Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-op sleeve, post-op gallbladder

I'm 7 1/2 months post-op from my sleeve and 6 days post-op from having my gallbladder removed. I had the same surgeon for both. I did not have a pre-op appointment and there has been no mention of a follow-up. Basically I was there for 6 hours, saw the doctor for 30 seconds and they kicked me out while I was still only half-conscious. lol Needless to say, I didn't get much post-op instruction. The paper I have just says no lifting or submerging my incisions for 2 weeks. I'm wondering what kind of restrictions did you have for a post-sleeve gallbladder surgery? Specifically I'm wondering about working out and alcohol.

Also, I know it is not as major of a surgery as VSG but did you suffer from fatigue for a while after? I feel pretty good for the most part but I still don't have much energy. (Surgery was the 4th.) I know I need to take it easy and heal but I'm feeling kinda guilty for being lazy.

I had my gallbladder removed prior to having vsg so I can't comment on any difference it would make to do it afterward. I can say, however, that for me, recovery from the gallbladder surgery was worse than it was for the vsg. I was exhausted for a good two weeks+ after getting my gallbladder out.

I would wait for several weeks before exercise and would stay away from alcohol too. Maybe you could call the surgeons office tomorrow morning and ask for some better instructions. You have the right to be informed. Hope you feel better soon! Once I had my gall bladder out, I felt SOOOO much better.

Yeah, I already feel better. I had my first attack in April but this last month was horrible! I felt sick and worn down. I just wish I could start acting like I feel better. I know I can call my surgeon's office, I'm just not that happy with them right now.

Enigma, why was your gallbladder so rough? Did you have any complications?

I had gallbladder surgery exactly 3 months after vsg. Gallbladder surgery recovery was harder for me also. If i didnt take my pain meds around the clock i felt like i had been sawed in half. I also needed assistance getting in and out of bed.

Then on the 5th day it was like I never even had surgery. My instructions were to eat normal (normal for wls surgery patients, because we already eat pretty good, and avoid high fat). I learned the first time that milk was not my friend (but that only lasted a few weeks).

As far as exercise, he was pretty laid back.

Take it easy the first week (like i had any other choice ;) lol) and to not swim or take a bath until my incisions were closed (that was 2 weeks).

Get plenty of rest!

I had my gallbladder out the begining of January. Recovery was a little more

difficult I think than VSG. Mostly because of the completely unpredictable

digestive issues. I was fatigued markedly for 4 weeks. I'm just starting to

feel more like myself as far as energy goes. Digestive issues are still a bit

unpredictable but I added a better quality digestive enzyme and a bile salt product,

occasionally I'll take a quarter pill of immodium ad. That seems to help. I do feel

more thirsty and occasionally have a sore nagging feeling in the upper right quadrant

of the rib cage. I think it's important to just take it slow and listen to your body. Wishing you a speedy recovery! :)