. Maybe number 3 will be the one. Vicki

Welcome Viper!!!!!!!

Lisa, when did you start feeling some restriction after getting a fill? Does it take about a wk or two before you feel it?

I have been trying hard everyday (except weekends) to exercise, mostly walking. But I hope to after this first semester. I am going to exercise with Lou.

As Lisa quotes, "stay in the box". Have a blessed day everyone.

Gloria

Welcome Viper. glad to have you aboard!

NewJulie, so glad to hear from you and that you are doing fine. The blister may have been from an instrument but call anyway to be sure. Hang in there with the post-op diet, take it easy so you will heal well.

Lynn, I have really missed you. I am so sorry about your grandmother. I hope your dad heals quickly from his surgery and hope whatever he had done was successful. All this and the beginning of a new school year, not counting doing for your girls. Whew! You are due a break! I hope things make a turn for the better and you get some relief! Glad you and Billy are doing so well with the weight losses.

Glo sometimes it takes a while. Don't worry, you will get there.

Everyone take care.