Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thanks Dr H, i did look at the blog about getting it in the office (and i understand the complications of getting it) but was wondering if it is looked at after placement while a patient is still under while in surgery to see if it is flowing correctly??

Thank you

Susan

Hey all, just checking in. I got my 4th fill last week (smooth as buttah). After chatting with Dr. H, we agreed I should be getting waaaaaaaaaaay more daily Protein (enough that it would be nigh impossible for me to get enough through food alone) so it was time to start supplementing. I bought the flavored Syntrax "Nectar" (30-something bucks for a big ol' jar) to mix with Water. It's pretty good (I think the only flavor thay have is strawberry-kiwi, so I might look into ordering other flavors off the internet or something). Just wanted to put in my $.02 in case somebody was thinking of supplemental protein. Merry Christmas and happy holidays everybody!!!

Plain,

I ordered the nectar in Cherry and it's good, but I'm still working on it. I get tired of the same flavors all the time. I've found that the AnyWhey bullet/test tube things with 42g Protein really help. Especially since they are small portions witha big punch and our pouches can't hold a lot. I take 1/2 tub before and 1/2 after a work out...they are ok tasting, kind of like Jello, but have an after taste that I have to chase with Water. I bought mine at Joe smoothie, and you can order case of them too there. I think the docs have these or something similar too on their site. $.02 down.

Perky66, and Aligmamma,

Aligmamma I don't know if you remember me addy, I have been off the site for quite awhile, I just looked at yours and Perky66's weight loss and date of surgery, May 08', Congratulations! Can either of you help me?? I had surgery June 08' and I have only lost 16-25lbs it fluctuates. I am just sick, I don't know what I am doing wrong?? I have had 4 fills and go back Jan 5th. I still don't really feel like I have any restriction, but I am cutting way back and "trying" (because of my back) to exercise. I hope to start back with the meetings in Jan. had classes all last semester. Can either of you give me some pointers?

Thanks

addy

p.s clothes loser, just no more weight loss :Yawn:

Yes, Addy! I remember you! I'm so sorry you're having trouble. I don't know if I can help you or not but I'll definately try. I have started going to the meetings myself and i'm for sure going to this month's. If you go maybe we can find each other! I went through a spell myself of not losing weight but losing inches. That seemed like a rough patch because I kept looking at the scale. It eventually evened out and I started losing. The main thing that i stuck to was measuring my food and not going over 3/4 cup of food. My restriction has been great from the beginning and i only had 2 small fills....until my port flipped. I went about a month needing a fill before I had my revision surgery but even at that I still was losing. I sometimes think It just depends on your body. I have eaten more over the holidays than i have since surgery and I've still lost about 7 pounds. I can't understand how it works differently for different people. I know I don't do everything right but for the most part I stick to the right serving size. I also work out. I try to do 5 days a week...mwf is weight training and t-th. is treadmill. Haven't worked out since my port revision because i'm petrified of flipping my port again! But anyway i'm starting my workouts again tomorrow!

Are you eating the right portion sizes?

Are you drinking Water?

How about Protein?

Just a few thoughts...

Thanks Aligmamma, I have already marked my calendar for the 12th, that's it right? I don't exercise as much as I had, because of school, lots of computer classes kept me in a chair, and the whole back thing. I have "made" myself start riding my exercise bike, and when I lose my legs, I just go lie down. I am determined 2009 is my year for weight loss :Yawn:

thanks

addy

With the new year comes new resolutions. Betty, Dr. Keilin, and I have worked very hard in the past month or so to come up with a plan for our new blog. We have the initial version up and running and encourage you to visit it. Our pledge this year to our patients and LapBand community is to provide regular tips and updates to help you with your journey to successful health. Please take a moment to take a look at it.

This is the initial version and it may change in the future. The way it is set up now is that we have two featured posts that stay on the top of the front-page followed by four posts listed by date of entry. To view prior posts you can click on the category button on the top menu bar, or you can click on either the calendar or monthly archive button on the sidebar on the right. Questions and comments can be left on each blog post and we highly encourage you to do so. I have already received several spam comments in Russian from spam programs that prowl the Internet so we have instituted the following measures: Firstly, to read a comment you'll put in your name (which can be a fake name or your real name which ever you prefer) and an e-mail address to make it harder for the spam programs to fill out the form. Secondly we will moderate all comments which mean they need to be approved before they are posted to the blog so again we can insure that the comments aren't spam comments generated by some Spam program. Thirdly we will probably lock the post for comments after a couple of weeks. Since we will be posting a blog post nearly every day we won't be able to go back and look at all of them.

In the near future we anticipate the following changes: Somewhere we want to have an open posting area so people can post general questions or topics of interest for everybody to see. We highly encourage guest bloggers which means that anyone who has anything interesting or inspirational to share with others we would love for you to officialy post it on our blog. We are trying to set up the blog to tie-in with e-mail alerts so that any time there is a new entry on the blog it will e-mail you. This of course is only with each user's specific permission. You'll have a chance either accept or decline this email option, we will not send you spam e-mail you don't want.

We highly encourage you to actively participate in the blog and want to also encourage you to have your friends and families participate by reading the blog and commenting upon it. The more people we have participating and supporting each other the better we will all do.

You can get to the blog directly it typing "blog.noscales.com" or by going to it from the home page of Lap Band Surgery Texarkana- Serving Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana .

Happy New Year!

I just checked my emails and found out that the support meeting is tonight. I was in MP at the wellness center this evening. I guess I'll have to make it next month. Did anyone go? Please update me.

I just got home and checked my email. I didn't know about the meeting until 10:00 pm., so I missed the meeting. If you went, please let me know the updates. I was hoping the meetings would be the second Monday of the month like it used to be. I will probably not be able to attend until the summer, because I have already made commitments on the first Monday of each month.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Daisy0458

I just got home and checked my email. I didn't know about the meeting until 10:00 pm., so I missed the meeting. If you went, please let me know the updates. I was hoping the meetings would be the second Monday of the month like it used to be. I will probably not be able to attend until the summer, because I have already made commitments on the first Monday of each month.

Happy New Year!

Are ya'll talking about the MP meeting? The Texarkana meeting is the 12th the second Monday.

addy

Are ya'll talking about the MP meeting? The Texarkana meeting is the 12th the second Monday.

addy

Yes Addy, Daisy and I live near MP. MP is closer for us to get to than Texarkana, although we did come to a few to Texarkana, then gas got too high and jobs became a bit demanding. Since we missed the MP mtg and no one has responded, maybe someone from the Texarkana mtg can give us a update here. Thanks in advance.