Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

That is the PITTS, Susan. Man, it's funny how things work. I couldn't live 5 miles from you as the crow flies and I didn't get one hail stone. I'll come help you if you need some help. I like digging in dirt. As for Kramer, that little scamp needs to stop wandering so much. My husband went to work one morning this week and found our cocker spaniel almost a mile and a half from our house. That's bad. He's liver colored and is very hard to see at 5 a.m. I think he was out huntin a girlfriend.

Well, my restriction is coming and going. Yesterday, I wanted to eat the house down at lunch and I wasn't even hungry at supper. I wonder what gives.....

Is everyone else having touble with this site loading??? It is taking forever to get anywhere on here. I have given up so many times this week it's not funny. I almost wish I had wild blue!!!

Yall have a wonderful Mothers Day!

lisa

Hello all! I am back from vacation. We had a great time. If it weren't for my grandson and money I could have stayed longer......... We are thinking about taking him with us next time. He will be at a better age.

Vlynn, I use Dr. Robert Parham. He is very bright and seems to be up on all the new stuff. I did use Payne and I did like him, but I changed to Parham. He is husband to Dr. Kim Parkam (dermatologist, that I use) there in Texarkana also.

I didn't lose any weight to speak of while on vacation but I didn't gain any either. I can tell I got a fill. I do have "some" restriction. Better than before. I still get hungry but my amount taken in is certainly less. It was a few days before I really felt that. I think that is weird too.

glad to see you back wannabe thin.

Priss, sounds like you are doing much better.

Lisa, glad you have restriction and are enjoying it. I can tell I got a fill but I don't think it is like yours. Maybe next time. I am not at my sweet spot.

BUT!! I have dropped one clothes size!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!! I am going to join a gym this week, hope that helps some too.

Well, gotta get busy around here. I have laundry up to my eyeballs!! I'll get back soon.

Oh, WELCOME CMOOMOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are glad to have you and will help in any way we can. Will get back to you later, my family "calls."

I just ate my first meal tonight that consisted of more than 2 bites. I was afraid my first fill was too tight...haven't been able to take over 2 bites without feeling sick.:) I finally did tonight. I called the clinic and Betty told me to wait and see how things go because sometimes it takes a couple weeks for everything to settle down after a fill. That was good advice. Just wanted to share this in case anyone else can use this info. Have a good evening!

Hello Hopefulchurch. Sounds like you are doing great! I was wondering what size band you have? Most of us don't feel too much restriction, if any after the first fill. Most that I have read about that do that have the small band. You may be one of the lucky ones that may only have to have a couple of fills to achieve your goal. That would be wonderful. I have had my second fill. It seemed to help a little, my first did not. I have the medium band. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Hey, What happened to my ticker?????????????????????????????????

I went back to tickerfactory, finally figured that out?? and now I see it's back!

By-the-way everybody, the support group meeting is tomorrow night 7:00 YWCA, Magnolia St. Texarkana. I am planning on comming. I have a niece that is comming in to visit but I am not sure which day this week. If it isn't tomorrow I will be there definitely. If any new-comers need to know....You can always look up the time for the support meetings at noscales.com I think it is the second Monday of the month. Hope to see you there! Oh, for anyone that is not banded.....you are encouraged to come also. Just thought I would pass that little bit of info around.

hey i hope everyone has had a good mother's day!!!

i go tomorrow for my first fill after the port was repaired and i glad

because i am eating more and begining to get hungry but the repair was at the first of march so its been a long time since i have had to be filled

I plan on being at the meeting tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice holiday!

Sugarbear,

I don't know what size my band is. I guess that is something I should find out. I bet you are right about the size though. I wondered if it was a small one. It is nice having good restriction. I would love to only need a couple fills. That first one smarted a bit! I plan to attend the support group meetings this summer. I live 3 hours away so I can't right now while school is in session. Restriction is nice but there have also been lots of adjustments to go with it! I am finding out more and more the band really is a tool and my brain is the biggest problem with my weight. Have a good week.

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing ok. Glad to see you back, Sharon. Have a good trip?

Well, I have to say, I am actually starting to loose again, but I haven't lost below my ticker. I'm working on it. I haven't had time to even think about food the last few days, so the head hunger is not much of a problem now.

