Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of those boring Success Stories :)

I am just over one month out from VSG surgery and I really couldn't be happier! Jelly (my sleeve) and I get along famously. I treat her well and she helps me out. I have no issues with any foods at all so far. Everything goes down and stays down and I don't get sick from anything. I only had one incident of vomiting because I was mindlessly eating. Jelly let me know she didn't appreciate that and I've had to concentrate on measuring my portions and recognizing when I am DONE, not when I am FULL. I never want to leave the decision up to my sleeve as to when I am done eating. When I am done, I am DONE and I push the plate away.

Like most people here I have struggled with my weight for most of my life. I don't remember ever being thin. My weight has been a huge source of sadness and depression for me-- I just didn't feel like I was worth being loved and my life was a waste. If I hadn't have had the surgery, I don't even know what my state of mind would be right now. I felt like it was hopeless--- lose 30lbs, see a pic of myself-- I'm still fat, WTF! Then lose NOTHING else despite working hard, get frustrated, give up, regain those 30 lbs AND THEN SOME.

Pre surgery I went from 273 to 250. Since surgery I've dropped almost 20lbs and countless inches. I am down from a tight 22 to an 18 on the bottom and 14/16 on top. I haven't seen the numbers I see on the scale in YEARS. I haven't felt this good or this small or this attractive in years. Taking the step and pushing myself through the process was the best best BEST thing I could have ever done for myself.

If you're on the verge, stick with the process. It's SO worth it. Life is better on the other side. ;)

I'm posting a couple of pics. The orange shirt was at my heaviest, the 270's. The green shirt was last Friday, my 4 week update! What a difference.

post-43101-13813662556659_thumb.jpg

post-43101-13813662557111_thumb.jpg

I love your story! "Jelly" is an adorable name you gave your sleave, I love it! Way to go on your weight loss and I wish you continued success on your journey. BTW this is not another boring success story, you are aiding others who are going to have "or" thinking to have this surgery that is how I made my decision "and have continued success" by reading these "amazing" stories, it gives hope!

Many Blessings to you!

I love that you named your sleeve! Lol! Great loss for only a month..I'm jealous! Congrats & keep up the good work!

Wonderful post! Thank you for this. I am having surgery 2/28 and am a little nervous. However, the fat has ruled me for too long.

Wonderful post! Thank you for this. I am having surgery 2/28 and am a little nervous. However, the fat has ruled me for too long.

I was hugely nervous too, I have always been afraid to have surgery, but it was only the first couple of days that I felt "icky" but after 6 days I went back to work and I have no problems, the only regret is that I didn't do this years ago!

Wishing you a successful and safe surgery. I bet you will get through it just fine. :D

Not a boring story!!

I totally agree...this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. It feels like complete freedom and peacefulness. I can't explain it really...

Congratulations--- You look great!

~Dana

It's freeing and kind of unbelievable to think that you're giving yourself this enormously powerful tool to finally get rid of extra weight. Once it starts coming off and you let the sleeve do the work it's supposed to do... I'm just giddy nowadays. The weight isn't 'falling off' but it IS coming off and I'm doing a helluva lot more now than was doing pre-sleeve. I haven't regretted a single moment.

What an inspiration! You look fabulous! This story could've been mine. I am 17 days post op and feel like I never had the surgery.....other than the fact that I eat very little!! I have not vomited things up yet, but came home starving after work and daughter's soccer tonight and ate too fast....a whole 1/4 cup of tuna and cottage cheese (combined)...if that.....and felt horrible! Good luck on your journey.....looking forward to hearing more about it!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement! Can't wait to be on losing side.

Stories like yours keep me ON my journey. I'm constantly going back and forth as to have or not to have this surgery. I dropped out before. This time, I promised myself to see it all the way through and leave the big decision to the end. I hope I keep reading stories like this because the negative ones scare me sick.

Congratulations on your current and continuing success!

Congrats! I'm really glad to hear that this is going so well for you. I am a week post-op and I'm having no trouble getting in my liquids and Protein, but I haven't transitioned to pureed or actual foods yet. Everything has gone so smoothly so far, I certainly hope that I won't have any trouble with those transitions. I, too, am really happy with this decision and can't wait until I am able to start posting my NSVs and success stories. Now, I just have to think of a good name for my sleeve--you inspired me! Wishing you continued success.

Great job! Love the transformation! And if that is a 'boring' story, I cant wait for your 'exciting' story! All the best! :) :)

My sleeve won't be born until February 4 but I already named her Bella. Can't wait. Bought a beautiful crocheted top in size large tonight to work to fit in. Congrats to you. You're gorgeous girl!!

Thanks all!

Himalaya62-- to keep myself from worrying too much about the scale and on my workout grind, i also have clothes I'm trying to shrink into. I have a pair of size 16 jeans that will ALMOST go up. I try them on every Friday. ONE of these Fridays they're gonna come up and I'm gonna lose my MIND!

I think that's a great way to track progress instead of the scale-- make no mistake, I am a daily weigher, but it's only part of the story. No one will look at me and say 'you look like you've lost 40 lbs'. They'll say 'you look smaller'. Inches are where it's at!

Can't wait to meet Bella!

Congrats! I'm really glad to hear that this is going so well for you. I am a week post-op and I'm having no trouble getting in my liquids and Protein, but I haven't transitioned to pureed or actual foods yet. Everything has gone so smoothly so far, I certainly hope that I won't have any trouble with those transitions. I, too, am really happy with this decision and can't wait until I am able to start posting my NSVs and success stories. Now, I just have to think of a good name for my sleeve--you inspired me! Wishing you continued success.

Let us know what name you pick! And it doesn't have to be a girl's name. A gal on youtube named her sleeve Franklin. She said it was just like a man. LOL!