Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hi everone. Seems like it has been a tough week on the 'food front-lines'. I had a really hard night last night too. I won the fight but I still ate more than I should have. I was supposed to go out with a group of girls to Japense Village, but I declined because it my favorite restaurant and it would have been torture. It is not the kind of place you can order a salad. So around 7pm, me and hubby were trying to think of something to do and I started crying...'I never get to do anything fun...I never get to eat...I want Japenese Village...etc'. I am pretty sure I heard him lauugh but he handled it pretty well. We went to the movie store and then to the grocery store to but some post op food. I ended up eating a lean cuisine, a 1/2 can of LF mushroom Soup, and a SF apple sauce. Now that I right that down, it isn't as much as I imagined in my head. Yesterday has been my worst day so far.

My hubby says it's just another week and I can do anything for just one week out of my life. He has been dieting with me which is great as he has about 75 pounds to lose. Anyways...I made it, and today is a new day for all of us.

Good luck StephC...you really deserve this.

Glad you are well Carol and thininde. You are inspiring and reassuring in my decision. xoxox.

Nathalie - don't beat yourself up about a couple nuggets, you've done GREAT so far - I'm very proud of you and thats coming from a stress eater too.

Carol and Patty - just a couple days and I'll be talking post-op with you. I'm suprised you are on solids already Carol, my dr says liquids 2-3 weeks and then mushies. But if your body is tolerating it must be ok. I can't imagine having to think to eat.

Donna - its exciting isn't it! I had another sleepless night - I finally got up and took 1/2 a sleeping pill and turned on the tv, I slept until 8:30! It felt good! But until then I was so restless I felt like I had drank a pot of coffee.

I'm going to church this morning. Talk to you all later!

Hey gals!

bandiva - I was emotional, too. I don't know if it's my body's reaction to the change of intake, hormones surging or what, but I had one of those days, girl! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. You're doing great!

StephC: OMG 1 day! TOMORROW! How can you stand it? We should be in church today, too. Praying for strength and hope, but I'm a heathen this morning, and instead of church I'm going to repent on my elliptical. I have sinned against you, pre-op diet! (ha!) scale didn't move at all, so no real damage was done. Lesson learned. I've been pooping all morning though.

thininde and carol - do you ever move and feel the port? Have you "twisted" your torso and felt it in your side? That's what I'm most concerned about. I don't have a treadmill, I have a big ole elliptical machine. The arms don't move. I wonder if I can hop on it right after surgery or if I'll have to wait a few weeks. It will totally suck if I have to get outside and walk. It was 8 degrees on Friday. EIGHT. :xena_banana:

OfferRocker - YOU GO GIRL! How have you done on your liquids? Awesome, I'm sure. One more day! I'm so jealous, but I'm only 3 days behind you guys. Be sure to check in when you're done.

beversman - where are ya girlie? I was all disappointed cuz you'd heard of the cauliflower mashies. LOL I thought I was posting something new. I'm glad it wasn't an entire sham. Can't wait to fix it. I'm going to whip some up today and stick it in the freezer in those Glad 1/2c. plastic containers.

KayDotRn - how's your Sunday going? Hanging in there, girlfriend?

mystique - have you gotten any rest yet? I am having bizarre dreams. last night I dreamed I was with Jay Manuel from ANTM. I also dreamed that 2 people were coming after me. I was glad I woke up from that one. I hope you get some sleep.

Anyhow, I'm about to mount the beast. I've got 60 minutes of penance ahead of me. LOL

TTYL!

Hey gals!

thininde and carol - do you ever move and feel the port? Have you "twisted" your torso and felt it in your side? That's what I'm most concerned about. I don't have a treadmill, I have a big ole elliptical machine. The arms don't move. I wonder if I can hop on it right after surgery or if I'll have to wait a few weeks. It will totally suck if I have to get outside and walk. It was 8 degrees on Friday. EIGHT. :xena_banana:

KayDotRn - how's your Sunday going? Hanging in there, girlfriend?

OMG..I was thinking that I was insane and someone had taken over my body but I am having a total fear of not being able to exercise like I do now after the surgery. It is too dang cold to walk outside and right now I am doing a pretty strenuous routine at the gym. I have been diligent over 8 weeks now and I don't want to stop for fear that I will never get the momentum going again. My goal is to be at the gym asap after surgery and at least walking on the treadmill (which I hate). How long do youthink it will be before I can get back on my beloved elliptical? I know I need to ask my surgeon. I really never thought I would EVER fear giving up my exercise. hahahahahahaha.

