Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

thanks so much for the kind words everyone! Wednesday i go to get the staples removed and maybe by then I will have less pain.

I don't think the incisions are hot, but i'm still very swollen. They are still bandaged. i'm allowed to take a real shower today, so i'm going to take one then I'm going to replace the bandages. i'll see then. I hate hate looking at my tummy, so i don't even have full length mirrors. So i'm scared to look, but i'll do it. They are very itchy, so that's a good sign, right?

Last night i slept!! not the greatest, but more than i have since surgery. I feel a lot better today. the scales have moved again. I will change my ticker. So good things are happening.

Now I don't want to move on to mushies, in fear of not losing so fast. I love watching the scales go down.

((sweethot))) I am glad you are feeling better. I am starting to sleep a little better now too. I think I am averaging about 6 hours straight which is a lot better than it has been.

Beversman-it is quieter. Boy do I miss Nat. Nat if you are out there, please just say a quick hi to let us now all is well with you. Apparently I have no life because I am still managing to get on here a fwe times a day. I think it is because I am not baking this year for the holidays or cooking ANYTHING. That is a first since I am a big food maker. I just can't do it this year and I am finding myself bored and with zero stress this holiday. Strange.

((ddee)) I am sad to read of your emergency surgery. It frightens me whenI hear of complications even though I was made well aware of their possibility before my surgery. I wish you much success with your new band. How long did you have the old one? did you consider not getting a new band at all?

VaBandster-I am glad you are doing well with the family around. It isn't easy but we can get through this week.

Butterfly-good luck on Friday. You must be getting so excited. You will be fine!

Last night I went to exchange gift at some of my family's house. It was informal and nice. My aunt served dinner..just snack type foods but there was so much delicious looking stuff. Not the fancy things, more like chicken wings and cheesy appetizers, boatloads of baked goods. I just sipped tea because of my "sore throat" (the excuse I am using for not eating). It was tough and I was feeling a little bad for myself. We came home after a couple of hours and I was starved so I had some Soup. I was relaying to my husband about feeling a little sad about not getting to eat all of that delicious smelling food. Things I would have devoured until I was stuffed pre-surgery. He just turned to me and said "it's just like drinking". he had given up drinking about 6 years ago. I kind of felt like a dope. Here is this guy who quit something that he enjoyed because he drove me crazy when he did it-he wasn't mean or belligerent. He functioned daily, but when he drank he got sloppy and annoying. He is so much funnier now that he stopped and no longer tells me the same stories over and over-hehe. I know it was a huge hurdle for him and he has been sober for 6 years. I guess it put things into a perspective for me. I too have to give up my addiction. I can still eat, but I can no longer just stuff myself with all the things in front of my face. He beat his addiction without the help of a tool like I have. I admire him for it even more.

When I woke up this morning, the longing for those foods was over. Yeah, I didn't get to eat all that stuff I saw last night and desperately wanted despite not being hungry-but so what. It is only food. It will be there whenI can eat and have a little bit...I don't want it to have power over me anymore.

sorry to carry on...I just felt the need to share.

Hey everyone,

I'm up early this morning. So, last night I slept on my bed instead of the recliner. I thought i was up to it. I tried to roll over in my sleep to my side and I woke up in excruciating pain. It felt like I tore a muscle in or something. It hurt even to take a deep breath. I woke up hubby and he got me some lortab. I had been just taking tylenol. Well, the lortab has now made the pain a dull ache. I don't know what I hurt or if I did some major damage. I'm thinking positively that probably I just pulled the muscle or something. It feels like its right under the incision that is furthest left on my midsection- which is not the port area or where the band would be located. Anyhoo- other than that I've been feeling a lot better. In fact, I was FINALLY able to drink a couple of normal sized sips of cold Water with no problems. No more baby sips on the Water thankfully. Oh, and I'm NOT hungry Woooohoooo!!!

How's everyone else?

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

Ddee - did you go to Mx for your second band? Same doc? Did insurance cover it the 2nd time or did you have to self pay twice? I find it sooooooooooo encouraging to hear that you would go through it twice! I knew it before but it never really sank in until just now. For all those pre-bandees who are having second thoughts it would be good to know that even when something goes wrong you still would rather be banded.

Kay - hon I know about the food addiction feelings - but then when I button an shirt that had been tight before and it fits good its like ... oh yeah its worth it. I may be having the wrong idea here but after my fill I plan on eating hot wings and stuff like that, food I love but I'm thinking instead of eating a doz wings I'll eat 2 or 3 - ya know? Maybe its wishfull thinking but thats what I'm hoping. :clap2: <--- thats for hubby! 6 years of no drinking = yeehaw

B-man - I know where is everyone?

