Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 25 Surgery Date-Now I want to Cancel!

I just got my surgery date which is Feb 25th and now I am having second thoughts and want to cancel. How am I going to make it thru another 26 days! I know if I do - I will regret it!

I just got my surgery date which is Feb 25th and now I am having second thoughts and want to cancel. How am I going to make it thru another 26 days! I know if I do - I will regret it!

Congratulations on getting your date! You trust your surgeon and your reasons for moving forward with surgery are all still in place. You can make it the next few weeks. Try and focus on all you'll be able to do after surgery. Gather recipes, clean your closets of things you will never need again. Start your exercise plan...

Prepare yourself yes, but try not to only focus on fear of complications. You can do this!! 26 days to a new way of life!

I know where you're coming from. I backed out of my 1st attempt to start this treck, but a month later I did it. The turning point for me was when I realized that my life wasn't going to get any better - I hated going out anywhere, I was always hurting somewhere, and I could onlys see myself getting fatter and more miserable. I realized that after 30 plus years of trying to do it on my own, I couldn't lose weight without help. The next month I was back on track and was sleeved in about 4 weeks. Hang in there, it is worth it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I change my mind at least twice a day and then I do the same thing - thinking another summer of not being able to do things with my family. Looking like this!

Ask yourself why, you want to back out. Make a list of every thing about being heavy right now that you hate. Make another list of all the great things that you could be doing in a slimmer, healthier state. Go read the thread "What Straw Broke The Camel's Back". Have a real and honest conversation with yourself. Right now, you are taking years off your life, years that could be spent with family and loved ones. For what? For the love and comfort of food? I don't know you, and I am not judging you at all, but if you come through this as far as getting your date, then there's something there inside your head telling you that you need to do this. Will this process be easy? No, Will this process hurt? Most likely. Will this process be frustrating? Absolutely. Will this process be worth it? More than you could ever dream. You have the opportunity to make real, life altering changes in yourself. The surgery is only the very first baby step though. It is a tool that will open a door to places that you may have never been, a healthier, livelier you. I've been heavy 47 of my 55 years. I was probably going to die within 5 years. DIE as in permanently not breathing anymore. I had too much still to do. My bucket list is long and gets longer every day. I wish to the gods that I had done this 10-15 years ago, but now I am taking advantage of it. It has given me a whole new perspective on life, food, living etc. Everything that I knew in my head, I am now getting to put in place. One little act, of having this surgery has made a tremendous difference. YOU CAN DO THIS. You know that you can. One foot in front of the other, one baby step. We didn't get large and in charge in one day, and the surgery won't reverse in one day either, but you can do it! Hang tough!! :)

WOW, John Latte, THANK YOU!

I will be making my pre-admission testing appointments TODAY!

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I am not terrified of the unknown. I think once it's over, I will be able to breathe. Until then, I know I will be a bundle of nerves.

How did your surgery go?