Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

mmmm...margaritas! haha Steph. I am happy you are finding things that work for you. Variety is the spice of life, right? Take care.

KayDot beat me to it... I will second THAT! mmmmmm Margaritas

Steph your doing great, and I keep writing down your "mad scientist" recipes to save for my future liquid diet dates.

You're blazing the Smoothy Trail my sister!

LOL - the margaritas got you going? LOL actually I don't like them, but the girls are do. Btw - when I say neices I'm talking ages of 34 down to 22.

Ok so I was in Walmart the other day and I saw the magic bullet blender - I put the bug in dh ear hoping santa will bring it to me.

My new concoction - chocolate slimfast with a 1/2 c. of frozen raspberries. I loved it - dd said she could still taste the slimfast - beware of the seeds in the bottom of the cup. I've always loved choc/rasp flavor so this was great for me. I still have a couple more cans of slimfast to use up then I'm going to try something better. Tell me your favorites.

Okay, it hit me today that I am really close to having this surgery and need to start figuring out what the heck I will be eating when I get home. I bought some of those Campbell's Select Soups that are in the cartons (expensive!) because they are blended and have not bits in them. I think anyway...I will try them this week and see if they are okay. I also bought SlimFast low card because it had the least amount of sugar and most Protein I could find in my local supermarket. I think they were 20 or so grams. Not sure if these are any good either. I say the whey Low (?I think this was the name of it) in my local pharmacy. The big huge container of powder you scoop into your milk. Has anyone tried this?

I had a braun hand blender years ago and never used it so I tossed it. Now I have to go buy something again. Did anyone try the magic bullet (:cheeky why does this remind me of a bedroom toy--oops sorry I know that is fresh but it does ). Is it any good?

So many questions now that I have final realized I am doing this for real!

I want to toot my horn a little because I am so proud of myself for hitting the gym 4 to 5 days a week for the past 5 weeks. I am up to 50 minutes on the elliptical and i am feeling really good. I was so freaked out about my "fatty liver" that I figured I better get my butt in gear before this surgery and I was hoping the workouts will help my recovery. Sorry to be all about myself today..hope everyone is well!!!!

I would stay away from the Protein Shakes with milk in them. The American Whey Protein powder(GNC or any health store) is great. Two scoops in a cold 16oz bottle of cold Water. Taste like a yohoo. I bought a very small food processor and used it for cottage cheese, and puree food. Not sure about the bullet, just know that blenders and such make air in your food and air makes gas. Soups should be low sodium and reduced fat. Campbells health choice is a good one. Good luck

Hey KayDotRN - Try to find the book Eating for Life by Bill Phillips, it is a great book with receipes, grocery list and I have made most of the receipes and they are great. Really teaches you that to lose weight you have to eat all the time. My doctor gave me the book and I started it on Oct 24th and lost 6 pounds by my surgery date. It works.

Thanks Mel,

I have both a small and larger Cuisinart food processer. Maybe I will have to start keeping those out on the counter. I was just looking for something easy to use and quick to clean.

I am keeping an eye on my sodium as I have high blood pressure. I was thinking that during the liquid phase I will have to do the best I can and will probably have more sodium than I usually do because of my limited menu. What is wrong with dirnk with milk in them? I was not sure about that. My surgeon recommends things like Carnation Instant Breakfast and other GNC type milk based Protein shakes. Is there a reason to avoid milk? Curious...

I will check out that book. Thanks!!!

I have been following WW since my consultation meeting to lose the 10 pounds required and I have been exercising religiously. 12 pounds down today. I am definitely interested in healthy options so I wil check that book out. Thanks again.

Milk products have alot more fat in your diet. Remember the trick is 120grams of Protein a day, Keep your carbs anywhere below the protein level, Low sugar (labels should be single digits and fats should be single digits) Calculate for the whole day, not just one meal. I also have 3 vactiv chewables (chocolate) for Calcium and 1 chewable multi-vitamins.

You guys have to check out this thread. I decided to post on it a few days ago to try to ease the worry of the woman who posted it originally. Take a look at the response. This woman is rude and ruthless. I just can't believe someone would be like this...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26021

I just wanted to give my fellow December bandsters a heads up in case you encounter her on the site. She could really scare the crap out of you with her "doom and gloom" opinions.

Hey Victoriaj.

I am having mine on the 19th of Dec. In Overland Park, Ks. I am excited and hopeing I am doing the right thing. I read that post by the other lady on lapband talk. She has sorta scared me. but i am going ahead anyway.

surgery date 13-19-06

Wt. 242

goal 142

Ht 5'