Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What good post sleeve habits are you starting pre sleeve?

For me-

No Diet Coke. Diet Dr Pepper, etc. still drinking coffee though.

Eating off salad plates

Weighing and measuring my food

Tracking on My Fitness pal - and being totally honest about writing down every bite!

Eating with a cocktail fork

Taking dime size bites

Chewing bites A Lot

Not drinking with meals

The last three are my newest ones- still a work in progress, but I figure anything I can do now will pay off ten fold down the road...anything to make post sleeve life easier! How about you?

For me-

No Diet Coke. Diet Dr Pepper' date=' etc. still drinking coffee though.

Eating off salad plates

Tracking on My Fitness pal - and being totally honest about writing down every bite!

Taking dime size bites

Chewing bites A Lot

Not drinking with meals

The last three are my newest ones- still a work in progress, but I figure anything I can do now will pay off ten fold down the road...anything to make post sleeve life easier! How about you?

[/quote']

I've been Doing a 1240 cal intake

I did a lot of really general yet critical (in my opinion) stuff

I stopped eating all processed sugar. no soda, no Cookies, that kind of crap stopped.

I stopped drinking all soda.

I started really paying attention to what a true serving is, and YES that means pulling out the good old digital kitchen scale.

I am just now starting a few, will add more in the future. I REALLY want to do this correctly, so a few now and a few in the future. No soda,changed to s salad plate, no Water with meals, doing half Decaf, half reg coffee. I work at night, so the coffee if a tough one. Good luck everyone..remember small steps:)

For me-

No Diet Coke. Diet Dr Pepper' date=' etc. still drinking coffee though.

Eating off salad plates

Taking dime size bites

Chewing bites A Lot

Not drinking with meals

[/quote']

I have been doing the same things... Will add:

Not using a straw anymore

Using cocktail spoons and forks: what a difference when I forget them in. Y bag and I use a regular fork!

No coffee at all and no more sodas

Still forgetting about the drinking during meals-- working hard in that one.

I am just now starting a few' date=' will add more in the future. I REALLY want to do this correctly, so a few now and a few in the future. No soda,changed to s salad plate, no Water with meals, doing half Decaf, half reg coffee. I work at night, so the coffee if a tough one. Good luck everyone..remember small steps:)[/quote']

I work night shift and the coffee was hard for me... Ice chips!! Help so much way better than a cup of coffee. I work at a hosp so I have the "good ice" try it...

I guess its good i have never had anything to drink while eating....

Yikes! my surgery is in 3 weeks and I haven't been told to do any of these things. Also, I'm supposed to have liquid diet only one week before surgery, but I see most have 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Yikes! my surgery is in 3 weeks and I haven't been told to do any of these things. Also' date=' I'm supposed to have liquid diet only one week before surgery, but I see most have 2 weeks. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Don't worry about it, you can start working on a few now. The only reason some of us know more is that we've been lurking on VST on both the pre and post op sides, or have a family member or friend who had a sleeve and we've learned from them. You'll do fine! My surgeon doesn't have us on a liquid diet- just very low carb and then liquid 30 or so hours ahead....I remember for my husband it was very quick window of liquid only pre-op. post op, different story...3 weeks liquid only! Then 3 weeks soft foods then very slowly work into regular foods. Good luck with surgery- I'm sure you'll do great!

Thank you!! =^..^=

I've started working out 5x week, journaling, not eating/drinking at the same time, no alcohol, no caffeine, and drinking 64 oz of Water daily.

Im down 9 pounds doing 1240 cal come on sleeve date

These are great tips guys! Keep them coming! I'm also working on losing weight before surgery- I started in December and as of today have lost 11 lbs. I'm on a 1950 cal diet- tracking with my fitness pal and it's worked out really well. I'm able to fit in things I can't have after surgery (at least for a while) so I don't feel the need to have a huge "food funeral" before surgery and gain even more weight I'll have to lose afterwards. I've had premium chocolate fudge ice cream, eating out at Olive Garden (check out their new small plates- chicken with red wine sauce..$5!), BBQ beef brisket, etc. I was on 2250 calories but wasn't really losing with that (at 320 lbs) so I bumped it down just a tad...hit a sweet spot for now anyways!

I just saw my Nutritionist last thursday and she put me on an up-to-1600 cal diet. Replacing a meal (usually breakfast) with a Protein Shake along with healthy options to make each meal around 400 cal with no more than 50 carbs, and Snacks 150 cal w/no more than 15 carbs. All protien based meals.

New habits.... NEVER eat in front of the TV.... small bites, putting fork down and chew, chew. chew... nothing to drink for 1/2 hr before or after (really hard for me as i like to wash everything down) and measure and weigh EVERYTHING. Also i made my nutritionist friend me on my fitness pal so it makes me feel like she is always checking up on me.

And Now......OFF TO THE GYM!

Im also on my fitness pal making myself accountable for everything including my gum