My Sunday is good so far. I went out to a gorgeous restaurant last night and had what I deem to be as my last supper. I ny no means overdid it but I know it will be a long time before I ever enjoy anything as gloriously yummy as I did last night. I actually halved my meal and took the other half home, but slowly savored every bite. I will not kill you with the details but it was a pretty hilltop tavern that overlooked the city skyline-one of those "reduction sauce, demi-glace, gratin etc" type of places. I was there with my Dad, his spouse, and my dh and kids. I was deeply saddened to see him stuggle with getting up my stairs and stuffing himself into his chair..he has become so much heavier. He is so handsome and well put together but he is just putting so much on his body. Sadly, I cannot share what I am doing with him because of his total disdain for anything medically related..I just hope he finds some way to get in better shape. He is definitely destined for a future knee and hip replacement at this rate. I just know how I have felt and I imagine how he must feel. Maybe someday I can tell him. I just don't know.

On a lighter note-I am off to a fun filled day of Bracelet making with my mom. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Steph-if I don't get to talk to you, have a quick and easy surgery. Get back here as soon as you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers! I'll miss you til you're back.

Later!

I am on my own nerves. Seriously, truly, entirely, completely on my own effing nerves. I can't stop obsessing about "how skinny I will be on ____." I have charts, graphs, estimates, tables, milestones, trips planned, weight loss rewards and a bunch of other things that are driving me batshit. I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop planning and hoping and dreaming. I can't stop imagining how I'll feel and how I'll act and what I'll look like from behind when I'm a certain size/weight. My latest calculation is "what size will I be when I weigh ________." I'm all "do I have enough clothes to get me through size ___?" And "When I do ___ what size will I be?" I'm sick of thinking about my size and weight. I'm making myself anxious and frustrated. I am so busy thinking about the future that I am screwing up my present.

I'm not sure why I feel anxious in my stomach, as if I have done something wrong, but I do. You know how you get that tight/nauseated feeling in your guts when you're in trouble? Maybe you don't, but I've got it. My. son. is on. my. nerves. He's 17 months and into everything. It's like a new play area since I rearranged furniture yesterday and he is running around touching everything. I want to glue his butt to the chair. (laugh) He just went down for a nap, so that's helping.

I'm totally nesting, like ... who was it? StephC? I'm cleaning my house from top to bottom, about to take clothes to the wash-n-fold. I'm debating whether I should let them do my big drawz or if I should do them myself (as if I don't have enough to do!). I'm tired and hyper at the same time.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?! Maybe I need to get back on my elliptical again for another 45 minutes. Certainly can't hurt anything, and it will burn more calories.

Sorry for the crazy post, but I had to get it out... LOL WHEW!

Nathalie

I was on the other thread. Are we all just going to start posting here? It would be much easier!

Here is what I wrote yesterday:

Steph, Yes ALL liquids... for two weeks -- WOW, not easy....:faint:

BUT it is day two and I am a trooper so far... only 12 more to go!

I just stopped typing to go weigh myself... just for kicks... OMG

I've lost 7 lbs!! :omg:

Sure it was probably Water, but that is 7 lbs since Tuesday!! YEAH!!!

I've already had 50+ ounces of Water today... so i know im not dehydrated. Kick Ass!

------------------------

Nat - The Califlower potatoes are pretty awesome if your not allowed "white" carbs. They are definitely NOT real potatos... no matter how much you try to spice them up like it. BUT they are pretty darn good. I liked them alot. I did the Atkins diet last year and lost about 50 lbs. I used to eat them all the time with some type of meat... it made my brain happier... like I was still getting some potatos...

hehe... "Might Warrior":fencing: :boxing: :xena_banana:

-------------------------

Off to eat some more soup!!

P.S. Ive lost 2 more pounds since yesterday... how the heck does THAT work. That's 9 lbs. BYE BYE WATER!

Hey Natalie,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember how much courage it has taken to get to this point. It takes a lot of courage to go through what we are going to go through. After all, we're trying to re-adjust to a new lifestyle, and that's not an easy task. My doctor only requires two days of a liquid diet however I have been on a low-carb diet for two months now. So I'm on my second day of liquids with surgery tomorrow. I can't wait to not be hungry.

Carol--- I'm so glad to hear that you're glad to have been banded. It only re-enforces that I've made the right choice.

Patty---I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well. I can't imagine not remembering to eat. Lately, I've had to remember not to eat and only drink my liquids.

Bandiva----hang in there. I know how you're feeling. Good luck with your surgery. Soon we'll be exchanging smoothie and mushie recipes! Take care of yourself.

