Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Patti, I think mushies and pureed are the same thing...basically anything that can slide down your throat basicall w/out having to be chewed is my impression.

Mypov, I am soooo with you on the problem w/Christmas goodies!! Today in my office there was a HUGE platter of xmas Cookies out and I couldn't have one! My parents are coming down on Friday and my Mom loves food, so there will be tons of it around for the next week...UGH!!!! Although I'm not physically hungry, I definitely want just a bite of a few of the things!

But...we are strong, we can get through this right?? :)

Hey Nathaliein Michigan. Whats up girl I know its bad not taking the pain medicine, but what Iam i to do if it makes me want to call EARL.....LOL I stayed in the hospital so long because when my surgeon scheduled me for a Friday date I gues he didnt know that the hospital wouldnt have a weeked radiologist in...... I was mad as H E L L.... Especially since I couldnt have anything to eat or drink for 22 hours.

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ANYONE, THE liquids ARE DRIVING ME NUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! IF I HAVE TO DRANK broth OR SMELL IT ONE MORE DAY I THINK I'M GOING TO CROAK.....LOL ANY SUGGESTION, SINCE I'M EATING SO MANY FAT FREE POPSICLES AND DRINKING CRYSTAL LIGHT LIKE CRAZY.....

Ladies wanted to check in and let you know I am feeling a lot better

I am in a lot pain still

I too am a stomach sleeper and can not sleep on my back because of my car wreck last yr so I have been very needy lately

I am glad to see kayrn and Sweethot doing good

good luck to all the bandsters for the 19th thru the end

I will be back later when I get back to my old self

thanks for the support through this

oh and p.s I starting crying like crazy when they made my husband leave right before they knocked me out I was a emotional rollcoaster

sorry if stuff is mispelled I can barely see strait still on pain meds well good luck ladies

Thininde- My Dr told me I could start puree on day #2 if I felt up to it. It is the same as mushy. oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese. I stay low fat (mostly) and chew it well even if it is mush! Jill

Just wondered. Do you all check e-mail, see which forum responded to last input and go to that forum, or do you go straight to one forum each time? I feel like I'm jumping from one site to another by responding to e-mail posts. Which is the best site for frequent posts? I enjoy chatting, but the responses are usually slow on some sites. I am so bored (never thought I would say that) sitting on the couch, no interesting tv to watch, and all of my family members are last minute Christmas shopping. Every time I start doing something I stress that I'll hurt myself.

I had a large hernia repaired in addition to band surgery for the 2nd time. Doc also said he saw 7 or more dime-sized hernias in my esophagus. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Something I thought you all might like to try once you get to the mushy stage. Instant hearty baked potato flakes. They are delicious. It's just like eating a baked potato with bacon, cheese, chive flavoring. Just a little different taste from the yogurt, pudding, and Tomato Soup meals. Oh, I have to confess, at the Christmas meal for my family, I mashed up some rum cake and liquified it in my mouth before swallowing two bites. My slip for the day. Rum cake has always been my holiday favorite so Mom sent one over for my guests. I go back to the doc for a check-up tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the scales reveal. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on me about weight yet. I'm very sensitive right now. I too feel like I've lost my best friends (foods). I'm definitely going through withdrawal. Best of luck to all!

Yes pureed and mushies are the same. But if you Water them down enough they become liquids. I was allowed cream of wheat, oatmeal, that kind of stuff but I had to add enough milk to make it thin enough that it could go through a straw.

For a change up.. lets see, I did the sf Jello, sf fudgecicles (my fav), Soup, broth, Protein drinks<--yuk, I've had enough of them for a lifetime, the cereals I mentioned above, I took soup strained it,threw the chunky stuff in the blender, then added the broth so I was able to have all the soup and not just the broth. But no matter how creative you get when you are feeling good and ready to eat none of it looks appealing. The other night I opened 2 cans of soup took a bite and said no, then tried the mac/ch fiasco - took a bite and said no - today I made some homemade potato soup and it hit the spot but don't know what I'll do about supper.

You were all talking about being bloated and not having lost any weight right away. Take a look at my scar stages pics. Day 2 my belly was like a big balloon! by day 8 it had gone way down. I'm down 16 lbs - which includes my pre-op 8 lbs. I can tell it too. I look in the mirror and see it in my face around my cheek bones and jaw and my upper body. I'm wearing a tshirt today that I haven't worn in 6 months because I felt too fat in it.

Ddee - I unsubscribed to the posts because when I'd get on my email there would be 110 updates - and I'd spend 10 minutes deleting them. I pretty much know what threads I've been on so I don't need to be reminded.

Its good to see so many back and doing well - keep up the good work ladies.

