Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello all. Glad to see everyone is doing well for the most part. Lisa said her computer is so slow since she moved to the new house, she hardly gets on. I miss her too. I will be going to PS next week. Does anyone know if the NP has gotten any better with fills? I have lost a pound or two but just seem to be at a plateau. Just need to make better food choices. I still struggle with that. Will be going on vacation the 8th. Hope I don't blow everything then. So far I haven't put a pound back on but I am sure a member of the slow losers club.

Oh, I wanted to mention something about your Vitamin D level. At the Lap Band Conference it was mentioned to have that checked. I believe they were mostly referring to patients who had been banded a while. Well I went for a physical a couple of weeks ago and told my doc to check that with my other blood test. Got the results and he told me I was extremely low. So now I am taking Vitamin D3. So the next time ya'll get blood drawn, might be a good idea to get that checked.

Gotta go. As Lisa would say, "STAY IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just wanted to share that, i finally got below the 200 mark :teeth_smile:

i know it sounds silly but it sure felt good to get on the scale this morning and see the 100's instead of the 200's. i had to share with someone i could tell :)

Have a great day everyone!

:thumbup:Malteselover..SILLY!!!? NOT SO!! CONGRATS!!:teeth_smile:

There are plenty of us that would love to be in onederland, including me. I'm working on it, so slow...but sure. Just keep up the good work and you will be where you want to be all in good time. When we hear about those milestones it encourages the rest of us to try harder. As always everybody...STAY IN THE BOX!

Not silly at all, Malteslover. I'm really happy for you.

I completely understand because when I finally hit the one's, I told everyone, even my skinny friends, of course they didn't quite understand why ALL the excitement, but my band friends did. It felt like it took forever to get there, but I did. So feel free to post it here, we are here for support as well to support.

Sugarbear, I pledge to stay in the box.:)

malti

good for you!!! i keep playing 3-4 lbs somedays i am at 197 and somedays it is 200 i just wish it would stay below 200!!! but that is truly a big event in a banster life!!!

Hello all. Glad to see everyone is doing well for the most part. Lisa said her computer is so slow since she moved to the new house, she hardly gets on. I miss her too. I will be going to PS next week. Does anyone know if the NP has gotten any better with fills? I have lost a pound or two but just seem to be at a plateau. Just need to make better food choices. I still struggle with that. Will be going on vacation the 8th. Hope I don't blow everything then. So far I haven't put a pound back on but I am sure a member of the slow losers club.

Oh, I wanted to mention something about your Vitamin D level. At the Lap Band Conference it was mentioned to have that checked. I believe they were mostly referring to patients who had been banded a while. Well I went for a physical a couple of weeks ago and told my doc to check that with my other blood test. Got the results and he told me I was extremely low. So now I am taking vitamin D3. So the next time ya'll get blood drawn, might be a good idea to get that checked.

Gotta go. As Lisa would say, "STAY IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does D-3 do? I know I am low on B-12 and having fits with my B-12 being very low, bad memory, tired and have lots of hurting feet.

Vitamin D3 is essential in maintaining healthy bones and also aids in maintaining a healthy immune system. When you are tested they test your viamin D level. If you need a supplement it is called D3. My doctor said about 800 iu a day but all I could find was 1,000 iu. Don't exceed that per day., Of course when you are checked, ask your drs advice. Some may need it but then again some may not. I ask for him to check mine, since I was getting a physical and they were checking colestrol, ect. anyway. Glad I did. Don't take any if you don't need it.

Hope this helps.

Vitamin D3 is essential in maintaining healthy bones and also aids in maintaining a healthy immune system. When you are tested they test your viamin D level. If you need a supplement it is called D3. My doctor said about 800 iu a day but all I could find was 1,000 iu. Don't exceed that per day., Of course when you are checked, ask your drs advice. Some may need it but then again some may not. I ask for him to check mine, since I was getting a physical and they were checking colestrol, ect. anyway. Glad I did. Don't take any if you don't need it.

Hope this helps.

While looking at my blood work I was tested for B-12 and was low at 308, they did sodium, potassium,chloride, carbon dioxide, Calcium, protien, albumin, globulin,albumin,bilirubin,alkaline , ast and alt but no D-3 test, I go back Tuesday for another set to see if the B-12 I am taking is doing any good so I will ask for the D-3 test to be done.