I'm not sure why I feel anxious in my stomach, as if I have done something wrong, but I do. You know how you get that tight/nauseated feeling in your guts when you're in trouble? Maybe you don't, but I've got it. Nathalie

Sweetie I know exactly how you are feeling! Thats how I've been waking up in the night. And then as I'm laying there I feel as if I've drank a pot of coffee - all jumpy and weird. I am taking a half of a sleeping pill tonight or I'll never sleep.

Beversman - its crazy having the 2 different posts - lets just use this one from now on because I miss you when you're gone.

Donna - tomorrow woohoo! can you believe it!?

Kay sounds like you had a nice evening with family.

If I don't get on before the surgery I'll talk to you all on Tuesday and let you know whats up. Love ya all!

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you Decemeber Bandsters. One of my best friends in the whole world is getting this done on the 20th, and hearing her struggle with the post-op diet takes me back to Feb. when I was in her shoes. I know how hard the first couple of months can be and want all of you to know if you need support I am here. Write me if you would like! Good luck, and take it easy you will do fine!!!!

Hi December Bandsters!

My surgery date is set for the 28th of December & I am just SO excited!!!

This is the BEST Christmas present I could EVER give myself.

Good luck & keep us posted on how you're all doing!

Steph, I'm so excited for you girl. Make sure to get back on here as soon as you can to let us know your ok. :-)

Good luck to everyone with a "big day" tomorrow. Don't be away long! :-)

I ordered Lap Band for Life by Dr. Ariel Ortiz (Still waiting for it, should come in a couple of days) and also a book called "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery". I am going to go over it and posting recipes!:hungry:

I contacted Dr. Ortiz office and they said they only use the mini, low profile port. Is that what everyone else has too?

I started my pre op diet today. I feel good. I took a Green Tea pill to curb my appetite in advance. I don't have a scale, I need to go buy one. I think I gained some weight since Thanksgiving.

Does anyone else use and Elyptical Trainer? I have one, a dance exercise video and a gym membership. I have not used either for a month. I was exercising 4 times a week then my kids went on vacation and we got sick. It is hard to get back on.

Lord willing, I will be driving to Mexico this time next Sunday!!!!!!!!:peace:

How is everyone else doing today??????? Audree

beversman,

You are not taking the easy way out. I am sorry your family is reacting the way they are. This route will not be easy, but it will work. That is the main thing. IT WILL WORK. Hopefully they will lay off when they see the results. When I told my dad and stepmom (right before I had the surgery), I flat out told them that I needed their support. I didn't give them a chance to nock my decision. I thought they would give me a hard time and say something like, "just push away from the table." They were actually supportive, but I am glad that I didn't give them a chance to think before I said what I said.

I hope they come around for your sake.

I am getting banded 12/20 by Dr Morton in Nashville

Weight is 280

Goal 160.

Self-pay so this sooo stressful for me but I know it will be worth it!

I am also having a hard time sleeping. I think it is just anxiety to my new life!!!

I am down 7#s since my surgery on Tuesday. Go figure, liquid diet is absolutely less calories than what I normally consume on a regurlar day. The pain has been very managable, only 1 stitch bothers me when I bend down. It is the one to the right (my right) of the belly button, I think that is the one they used to actually put the LAP band in. It is the largest incision. Does anyone else feel like they can feel their port? When I wear my bra and sit down, I feel like my port touches my bra wire. It is very uncomfortable, not painful though. I think when I loose weight and my stomach is smaller I won't feel it. I can't wait for the 2 week liquid diet to be over, I am even excited about mushy food! I did not have a pre-op diet so I even feel more for those that had liquid 2 weeks prior to the surgery. I read that some of you who are a few days/weeks post op that you are not hungry. Have you had a fill yet? I have not and won't until 6 wks post op. I am hungry between meals! I fill up quickly with my liquids but a couple hours later, watch out...my tummy is a grumbly.

On another note, for those self pays out there and I guess even those that are not...how are your spouses responding? My husband eventually became very supportive through the investigation process. I thought he was totally on-board even when we had to pay 100% ourselves (which we did). However, the last couple of days he keeps repeating it....$16,000. I can't believe we spent $16,000. "You better not mess this up". I keep wondering, did he think that once I had the surgery I would be down to my goal weight immediately? Why now? After the fact? And of course his lack of faith in me is discouraging. I know the best thing is to show him that of course I can do it and will. But it feels like a slap in the face. I keep focusing on me and my goals and small sucesses one at a time. I know he will turn around again. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks.