Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

I am being banded Dec4 in Nashville TN by Dr Morton at Baptist Hospital. I am very excited . I am also having a hard time with the preop diet. Right this min I am sipping on a frozen Protein drink. I am not impressed with these drinks. But if I do eat something it has been Vegs or lean meat so I guess it is not that bad. I to am a nurse and this some how seems to play into my guilt for over eating. I think I need to have that checked out sounds like my head is playing games with me huh? Well it is great to find the Dec bandsters. I feel like Ive found my own little club. We will all do this together and that always makes you feel better. Glad to be aboard. Oh by the way I am starting at 274 and I am 5'7" . I also joined Curves last week so I would start an excerise program. I am so sore but they tell me this to shall pass. LOL Well I hope so. :faint:

weight.png

lap happy...I am with you...this is a very scary thought. I think tho that we all are pretty committed to losing this weight one way or another, otherwise we would not comtemplate surgery to make us healthy. Down deep I just know that I am doing the right thing, and I hope that will take care of the fear! I just hope and pray that everything will go well, and that the band will be my good friend for life! I worry most about the pb'ing because I eat so fast now....that will be the biggest habit I will need to change. Well, have a good thanksgiving...and remember you are doing the best thing for yourself...I think we will be happy in the end!

a week from Monday for me!!! Oh my goodness! I don't have to do a liquid diet, but I'm going to start it hard core tomorrow, for now i have been eating one real meal a day for the past week. I'm going to try it!

My surgery is Dec 12th and two weeks before that I go on only Protein Drinks, SF Jello, SF popsicles and broth. I know I can do this as I know how important it is for the liver to be small for surgery as it lays right over the lapband after they remove the retractor. I'm nervous about being shakey and not able to concentrate during this phase as I have to function at work. Oh well, one day at a time. Happy Thanksgiving.

a week from Monday for me!!! Oh my goodness! I don't have to do a liquid diet, but I'm going to start it hard core tomorrow, for now i have been eating one real meal a day for the past week. I'm going to try it!

YOU GO GIRL!!! I wish I had that kind of will power! I go in to dr in about 45 minutes and I know I'm going to hear the pre-op liquid diet. I thought he told me 10 days but I was at a support meeting the other night and someone said one week. I know it'll be a struggle but I get more excited everyday! I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I did well, only one helping at dinner 2ish and 1 peice of pie later on then a small helping of turkey and potatoes 8ish - so that wasn't horrible - I thought I'd have the "Last Thanksgiving" brain but I did well.

i had been posting on the other december sx thread and just found this one. my stats are below and i am on day 5 of the diet, had a few cheats bit otherwise doing well. they say the 2week preop diet is the worst. I sure hope so. Anyway good luck to all!! Maybe we should post on the other thread that we are just gonna post on one so we dont get confused (i do that easily on this pt diet, lol). Oh btw I am a mere 5ft 1. If I was like 6ft I wouldnt be overweight, (i wonder if there is a sx for that?):Banane44:

:bolt: :eek: :) :Banane44: :Banane44:

Ariel, how tall are you. I am 280 and 5'3. I still am not sure what my docs goal is for me....but I would like to be around 140 too.....wow.....wouldn't that be fabulous it is a little amazing to just imagine it! Surgery date December 8th in Salt Lake City Utah.....is everyone doing a pre-op diet??????

Sorry it has taken me soo long to respond. I am 5'5. I really hope that we can both get down to 140. That would be soo great!

I am getting really excited Dec. is almost here. My doc. does not require a liquid diet but i am contemplating doing a few days of part liquids ( 2 shakes and 1 meal) I want the surgery to go as easy as possible. And to top that off i wouldn't mind losing a few pounds pre op. What are you guys doing? And does you doc require you to lose weight pre surgery?

Ariel I am on the post op diet and god am I hungry. I ate some popcorn cause I was hungry. I know I shouldn't but I did. I have my surgry next monday and I am so excited. my daughter has made me some homemade Soup and creamed it and put it in 1/2 cup containers and froze it so I will have it when I need it. I've stocked up on popcycles and Jello so I am going to make it. Are you excited? I am more excited about my surgry than Christmas. Let me know how you are doing.

BAD NEWS!!!

Surgery date has to be postponed!!:faint:

My loan is taking longer than expected because of the snail mail in military world! My loan documents have been on the way for me to sign for over a week now and once I sign them and send them back it will take another five days for the loan to fund. So i guess it will be another 2 weeks. Hopefully the surgeon will be understanding, he is on vacation and I had to email him, the office is closed.

I was so excited for next monday! i guess I've waited my entire life, what's a few more days. I will post with a new date as soon as I get one.

That sucks! stupid mail. I have had more than enough trouble with the regular US Post Office... I wouldnt even want to imagine dealing with the military aspect of it.

Hopefully you will be able to do it a couple of weeks after your original date. December 22nd is a good day! I will share. We can freak out together that way during the days before surgery.

Sweethot-sorry to hear about your delay. Hope all your loan stuff gets squared away.

I swear I posted on this thread before but maybe it was a different December bandster thread (maybe I am losing my mind:D ).

I am scheduled for BIDMC on December 18th. I will be doing my pre-op December 11th. No diet to follow except for the day before but I have been reluctantly following weight watchers and have lost about 11 pounds. I was pretty freaked out that my liver was considered "enlarged and fatty" so I have been watching what I am eating and working out almost everyday. I am still in disbelief that I am having surgery so I am not sure if reality has set in yet. I think I want to still believe that i can do this by myself. Reality is that my health is deteriorating and I don't have the time to give it another try on my own.

Anyway..glad to hear from you all. I look forward to talking more.

~Kay

I am really having trouble with my profile, and have sent alot of messages all over to get help. Can someone give me some direction on setting up my profile?

thanks

sweethot that is so disappointing, but you have the right attitdue. We have spent our whole lives fat what is a few more weeks. I hope that you get everything squared away quickly. Goodluck!

KayDotRN i see that you are getting banded at BIMDC. I am getting banded at brigham and womens. Are you from MA? I'm from Boston. Goodluck with your surgery and i'm sure you pre op dieting will pay off.