Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 mos out how much can you eat?

I am so curious at the amount of restriction you all have at this point. For me it varies on what I am eating. meat fills me up quickly. I can tolerate a whole English muffin. Certain sliders like popcorn and candy seem to not fill me up unfortunately. What are you eating? What fills you up and what slides right on through?:)

I'm about 12months (on Feb. 14) and i feel i can eat more now. Not too much but just enough to fill me up. Which sometimes i feel a little worried since i can tolerate diff. foods & i still manage to drop weight. I am at the point were my weight loss has slowed down. I've lost 152lbs. already. 8lbs. away from my goal. But i believe i will set my goal to 210lbs. instead of 220lbs. I've notced with certain meats its little difficult like for example beef is a little tougher but tolerable. chicken i have no problem with. Fruits & veggies i have no issues with.

Meggs, the simple answer is it feels like a alot. Tho I believe now it has become all relevant to what I was eatting prior and also initially post op.

Today for example I had 2 small sliders (awesome gourmet ones of fresh crab and shrimp..anyway I digress) at a lunch function with a glass of champagne and felt full. However can eat half a packet of Oreos and not feel full (dont recommend this at any stage but lets just say sometimes the TOM is just too much to handle).

There is a topic in the veterans board that has some peoples examples.

But for me now (at 17 months) it all just feels like normal eatting, I rarely notice my capacity as such.

7 months post op. It depends on what I'm eating. If it's on bread, "like a sandwich" I can only eat half. Any kind of meat is around 3 or 4 ounces. I love sushi, and max for me is 4 pieces. I can put down a good size salad, not sure of the weight, though.

At almost 3 years out it SEEMS as though I can eat a lot, but in reality, compared to pre-op, it is not. I absolutely still have great restriction. I CAN eat a lot more than I could a year ago or 18 months ago.....and compared to right after surgery, there is no comparison, of course right after surgery I could only eat part of an egg when I got to the 'egg' stage!!! LOL Now I can eat two eggs. Depending on what it is, I can eat a cup of food, or almost. Normally, more like 2/3 cup. I was told by my dietitian that they don't ever want me eating more than a cup. I can't imagine that happening, at least I hope not. I never feel deprived, with this surgery I feel like I AM IN CONTROL, whereas before, I didn't have a lot of self control. I CHOOSE to not eat something, I.E. when I go to the movie, the popcorn smells soooooo good, but I get through the lobby and into the theatre and I'm fine. I usually take a couple of graham crackers or something to snack on. Sometimes I take nothing. At dinner I can eat 3.5 oz of meat, maybe only 3, and an eighth of a cup of mashed potatoes if I happen to make them. A couple of bites of a veggie and I always try and have cottage cheese on hand, 1% and will eat an eighth cup of that.

Im 18 months out too. I can eat more than I could at one year but just barely. I dont try to eat more. I just eat till I am full and then stop. I am eating about a cup of food at a time, depending on the density of it. I still dont eat bread because it takes up my room. I can not eat very much meat or shrimp. Maybe 2 oz if I have a bite or two of veggies. If I only have meat, then I can only eat about 3 oz. I would say I can eat just a little more than I could at one year. I was eating about 6 or 8 normal bites at one year and now I can eat about 10 bites. If that makes sense. From 1/2 to 3/4 cup went up to about 1 cup and then I am uncomfortable. My husband says that in the last few weeks, I am hardly eating at all and I noticed myself getting fuller faster.. Guess my restriction is still excellent. I was maintaining at 135 or less for three months and then I had my plastics done three months ago and my restriction was very good during the iniital weeks and I lost about 5 pounds- down to 129, but I have since bounced back to 132. I have been holding 132 since December 2012. I think this is the weight my body likes so I am in a routine that is good for me. HTH.