In regards to tummy rumbles - I think its the liquids draining down into the big empty stomach. Anyway thats how mine feels. And my hunger doesn't feel like the old hunger I had. I'm never quite sure if I'm hungry because it doesn't rumble like it used to - am I talking in circles? I think that I'm healing on the inside as much as the outside, like the swelling in the band must be down because I'm able to drink more and not staying satisfied as long. I'm hoping when I can start eating mushies that they'll hang around longer and not get washed down. Thats another question I have. When do we stop sipping on Water. My instructions are to eat about a half cup, no fluids 1/2 hour before or after I eat, so does that start with the mushie stage or solid stage? hmmmmm?

Well after changing my date 4 times I am finally ready to go tomorrow. My surgery is scheduled for 12 noon. Please keep your fingers crossed that I'm back home to spend Christmas with my kids.

Wish Me Luck

Hi all,

First off:

Good Luck Carol, you'll do great.:)

Steph C Im with you on the fudgcicles :D

KayDotRN I was at Beth Israel too, who was your surgeon?

I'm 9 days out now, went shoe shopping this morning and that was not a good idea, lots of dropping shoes on the floor and trying to get them on with my foot. (Still too sore to bend over a lot) It was pretty funny, I felt bad because I left a trail of shoes wherever I tried them on, poor salespeople :D But I did buy a killer pair of knee high boots that just dont quite zip all the way yet, but I shall call them my "bootspirations":scared:

Ok, can we talk about a couple things:

WT LOSS? Or lack thereof. I am nine days out. NINE DAYS of eating less than 1000 calories of liquids a day, and I am only down 4 Lbs, this is after gaining five after surgery. It's so frustrating. I am with you all who are stalling! I know it will come off eventually, it's just such a pain. :)

CONSTIPATION: Could this be the source of my dreaded stalling wt loss? Sorry if it's too much info, but have you guys had any trouble with this. I've been taking milk of magnesia, but I just am completely unable to get "regular". I'm starting to fantasize about a good trip to the bathroom and subsequent scale drop instead of christmas Cookies = LOL the life of a bandster!!!! :)

VARIATIONS IN DIET PROGRESSION: I'm sure all of us are having a hard time being sentenced to liquids for such a long time, especially at the holiday season. BUT, what makes it even harder is hearing that person A's surgeon says they can have mushies in one week, person B can have them in three weeks. Person C can have regular food in three weeks, while person D cant have them for eight weeks. Don't you guys think that makes it even harder. I'm all for following my surgeons recommendations to a T, but sometimes when the solid food is calling:hungry: , it's easy to just think, well - why not, so and so was allowed to have that at two weeks out, why can't I. It's the same band. Dangerous stuff, had to out my inner demons there. How are you guys dealing with it? I think the surgeons should all get together and make up their minds!!!!

So hope all is well with everyone, survive the holiday parties.

Don't forget fat free/low fat egg nog! :clap2:

hi how are you all. i had my band done on the 18th of december yeah i went through with it. i dont feel too bad. how does everyone else feel after it done

godd luck to everone

Checking In. I'm at my Dad's, so I'll keep this brief - I'll give a full post when I get home.

Eva - hush up and drink your liquids. you want your stomach to heal properly, don't you? Sacrifice the food now for a long term success. (Sorry to be so direct.) I feel the same way, but I know what everything tastes like. Right now I want to drop weight, so I'm not complaining about the liquids at all. Anything that you can drink is fair game. Get Protein shakes, get different kinds of Soup, juices, and be creative. Watch your carbs and sugars, and get as much Protein as you can.

sweet -glad you made it to the recital.

StephC - it's definitely a kink. I haven't had any problems with gas at all. I woke up sleeping in a weird position with the wrong pillow. I'm feeling better now.

beversman - HA! I fully embrace my lunacy. No worries.

I called the surgeon's office because I was worried that I wasn't getting enough in, and the nurse said I was doing fine. She is concerned that I haven't had the poopies since last Thursday, and told me to get Milk of Magnesia. She said if I haven't had the poopies by Friday to call back and they will give me some stronger stuff. She told me to try the liquid stuff in the 7-Up bottle, but no way. I'll go and get a colonic before I take that human drano. I hope the MOM helps. I took 4 Tbsp. The nurse also said that my failure to make the poopies is why I can't get all my stuff down.

Welcome new members! I hope you like it here.

The warm liquids are helping me drink more. I am refusing to step on the scale again until 1/2, at my follow up appt. The Fluid retention, not to mention my cycle starting today, has my weight all confused. We took Christmas pictures today and I looked like a hot buttered yeast roll.

Not much else to report. I'll write again when I get home.

Nat

cathy I am starting to feel alot better now we had surgery on the same day good luck

steph oh I did not realize we could have fudgesicles on thin liquids

beversman good luck with surgery

anyone have any ideas of some good thin liquids

Is anyone hunger yet that has had the surgery lately

I am not very hungry my stomach will growl but I think it is gas I have lost about 3 lbs in two days I am so excited.

natalie good luck I have already went and done #2 twice really Water like may be too much info but like I said in my earlier post I am loopy