Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its really happening

Hi Fellow Sleevers,

Have had my date Feb 11 and got my time 630 am. I am surprisingly calm and I am someone who gets nervous at the dentist. Athough l drastic I feel it will be the right thing for me.

I enjoy reading other stories and it has given me a lot of insight and plenty to think about. I have not shared with many people that I am having surgery so I love the support on this forum.

I am nervous about waking up in the recovery room. Is it disorienting?

Thanks

Good Luck! BTW I don't even remember the recovery room... so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I woke up when they were wheeling me into recovery. Honestly I could care less. I put my head down and went back to sleep for a few hours. I remember being moved to my room but didnt care then either. I had surgery Monday and didnt really start to full wake up until Wednesday. I was up and walking Tuesday but slept a lot too.

You will have nothing to worry about. I was terrified of remembering the OR but they drugged me up pretty good. I remember going in, moving to the table, joking with a doctor and waking up on the way to recovery. It was easy peasy. I wish I didn't worry so much before hand.

Thanks so much, appreciate the support!

Hi Fellow Sleevers' date='

Have had my date Feb 11 and got my time 630 am. I am surprisingly calm and I am someone who gets nervous at the dentist. Athough l drastic I feel it will be the right thing for me.

I enjoy reading other stories and it has given me a lot of insight and plenty to think about. I have not shared with many people that I am having surgery so I love the support on this forum.

I am nervous about waking up in the recovery room. Is it disorienting?

Thanks[/quote']

Good luck! I am scheduled for feb 11th too and I am nervous lol we r getting close

I was sleeved Feb 4. I was nervous too. The most discomfort I had after was dry mouth and the catheter. I hate catheters. They offered me pain meds shortly after I woke up and I accepted. They also provided me with morphine under my control. The pain was not bad. That afternoon, I had no trouble walking around the unit. It was easy and almost pain free. The next morning, I began sips of Water and then Protein Drink. I stayed on the anti-nausea patch while in the hospital and have had absolutely no nausea either while in the hospital or after discharge home. I asked that the cath come out first thing Tuesday morning. I was able to void and drink enough to be discharged at 3pm Tuesday. So happy to go home. I met my Fluid and Protein goals today with no trouble. I am more tired than normal and taking some pain meds at bedtime, but feel amazing considering that surgery was only three days ago. Oh, also, I came home weighing 6 pounds more than check in and I had some gas bubbles in strange places. My arms and hands looked like sausages for a couple of days. Woke up this morning and the bloat and extra pounds were gone. Hope my story will help someone having surgery soon.

Thanks for your story, you sound like you are doing great! I didnt know about anti nausea patch so I am glad you shared that.

The way it was explained to me is that phenergan is a bit harsh on veins and can burn going in. The scopolamine patch gives continuous meds with no such problem. They put the dime sized patch behind my ear in pre-op after I told the anesthesiologist that I had had nausea after surgery before.

Thanks, I have a lot of nausea on a good day. It is from the medications I take. I am hoping surgery helps with the meds. I had this stupid idea that less stomach, less nausea, sounds like this is not true. Will have to take it one day at a time. Huge snowstorm expected in Northeast, hoping all goes well.

I hope everything goes well for you.

thank you, i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed