Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Originally Posted by Sugarbear

I will be going to PS next week. Does anyone know if the NP has gotten any better with fills?

both the fills i had was done by Sandra. she did real good both times. (not sure if there are others that do it)

Have they added some new people there, I only remember Tammy, Deb, and Betty. Deb was Keilins nurse, Tammy was Hekiers. This nurse practitioner thing is new to me, but I haven't been in quite a while now. I am sure they had more patients than two nurses could keep up with. Let us know how your fill works out for you.

Tammy has tried twice (separate occasions) and never was able to do mine. I had to wait for Dr. H. I've never heard of or seen anyone named Sandra.

Nah, Hippmom. We were talking about the support group mtg that's starting again in MP the first of the yr. Did you get a email from Jamie about it?

How's the exercising going? I think I have burned myself out. Then I was out for a week because we had a revival at church and now I want to go home and not exercise. When you talk to Lisa, tell her about the mtg starting in January. She may have gotten a email, but just in case she didn't.

Yep, Lou, it was nice chatting with you:smile:.

Hey all, I have posted before- and just wanted to give the update... I was banded on Oct. 24th-no gas- no pain almost at all (my episiotomies were wayyyyyy worse!) and now I have been banded for 15 days. I have lost approx. 26-27 lbs. since Oct. 12th, so- I feel great! I am so happy that I have had this surgery... here's the question:

any good mushie ideas. I know that there is a thread for some, but I was wondering if you guys had any more... :blink:

Had surgery 11/5 but was wondering if there was a lap band support group in the Texarkana area. If so when and where?

Been pretty good with post op recovery, the normal gas pains and can't burp.

Has anyone found a solution to getting your protien without the nasty tasting powder?

Hang in there- we're on the right path now.:(

support group meeting the 2nd monday of the month...there is a meeting tomorrow (monday) at wadley...the same room as the seminar.

my new favorite "mushie" is baked butternut squash with butter and a little cinnamon with splenda....it is soooo good!

Hey everyone ! I am getting restriction back and loving it ! The scale is slowly moving back down again. I went up so trying to catch back "down" to where I was for a long time. Still working on the "cant eat that much" and the first bite syndrome, I guess I do have that too. We need some more positive replies on here. Good luck next week with your band !!

Good Morning Friends!!

There is a LB Meeting in Nashville,Ar. tonight at 7. I'm going to try to make it.

I finally have restriction! Seldom ever hungry, but still want to eat all the time. Fortunately, I'm not able to do so. My clothes are really getting loose. It took me over an hour to eat half a sandwich with shaved meat on it! There was very little bread on it. The "JOY" of eating just isn't there anymore,,,,there's definitely a psychological twist involved with LB that I don't think I was ready for. Still, I have no regrets. I am feeling a lot more energetic and people are noticing the wt. loss now.:rolleyes:

Had a fill from NP yessterday and have a hugr bruise this morning. No problems other than bleeding more than usual after the fill and a very sore bruise over my port.

Well, after much confusion over scheduling and who was actually doing the surgery i have a date for my flipped port surgery.....this tuesday the 25th at 8:00 am....i'll keep everyone posted...please pray for me! I'm a little nervous about it!

Hi all,,,,,I had my second fill 11-19-08 by NP, she did great, I was a little nervous with her doing it, but no problems and she was really nice, and friendly. This fill I can actually feel restriction. Im hoping my weight will start coming off faster now. Before I felt like I could eat anything, and not get full. I really didnt fell like I had a band. I hope my band will start working for me now. Just in time for the Holidays. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving ! :cursing:

Well, today is the day to fix my port. After much confusion we have a definate. Dr. Keilin is doing it in the office. I have to be there at 8:00 this morning. Debbie said they will not put me to sleep just give me valium and i guess numb the area. So say a little prayer for me today... i'm a little nervous but so glad to get it done so I can get a fill!!!!! i'll post later when the drugs wear off!!!