Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starving - stop me !

Moon Goddess,

The craving for Mexican food has been the hardest thing for me to deal with too, but I've never made it and need to find a recipe so I can make it at home. I did find that that Old El Paso brand makes a Tortilla Soup that is very good, and if you like, you can add a little avocado to it with a dollop of light sour cream, YUM!

Moon Goddess,

Have you guys had any rain in the Austin area or around the lakes lately? Last time hubby and I went to check on our place on Lake Travis, we found that our Marina had to move the boat slips out to the middle of the lake due to the low lake level. Haven't been back in a month, so was wondering what the lake levels are doing.

Here's what I've been practicing even though its still a month till banding. Anytime I have a specific craving, I do something to take my mind off of it. Something that you CAN't Do while eating.....like- go for a long walk, take a soak in the tub, take a nap, do some scrapbooking- that way my mind is focused on something else and my hands are occupied. Its been working pretty well so far.

All this talk about mexican food made me crave it HAHA So today I went and got some pintos and cheese from taco bell and had some sour cream mixed in thanks to piercedqt's idea. I am not supposed to eat any Beans according to my dr but it is because they have alot of carbs so I knew it wouldnt hurt my band just not the best choice But oh man was it good LOL

The Fiber counters the carbs, that is what I was told anyway. ~Mandy

Well it sure was worth it LOL it was soooo good

I decided it had been a while and I wanted to give rice a try tonight. 2 bites and I was upstairs barfing, I guess it is still no go. ~Mandy

Congrats on the banding.

I know it sounds harsh, but you aren't going to starve to death. Something that most people don't know is that after decreasing your calorie intake it is common to go through a depression, so your moodiness toward advice maybe from that.

As far as cravings, give yourself time. I can't say I have been a complete angel the past year. I still have an occasional soda,although I prefer Diet Lemonade as the carbonation causes the farts :) and my co-workers don't like it. :success1:

Eventually you should get to the point where you can have a bite or two of just about anything, the trick if you will is to know when to stop. As obese people we don't know. It's something you will learn as a banded person.

Half the battle is mental. Whenever I can't eat what my brain tells me I want I just look at the food and remind myself how I got to 300lbs.

Best of luck to you!

What have you been eating, Pebbles? What would a daily menu be for you, as an example.

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

No problem anytime, this is a great place to vent when your having a problem their is always someone here for you!!!! I am 3 months post op and still have so many cravings, but I'm scared to try most of them for fear of getting something stuck or having the dreadful sounding PBing that thank god I haven't experienced. Sometimes I feel like I could kill for a piece of pizza or some rice and Beans. I mean literally "kill" LOL

Well right now I've been mostly having Protein Shakes because I had my first fill last friday and havent really gotten back into eatting anything solid yet. Im a bit of a chicken. Haha Im afraid of getting something stuck or PBing. When I am eatting solids I try to have 2 Protein shakes a day then for my meal I have a few things that I eat most of the time.

Fish and Vegetables

Shrimp sauteed with broccolli and garlic

Spaghetti Squash with ground turkey and spaghetti sauce

Taco salad with Ground turkey

Chicken and broccolli

These are some of my favorites

So generally in a day I have 1 0r 2 protein shakes depending on how hungry I am feeling I try to have 2 and then 1 meal. For Snacks I like bananas or yogurt. If I snack its 1 time a day. And when I cheat I like Ice cream LOL

I had surgery on Nov. 3, and I was doing ok. Tonight, I tried to sneak a bite of my mother's chile relleno, and everybody intervened and it PISSED ME OFF (even though I told everybody in advance to do just this if it came down to it).

Yet, I knew it was a good thing because I guess a fried cheese-filled somewhat spicy pepper isn't the best on a stomach that underwent surgery four days ago.

Anyway, I hate to admit it but I'm craving Mexican food. Rice and Beans. Chile rellenos. Tacos. chips and salsa. All with a big, icy diet coke.

Please help me, guys. What can I do to stop this craving? My first fill isn't until Nov. 30. I'm sorry if I come across as a whiner. I'm just truly craving Mexican food.

Thanks !

Hello,

Believe me, we all know where you are coming from. When I am craving spicy food, I get a pinto's and cheese from taco bell and add some hot sauce to it. Lots of Protein even though probably high in calories it comes in a small portion and is satisfying. Not sure if you have that where you are. Reading about the big icy diet coke about had my mouth watering. That is the hard part because carbonation will expand your pouch and you didn't do this for nothing. When the weight starts coming off, you will get satisfaction from your loosening clothes and other non scale victories. Hang in there...

I know when a lot of you read this you will go WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a dr pepper freak. When I was told i could not drink them after surgery I thought o.k. that will be o.k.. And for 5months I did not have one in fear of the problems the doc. told me I would have. Well the Texas Fair was going on and we go every year...I bought lemonade and it was sour so I took it back and the lady said, we will have to make more what else would you like I said Dr pepper. With the notion I would give it to my husband. i got it took it to him and he said just take a small sip because it was hot that day and we had no Water close to get. The stand had no water...so I did and it went down fine. Well then I told a friend of this that was banded and she said what she does is she will pore the soft drink in a glass and let it sit for 5min or so till the fizz is gone then she drinks it slowly. I tried it and it works no problems at all. Now, I dont drink them like I used to put when it hits me to drink one I do. I have been baned for 2years now and have lost 110. I am doing great with no problems Thank God....SO Please no harsh replys....This is my call. and it effects no one but me.

I also heard of letting the soda sit, I used to be a sprite fanatic and was told no soda then someone told me to open the bottle and let it sit in the fridge overnight and then drink it their wont be any carbonation left I havent tried it yet cuz like I said I'm a big chicken LOL but hey if it works for you and its not hurting you go for it

If I am craving coke, or pepsi, I go to 7-11 and get a diet coke icee. I am hooked on them and they are sugar free. ~Mandy