I'm asking again....... Is anyone else having trouble with this site? Since they put the new skin on, I have a LOT of trouble. I know it's not my pc, cause other web pages are loading as usual, but this one is really ticking me off!!!! I'm bout ready to holler real loud at someone!!!

Yall have a good day. This will probably be the last time I will get on today. It just takes too much time.

lisa

Hi Lisa. I was hoping you would be at the meeting tonight. We had a lady there that did some comedy and it was fun and light-hearted. I really enjoyed it. Yes, the site does take longer to load but I don't think I am having the trouble you are. My ticker even disapeared, had to redo it. I had a great time on my vacation.

lo2us, were you at the meeting? I guess I didn't see you if you were there. Sorry. I thought I looked for you better than that.

Hi vlynn, how are you and Billy doing? Is he able to eat yet?

Well better go now. Haven't been in from the meeting but about 30 minutes. Better do a few things before bed time. Good night all.

Mornin everyone! How's ever little thang this mornin? Hope everyone is doing great today.

Sharon, I go to the Mt. Pleasant meetings. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to the Doc's office and I have no clue where much else is in Texarkana. Sam's, Lifeway, Target, the MALL that's about it. lol I don't even know if I could find Wadley again. lol You know I'm blonde. lol :youcandothis:

My ticker disappeared also. I just re-did it. I just get aggravated about the site not being as quick as it was. I was on this morning and tried to post and gave up after ten minutes of waiting. I am NOT a patient person when it comes to things like that.

Glad you had a good time on your vacation.

vylnn, hope Mr. Turtle is doing ok. How are you? It's almost time.... My little boy is really getting antsy for school to be out.

Shannon, how are you? Are you getting antsy too? It won't be long now. Started on the liquid diet yet? mmmmmm gooood! lol Just keep telling yourself that.

Well, shhhhhh, I think my scales are moving FINALLY!!!! I can tell I have a band that is working for me now. It is so cool to finally realize that. Now, if I can just get the band on my brain to work as well, I will be all set.

Yall have a good day, I'm off to mow.

lisa

Good morning Lisa. I forgot you went to the Mt. Pleasant meetings. I think I must be confused about where you are from. I wonder if you update your browser if it would help your wait time?

There was a young woman at the meeting that got her 75 lb pin, she has lost 81 lbs!! In four months!!!!!!!!! There were 3 that recieved their 50 lb. pin. One was a man, he had only been banded for 3 months I think. I wanted to have 50 off in three months but I can see that isn't going to happen....pooey. Just have have to keep plugging along. At least I haven't gained any. I am just impatient. I talked to a few that said food really isn't of interest to them any more. One lady had lost over 100 lbs. She said sometimes it makes her sick to even look for something for lunch. !? Not me! (Yet). Sometimes, after I eat, I might get a slight sicky feeling in my stomach for a short time. Then I think ohhhh, I ate too much. But it doesn't bother me as I am eating?? Gotta go now. Everyone take care!!

Sugarbear, I don't think it's browser problems. Everything else goes quickly. It's only this site and after I posted, the thing sped up some. It's still slow, but not as bad as it was. Kinda like me, I'm slow. lol Someone needs to speed me up. lol

The yard has been mowed. Thank goodness. I hate mowing. Got done pretty quick this time.

And guess what else.....shhhhh.... the scales did move this morning. But, I'm not saying it very loud yet and I'm not moving my ticker yet either. Last time I did that, I gained.

Paula, where do you live?? That sure is a long drive. Glad you are working that band. I know what you mean bout the head hunger. It sometimes gets the best of me. But, one of these days soon, I will divide and conquer!!! I can tell I don't have the head hunger as much since I got my last fill, but it's not completely gone yet. I hope to be like that lady at the meeting last nite in Texarkana. I hope I get to the point that I don't even like to look at food. Food is of the devil. Evil stuff!!! lol Sounds like I'm trying to convince myself, huh?

Priss!!!!! where are you and how are you?

And wanabethin??? just where are you young lady??? I sound like a mother hen. lol Yall will have to overlook me.

see yall later,

lisa