Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ordered my first white wine

Girl! go get me a coffee!!

Haha! I gotta an unused gift card!

There seems to be this new thing going around about sleeve size! Don't buy into it it's really not a big difference between them!

And Fiddleman is 7 months out? So he can handle a bit more :)

Really? It seems like 34-38 do better than 40+ bougies. Just my observation. I'm a revision (ugh!) so I'm worried I may need tighter because I have a big appetite, I eat and can eat more 2 mins later and feel like I never ate. So it's not food choices it's volume for me.

Just researching, I'm SO scared this wont work for me like my band. Sigh.

Nah don't be scared. I'm sure it will work better than the band! You'll be fine.

If you do a search you will see the difference in sizes... And this surgery is a lot different than the band so I wouldn't worry about that! :)

Really? It seems like 34-38 do better than 40+ bougies. Just my observation. I'm a revision (ugh!) so I'm worried I may need tighter because I have a big appetite' date=' I eat and can eat more 2 mind later and feel like I never ate. So it's not food choices it's volume for me.

Just researching, I'm SO scared this wont work for me like my band. Sigh.[/quote']

Oh do not worry about it not working! I think I have only read about 1-2 cases where someone gained and it didn't work, but I am not even sure they were legit cases. Everyone has been successful to some extent with the sleeve and it only gets better over time as you get more active and really nail down eating habits that work for you. Also, do not buy into the 60% weight loss statistic that you often hear about during seminars. This is average that includes people who do not exercise, make poor food choices or otherwise expect the sleeve to be more then just a tool. Your success is what you make it! It is hard not to succeed and reach ideal weight just by watching what you eat ( limit bad food choices), drinking Lots of Water, exercising and eating high Protein diet. And cravings truly do lose their magnetic pull the longer you abstain from them. That does not mean you give them up completely, but try not to be centered around foods that you have trouble with.

Fiddle, what was the restaurant. I think I know it :) We had a management retreat in Seattle not long after I got out of hospital and I loved the joint. I had that little chocolate ice cream with no issues :P

For your next dining safari try RN74 downtown. It's a perfect sleeve joint as they are a tasting menu and they pace the meal well if you have more than one course. I've had no issues with anything they have served me in three trips there. Lark is also great for their small portions (tasting menu size).

And I forget who asked but red wine and white wine don't differ as to how they effect your tummy. I drink both with no problem. I can drink a couple of glasses of wine without tipping over, though I'm much slower than I used to be! I've become the queen of the half glass request LOL

I drink mostly white since my sleeve because the TPN really threw my palate off wack and good reds are still kind of wasted on me. I used to be able to pick out the most subtle flavors and now I just don't get them :( But...it's great to keep practicing LOL

Some people have issues with the tannins in wines, which you'll find more of in red than white. I do find that they bother me more now than they ever did. Three glasses of red wine during a day will ensure a pounding headache the next day, but with whites I'm fine. (people say thats sulfates which is a myth...it's the tannins that are an issue). I don't know why tannins effect me now more. I should ask a wine chemist....I wonder if the high Protein diet makes a difference? We collect pinot noir so it kind of sucks!

White and red wines have very low carb counts and the calories aren't bad either as long as you aren't drinking fortified wines or cheaper sparkling (where they add actual sugar to the wine). It's like 120 to 150 cals and 2 to 5 carbs per glass. I make sure to log it into my daily food intake and still don't ever go over my 800 limit.

I never have gotten the instant drunk thing though. I wonder if it's because you went so long without alcohol and if that will go away?

Fiddle' date=' what was the restaurant. I think I know it :) We had a management retreat in Seattle not long after I got out of hospital and I loved the joint. I had that little chocolate ice cream with no issues :P

For your next dining safari try RN74 downtown. It's a perfect sleeve joint as they are a tasting menu and they pace the meal well if you have more than one course. I've had no issues with anything they have served me in three trips there. Lark is also great for their small portions (tasting menu size).

And I forget who asked but red wine and white wine don't differ as to how they effect your tummy. I drink both with no problem. I can drink a couple of glasses of wine without tipping over, though I'm much slower than I used to be! I've become the queen of the half glass request LOL

I drink mostly white since my sleeve because the TPN really threw my palate off wack and good reds are still kind of wasted on me. I used to be able to pick out the most subtle flavors and now I just don't get them :( But...it's great to keep practicing LOL

Some people have issues with the tannins in wines, which you'll find more of in red than white. I do find that they bother me more now than they ever did. Three glasses of red wine during a day will ensure a pounding headache the next day, but with whites I'm fine. (people say thats sulfates which is a myth...it's the tannins that are an issue). I don't know why tannins effect me now more. I should ask a wine chemist....I wonder if the high Protein diet makes a difference? We collect pinot noir so it kind of sucks!

White and red wines have very low carb counts and the calories aren't bad either as long as you aren't drinking fortified wines or cheaper sparkling (where they add actual sugar to the wine). It's like 120 to 150 cals and 2 to 5 carbs per glass. I make sure to log it into my daily food intake and still don't ever go over my 800 limit.

I never have gotten the instant drunk thing though. I wonder if it's because you went so long without alcohol and if that will go away?[/quote']

I do not know the answer to the instant drunk thing. It made me pretty sociable! Although my wife kept telling me to stop posting on VST during dinner. LOL. I won't do that next time ( if she is reading this) :) the name of the place is Assaggio ristorante. I felt like I was back in a small alleyway eating dinner in Roma. The wait staff was very warm and courteous. The owner came out to find out how we were doing. Overall, it is worth the money for the fine dining experience.

Sounded like the same place :) We loved it and got similarly wonderful reactions from our team as well. They had a charred octopus special that night that was beyond devine. I had the wild boar bolonase (sp?) hold the Pasta (as I was more recently out of surgery than you were).

I only tasted wine that night but they had a great menu! That was our third day out with the retreat and I must admit I was almost too tired to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to going back now that I have a much more expanded diet. :)

I thought we can not drink for six months

It really is different with every doctor. Some say 3, some say 6, some say 12 and some, god forbid, say never. Follow the advice of your doctor. They have a good reason for setting these rules. Just to let you know, I was about 7 months when having my first glass of St michelle Chardonnay. It was very nice and only one was enough.