I am having a lot of trouble with my foot hurting, it feels like its in the bones but Dr. did a x-ray and said it was ok there.After I have been sitting or sleeping and stand it hurts so bad I have to hold to walk a few minutes before I can stand it.Its hurting on the top of my foot and below my ankle on the outside of my foot feels like its holding lots of fluid.This really makes it hard to exercise but I do make myself do 30 minutes

Arkie, when you go back, just ask them to test your Vitamin D level. The D3 is the name of the supplement. Hope all that goes well. I would never thought of it if I hadn't attended that lapband conference. So glad I did. I see they are going to organize another one about April. I would love to go but it is going to be in NY. I would love to go but could never afford it. Plus I don't like to fly. Can't imagine driving into NY. Are you taking B12 shots?

Arkie, when you go back, just ask them to test your Vitamin D level. The D3 is the name of the supplement. Hope all that goes well. I would never thought of it if I hadn't attended that lapband conference. So glad I did. I see they are going to organize another one about April. I would love to go but it is going to be in NY. I would love to go but could never afford it. Plus I don't like to fly. Can't imagine driving into NY. Are you taking B12 shots?

I am just using the pill under the tongue until I go back Tuesday. He wants to see if I am absorbing before he tries something else.

Arki, i don't know how you feel about giving yourself a shot in the hip:tt1:

but that is what i do. i got my Dr to give me the stuff to give myself a shot. it works much better than the under the tongue deal. and it saves me from having to run to the Dr's office for a shot and much cheaper. or maybe you know someone that could give it to you.

Thank you all for the understanding and support!

*hugs

susan

I feel like what we post on here should be honest and forthright and that was my experience.

I agree 1000%. There is no reason to be hateful. That's unprofessional. Dr. H knows better.

i am realizing that i am still responsable for what i put in my mouth. my band won't do that for me

Malteselover, if you have that figured out, you're ahead of the game.

I will be going to PS next week. Does anyone know if the NP has gotten any better with fills?

I've never had a fill from her. However, the last two office visits I went to ended up being 2 hr waits. I think they do great work at PS.....but I think they need a better office manager to budget their time / appointments.

Just to add my two cents worth,,I also had a bad experience with Dr. Hekier, resulting in my not EVER wanting him to see me again, I ask only for Dr. Keilin now, and it seemed ever one in the office seems to tiptoe around him, because they never would bring it to Dr. Keilins attention as we requested be done. My husband was furious, went to the clinic, and was told something would be done to let him know he overstepped his bounds, but nothing ever was said to him or anything else was said to me about it. I really have a wierd feeling about going to support meetings now because I do not want to run in to him, and am really dissapointed in the staff for not standing up for me when they agreed with me that he was very out of line. Oh well, that is my rant for the day. By the way, now that St. Micheals has taken over Wadley , what will that mean for Lapband surgeries , and Wadleys center of excellence status . I think that was some big deal in getting approved for Medicaid payment for lapbands. Also, since Keilin went to St. Micheals, and Hekier stayed at Wadley, how will all of that play out. They are still the only doctors that know anything about lapband patients who may wind up in the E.R. for something. Again, I ramble on.......

Just to add my two cents worth,,I also had a bad experience with Dr. Hekier, resulting in my not EVER wanting him to see me again, I ask only for Dr. Keilin now, and it seemed ever one in the office seems to tiptoe around him, because they never would bring it to Dr. Keilins attention as we requested be done. My husband was furious, went to the clinic, and was told something would be done to let him know he overstepped his bounds, but nothing ever was said to him or anything else was said to me about it. I really have a wierd feeling about going to support meetings now because I do not want to run in to him, and am really dissapointed in the staff for not standing up for me when they agreed with me that he was very out of line. Oh well, that is my rant for the day. By the way, now that St. Micheals has taken over Wadley , what will that mean for Lapband surgeries , and Wadleys center of excellence status . I think that was some big deal in getting approved for Medicaid payment for lapbands. Also, since Keilin went to St. Micheals, and Hekier stayed at Wadley, how will all of that play out. They are still the only doctors that know anything about lapband patients who may wind up in the E.R. for something. Again, I ramble on.......

Since it's a buy-out, all of the areas that Wadley was accredited for that St. Mike's was not (stuff like the bariatric center of excellence, vascular and echo, breast center, etc) will remain accredited. Probably Hekier will continue to do the surgeries at Wadley (whatever it will be called) while Keilin will use the surgery center.....but nothing is set in stone yet.