Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hello - I am having surgery this afternoon at 4pm. I have been on the liquid diet for 4 days and will be really happy to not feel hungry. I am actually waiting for the insurance company to give me final approval by noon today.

Has anyone else had any issues with waiting on last minute insurance apporval?

Good luck girl! Come back soon and let us know that your doing ok. :-) I will have you in my prayers.

Thanks Hermosa! Everything you said hasput me a bit at ease. Did you not have a tube in your throat? I am under the impression that they put a tube in your throat for the anesthesia. That seems to scare me more than anything. Weird, I know.

I had a fantastic day as I had a root canal today :::sarcasm::::. I knew I was blowing off taking care of this broken tooth, but I am trying to tie up loose ends before surgery. Ugh. I actually feel okay though. I will just keep taking tylenol.

Beversman-I am so sorry about your family. I know how you feel. That is precisely why I haven't really told anyone. My Mom does know and is surprisingly supportive but my dad would harrass me until I changed my mind. I too feel like maybe I am just a huge failure for needing this surgery even though I don't judge others that way. I am still not 100% with my decision but deep down I know my history-lose 30 or 40 pounds then lose interest and put it back on plus more. I want to believe that this time I will really lose the weight, but the 15 or so times I have tried, the end result is the same and I end up even bigger. I really think we are not failures and we are not taking the easy way out. We still need to work at this, hopefully the band will just help us along! Best wishes and feel free to vent anytime!

Carol??? How are you? Looking to see how you are.

Also, someone was having surgery today too weren't they? I hope everyone is well.

Oh, and today I got the word that my surgery is approved. Yikes-this is real. Pre-op appt is next week!

Beversman-I am so sorry about your family. I know how you feel. That is precisely why I haven't really told anyone. My Mom does know and is surprisingly supportive but my dad would harrass me until I changed my mind. I too feel like maybe I am just a huge failure for needing this surgery even though I don't judge others that way. I am still not 100% with my decision but deep down I know my history-lose 30 or 40 pounds then lose interest and put it back on plus more. I want to believe that this time I will really lose the weight, but the 15 or so times I have tried, the end result is the same and I end up even bigger. I really think we are not failures and we are not taking the easy way out. We still need to work at this, hopefully the band will just help us along! Best wishes and feel free to vent anytime!

Yeah, I don't think it is an easy way out at all. Everyone here works so hard. I don't think there is anything else I can do, but man people can sure make you feel that way.

I'm like you though... lose 40lbs... 8 months later... i start gaining it back, and BAM! I am back to my big fat self. I dont feel really good right now, and I know it has to do with my weight. I want off my medication. I want to feel better.

I just get tired of them making me feel like i am doing something wrong. I know I am not the only one getting this kind of reaction. I like to get it out of my system on here becuase I know it makes me feel better to see that other people have the same thing going on... that we are not all alone in this. I figure other people might feel the same way when they see me freaking out.

They can think, "Wow, at least I'm not the only one thinking THAT."

(sigh) at least i can come here and talk to people who understand

hello everyone I have been banded. I am sore as all getout but I am going to make it. I must have swelled at the band cause right now I can't get more than a couple teaspoons down at a time. I am hurting moer in my shoulders and back then at my surgical sites. I had Jello Water and broth so far to day. No vomiting or nausea so I am thankful foe that. Well I will write later it is time for more Jello and broth. LOL

Hey girl. We are all thinking about you... Hope you're feeling better. Keep us up-to-date!

kaydotrn,

You are right they do put a tube down your throat to help you breath while under. But they don't put in until you are out and take it out before you wake up. The only thing you notice is a sore throat and cough. I highly recomend getting sugar free life savors or other hard candy. That and ice-waters really help. The part that acutally puts you under is the med in the IV, that is what freaked me out. I just kept thinking about my new self at the beach with husband actually being able to wear a swim suit.

Good luck.

Hello everybody I left Nashville this afternoon and got home at about 12 noon. I am doing great and I am not using any pain med. I would like to say the gas they use in your belly to expand it was the worst of the pain I have had. Hermosa1 described my surgery to a tee. It happened just like you said. Tonight I was hungry and I had vegtable Soup for supper the vegs were mush and I got about 1/4 cup and am very full. I am feeling great so far. As far as I can see not to bad overall.

Hi December Bandsters. My surgery is on the 11th of December. I wasn't sure I would having the surgery this year, but it all worked out. I'm so excited and nervous, but not scared. It's going to be my first step towards the light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck to you all.