Nat?.. Nat?...Nat where are you? Nat we miss you...Nat? Come back!

Sweethot - I've been worried about you. You'll feel so much better after a shower! Something about it just perks you right up!

Have a good day all - I am having about 20 people over this afternoon for a ton a food - I have my mushies planned. My favorite day of the year - family, fun , games, football....

guys I am dreading dinner at the in laws they know I am banded but I still am going to hate going there sweethot glad to hear u are feeling better

kay u too

beversman are u still losing weight so fast

oh guys I have to tell u I have been a member of a gym in town for about one yr and go pretty reg. and now they are having a biggest loser contest in which u can win 2500

I know I could probably win and my personal trainer wants me in what do u guys think

Hi Everyone. Sorry to hear that some of you are still having a lot of pain. I have been very fortunate, I haven't had pain, though by the end of the day turning over on bed does require some strategy for me. I am having about 14 people for dinner tonight. Should be fun.

I have come down with a really bad cold. Probably because I was not getting enough nutrients. I bought some expensive and disgusting chewable Vitamins, and have been focusing on protien last night and today. I am moving to full fliuds today, even though I am supposed to wait till tomorrow. I am just too weak.

Hope you all are OK throughout the holiday season. My plan for combatting the blues it to think about how good I am going to look and feel next Christmas. Just imagine the awesome clothes we will buy for next years parties.....hang in there. It will be sooooo worth it!

Happy Holidays!

Hi all,

Merry (early) Christmas!

I'm checking into the hospital the day after Christmas, so I'm getting ready for my banding!!!! They are keeping me 5 days, so I'll post once I get home.

I've been trying to see what I should expect after surgery...there's a lot of different stories. But one thing is sure...it looks like I need to stock up on Gas-X. :girl_hug:

Best of luck to all the December Bandsters!

For the most part it sounds like everyone is doing really well. That makes me a little more at ease about the whole operation. I was told by the doctor and nurses that it's really important to take something for the pain beause it'll help with the healing process. They will have me on the self-monitoring drip with pain meds in the hospital and then other meds at home. On a scale of 1-10, I was told to keep the pain at a 4 or below because the higher it climbs, the longer it takes to come back down. Personally- I'd like it to be at the discomfort level, not pain. But we'll see. Today I am going to try to be dilligent about liquids only. Yesterday I had beef jerkey (sodium!) and the scale didn't move. I want to loose another two pounds by my surgery date. (27th).

Peace all! Glad to be reading everyone's posts here.

BK- That sounds great to do the biggest loser at your gym, especially if you could win the 2500, why not? Do you like going to the gym better now that you are banded? I am starting to go again next week and feel different, does that make sense? Anyway, you should go for the contest, what a great motivator.

BK- the contest sounds awsome, you should do it! YOu could buy a bunch of new clothes with the$$. If it were me I would be sure to tell them that you are banded though. You don't want that good old friend Karma hanging out with your band!

mpov- I did the exact same thing! NO bed for me until the tummy pain is gone. I am on the couch now or recliner, I switch back and forth all night. I'm still sore from my bad bed experience.

Steph and Kay, thanks for thinking of me!! It's much appreciated.

Tonight we saw Happy feet with the kids, so I'm feeling more myself again. I'm still completely pale with no color in my face, and energy drained, but feeling better.

I changed my bandages, saw the staples, and oh my goodness the port incision is giant! about 5inches. I have 7 staples in that one, the rest are tiny with only 2 staples each. None are red, the skin looks good, so i don't think there is an infection, i hurt more on the inside than outside I think. Like i did a million situps or something.

we had friends over tonight and we all were laughing so hard, now i'm sore. lol. I love to laugh.

Merry Christmas December Bandsters, I'm am so excited to track our progresss this year.

Kay- I'm also feeling a little sad about not eating this year. I baked Cookies today with my 4 year old little girl for santa, everyone had a hot cookie except me. I so wanted one. Oh well, size 8 here I come!!!!

thininde I haven't started back to the gym yet still in a little pain and sore

has anyone that was banded on 12-18 started mushies aka baby foor pureed yet

I am soppose to start mine tuesday but today I tried some soft eggs and worked fine ate real slow let me know where u guys are at

sweethot I am happy u are doing better my kids love happy feet

oh and I will tell my gym people I am banded I hope they still let me do the contest

Dreikalina I had my surgery on the 4th and I don't go back till the 9th and I am not getting as full as I was. I have had to slow down a lot because I was not chewing as well as I should and a couple of times I made my self sick. I have lost weight but I think I am slowing down. I am going back to the gym after christmas so maybe I can jump start some more weight off.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas. Love to all!