Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I tried to do a topic search to see if others had posted on this subject, but couldn't find anything. I'm almost 5 weeks post-op and over the last couple of days I begun to have back pain. Nothing major, mostly just a nagging soreness. Has anyone had this experience? If so, please help.

A little bit of achey back pain is normal. But one thing you have to worry about with a high Protein diet is kidney stones. So if it is severe or stabbing pain, you may need to call your doctor.

will do. Just nagging, not severe. But will definitely keep my eye out.

Are you exercising?

My chiropractor has said that losing weight can cause some back pain - that your body is trying to adjust. I go in for monthly adjustments. (And I love the vibrating roller bed!)

My Doctor told me it was totally normal. At the time I had lost 42 lbs in 2 months. She said that the center of balance in my body was changing, and that's why I had back pain.

This is interesting to see and good to know! One of the main reasons for me to have this surgery is to relieve my back pain. I realize it will subside with time once the weight is gone, but thanks for posting!

My back has been killing me for over a week. I have had two failed back surgeries and my doctor wanted to put in artificial disks but because I have Lupus the manufacture of the disk said not in Lupus patients. :( Actually my whole body is achy! Must be this cold weather

My back pain was pretty much in control prior to surgery. On the 30th I will be 3 months post op.

Thanks all for responding. For the most part I'm glad to know this is normal. I do need to exercise as I haven't been. Only cleared to walk so far, but haven't been doing a lot of that as consistently as I should. Quite frankly, I have been trying to adjust to eating. I'm just struggling in that area. I can hear my body asking "what in the heck have you done to me..." Definitely an adjustment phase.