Beversman-you are definitely not alone girl! I too keep thinking I must be doing something wrong. How can I be so successful in every other aspect of my life and foul up something as simple as eating less and exercising more. It isn't rocket science, but I do think there are way more factors at work. If it were that simple, wouldn't everyone be fit?

I am glad you come here to vent...it helps you get it off your chest and it helps the rest of us feel less alone in this journey!

Carol-glad to hear you are feeling well. Keep us updated.

Hermosa-again you relieved me. I had this picture from ER that they are intubating me while I am concious or taking it out after I wake up-SCARY!thanks for clearing that up.

Baby=good luck on your pre-op diet. You will rock!!!

Anyword from thininde? I hope the surgery went well. Sending my thoughts!!!

KayDotRn:

I just noticed we are gettin our lapbands done on the same day! So, we only have 12 days to go!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Are you stocking up on the things you will need to have when you get home? I just bought some chicken broth, gatorade, carnation instant Breakfast (which I don't think I can have till week 2) and I thought, how can I just eat broth and gatorade?????

Then I remember, Oh yeah, cuz I won't be hungry!!!! Also, we will be swollen on the inside and healing, so we won't really feel like eating is what my friend who had it done, told me. By the time you get hungry, you can eat mushies.

What are you going to take in your overnight bag? I heard someone say you should have a heating pad when you get home and gas x.

Talk to you soon! Audree

I had breakfast this morning a hard boiled egg and 1/2 piece of bacon. food is as good as I remember. I am having a problem with my reg meds I tried to crush them and mixed them in baby food . UGH...... I threw up on my own chest. I havent had my depression meds in a week nearly and I am sobbing on and off. My daughter took my grandaughter to a Cheetah Girls concert so everytime I cry she tells me something about the concert and I start to laugh at the same time. I have managed to get my meds down whole so I should feel better in a day or two. No pain meds ! Why ? Because I am not hurting!!!!! All is not lost LOL. Will talk later

Carol, I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I hope you'll be feeling better soon. It's great that you're family is there making you laugh. My surgery is on the 11th of this month and taking medication is what worries me. It's great that you're not having to take pain medication! Take care.

Audree--Another surgery sister! I just ordered some Designer whey Protein powders to make shakes so post op. I also have broths and will buy some cream Soups and stock up on SF FF Jello pudding. I can also have very thin hot Cereal as well as whipped cottage cheese not too long after surgery. I am scared and nervous but excited too!

I have not really thought about what to pack in my overnight bag. I will prbably bring some SF lifesavers (per Hermosa) in case my throat is hurting, I can't really think of what to bring. Anyone else have any ideas?

it will be here before we know it!

Carol--glad to hear you have a great family supporting you. I cannot believe you have no pain. That is fantastic! I hope to be so lucky. Please try to stop throwing up on yourself--just kidding. I hope that works itself out too. I just have a tiny HCTZ pill so I hope that won't be too much trouble. Hang in there!

Hello everyone. Thanks for the great food ideas. I keep 3 papers by my computer labeled week 1,2,and 3. Everytime I read an idea of what I can eat I jot it down. You all are very helpful. (The trick will be remembering to take the lists with me when I go shopping!)

I live on Vancouver Island, we have one bariatric surgeon here. My reg GP has given him my name. I am to call him and see if I can get a consult before /after my surgery. I plan to do that today. Don't know why I am procrastinating. I guess I am afraid he will rain on my parade. I also know he takes over a year to get in to see, so I am assuming I will be out of luck. I need to think more positively in that regard.

My pre-op diet is doing well. I have lost 9 pounds in about 10 days, so I know it is mostly Water. I am still hungry but not as hungry as I was the first few days. Dr. Ortiz' office suggests losing 5% of your body weight prior so that is 14 pounds for me.

I am glad to hear you are all doing well. I think we all worry for everyone going through the low days, but having this web site will pull us through.

Another 11 days till I get banded! Yeah! I am so motivated. I wish it was tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves!

Good Morning Everyone!

I just wanted to check in! I have actually been getting certain foods out of my system before I start my preop and I feel sick!!!!!!! I have a stomach ache, feel totally gross. I have fat coating my mouth and throat. I almost can't wait to start my preop. I'd start early but I have a Christmas party on Saturday!!!

I AM SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT, I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to know something funny? My husband is wondering if our intimate life will be the same, since I am so sturdy LOL now. He thinks he's going to break me or something!

Audree