Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starving - stop me !

So, we will NEVER be able to eat rice, ever?? WHAT?? :))

DH can, in small quantities. For example, he can eat sushi. I have been able to, but I got my third fill last night. I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to or not.

I agree that right now, as your stomach heals from the surgery you must adhere to your liquids and move up slowly. However, I personally do not fight my cravings. The band assists me in how much I indulge in those cravings. When I want something, I have a rule I personally try to adhere to. When I want something, whether it be chocolate or in your case a chile relleno, I first make myself think when it was that I last drank anything. Many times, I find I am thirsty, and just drinking some Water, makes it go away. I think even pre band I often confused thirst for hunger. If I still want it, I eat it!!! I may not eat much of it...but I eat it! I think that is why the band is the answer for me, I do not have to eliminate anything from my diet. HOW I eat it, and in what quantity have both changed dramatically, but there is nothing but my own bodies reaction telling me I can't have it. I have and do eat rice on occasion, especially with Chinese food. I always mix a bit on my fork with other things, for instance if I am eating Sesame chicken, I cut a little bitty bite of chicken, and dip it in the rice, and I eat it. Lots of chewing, and no problems. Mexican food the same way, I don't have any problems with corn tortillas, in enchiladas, or tacos, they go right down. Flour tortillas, uncooked, or cooked soft, they seem to swell up and don't work! I can eat them if they are fried crispy! I know that is not healthy---but 2 bites satisfies me. Now if I could figure out how to cut down in size the recipes I always made!!! We have leftovers for days!!!

My eating is not something to follow I am sure, but it fits my lifestyle. Which is what I wanted. I want to share the birthday cake with my grandbabies. I no longer want to eat half the cake, but a bite or 2 won't kill me.

Don't stress so much about what you can or cannot have following your healing period. Everyone is different, heck each day can be different!!! I am confident you will find a way that supports your weight loss, and health, and also fits into your life.

Good Luck, I hope you have a quick recovery, and that the liquid phase passes quickly for you. Until then, enjoy the rapid weightloss! It kept me afloat during that time!

Kat

I can't eat rice at all, sorry to be the one to tell you that, some can some can't. Each band is different, I can olny eat really thin Pasta and very little of that. ~Mandy

Funny how Mexican is such a common craving after surgery! It was what I wanted too!

that is just so bizarre!! as soon as i was on solids, Mexican is all i wanted. i finally did give in and have chicken fajitas. i did have 1 tortilla but i used to have 3+, so i didnt beat myself up over it.

my goal / mantra is i can eat just about anything ... in moderation.

i feel if i deprive myself, i will obsess on it and once i 'allow' myself to have it, i will over do it.

just my .02

that is just so bizarre!! as soon as i was on solids, Mexican is all i wanted. i finally did give in and have chicken fajitas. i did have 1 tortilla but i used to have 3+, so i didnt beat myself up over it.

my goal / mantra is i can eat just about anything ... in moderation.

i feel if i deprive myself, i will obsess on it and once i 'allow' myself to have it, i will over do it.

just my .02

I totally agree that it's OK to have treats once in a while, and moderation. Once we've healed from the surgery of course. I do find that I obsess a lot less then I used to about food overall.

One of my first mushy foods was pintos and cheese from taco bell, I thinned it with some sour cream, best few bites I have ever had. ~Mandy

I had the juice from tortilla Soup on liquid stage and I have had some thicker tortilla soup with veggies, etc. blended up on full liquid stage. When you get to mushies you can have mushed up Beans & cheese. Just the little taste of Mexican was satisfying with the Soups. I'm looking forward to mushies so that I can try the beans...I'm 19 days out.

If you're allowed to have full liquids (in my case my doc said that meant anything I could get through a straw), why not try some gazpacho with cilantro whirred in the blender? It would give you the Mexican flavors you're craving so badly while still adhering to your post surgery plan. Add some hot sauce and it'll be delicious!

Hey guys ! Thanks so much. This has made me feel soooo much better.:)

The good thing is that I have lost 11 pounds. Yeah !!! So I keep reminding myself of that.

But I can't wait for the day I can have some refried Beans :( But I think I'll be good until then. A lot of it has to do with you guys !

I had my surgery on October 18th and will get my first fill on November 20th. I have slowly tried many different foods and so far have not found anything that I can not eat, as long as I chew, chew, chew and eat it in moderation. I realize this may change as I get my fill.

So here's my question, is it going to hurt me in the long run, or cause complications if I have a piece of bread, part of a cheese enchilada, or eat something that is not blenderized as long as it is chewed almost to liquified form and taken in small bites? Am I doing something wrong in not blending everything or eating something a little more substantial than mushies? I don't want to do anything that will make my band fail, but I haven't felt bad at all, no PB's, no upset stomach and no pain whatsoever.

I'd go more by what my doctor told me than how it feels to eat, while healing at least.

You're 3 weeks out, right? I was on mushy food by then, and was indeed told it should be blenderized. That even chewing all I could didn't work.

I know you are right. I guess I just needed someone to say it to keep me from backsliding. That's the great thing about this site, it provids the support when you need it the most.

I stopped the food "experiments" two days ago and started back on the mushies and Soups and just started counting down to my first fill and being able to eat regular food again. 12 days to go...

I know you are right. I guess I just needed someone to say it to keep me from backsliding. That's the great thing about this site, it provids the support when you need it the most.

I stopped the food "experiments" two days ago and started back on the mushies and Soups and just started counting down to my first fill and being able to eat regular food again. 12 days to go...

Good for you! :clap2:

I LOVE this site. I've learned so much and I know it's helped me so much already.

Fitzgerald~

I love Tex Mex food SOOOO much! I have been satisfying my craving my eating tortilla Soup. It is a better option than the usual greasy enchiladas I so adored!

Austin, Texas

Banded 10/19

23 pounds gone forever!