Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for people who dont argue, name call, dictate or generally just be nasty.

I believe most of the animosity here lately is being stirred by1or 2 people with multiple accounts.

It's a meta gaming concept that isn't being played out well.

I believe most of the animosity here lately is being stirred by1or 2 people with multiple accounts.

It's a meta gaming concept that isn't being played out well.

Yeah mate, I've noticed the language is pretty similar with a couple of the accounts.

I am happy to contribute to a group that is supportive and positive- I have had enough negativity, judgements and "shoulds" all my life- I don't want or need it on this journey. Even though we are all after the goal, and maybe have walked some similar paths, it is for each of us our own unique journey-

My surgery is tentatively Feb 7th- start the 2 week pre-op on Wed...getting a little nervous, its kind of hard to wrap my head aroeund the permanency of this decision. Always grateful.

Good job Aussie Lady :) Thanks for starting the thread - I usually avoid most other posts besides our Aussie one because people can be really mean and judgemental - it's why I stopped blogging actually on this site. Though (now I am being judgemental) I don't understand why people would post to this thread just to say they don't "believe" in it! What you're posting isn't mythical, it's just basic courtesy! Anyway happy to be here :)

Though (now I am being judgemental) I don't understand why people would post to this thread just to say they don't "believe" in it! What you're posting isn't mythical, it's just basic courtesy! Anyway happy to be here :)

I thought you were kidding. Sorry for my ironic answer which was an attempt at Python-style humor, "I would join this thread but I don't agree with it".

I didn't say I didn't believe in it. It was irony working off of her requirement of no arguing, The irony was that I said I couldn't post to the thread even though I did. Like Groucho saying, "I would never join a club who would have me as a member".

Humor really looks stupid when you have to explain it.

I should have stayed in bed,

durned insomnia.

Now I understand that this thread is not for me, I'm a bull in a china shop.

Hi all, I'm here. The positive train is coming. I have also seen many negative comments from those holier than thou, but that's just who they are and I try not to judge as we are all on our own paths to success and it's very much a spiritual journey, which unfortunately some people just can't handle well. I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck on their journey's and may you find peace and joy within your hearts in the end.

I think there are two line of thought on VST those who have decided after having this surgery they will never eat another unhealthy food ever and they will become the fitness Queens and Kings. Then there are those who just wanted to stop the ever expanding body and hopefully see loss while having a normal relationship with food. It is like the Dems and Republicans in the USA each side wants it their own way and views the other side as trying to sabatoge and destroy. We even had a conspiracy theory played out when a sister opted about her sisters near death experiance.

I wanna join. :)

I am surprised by this thread honestly.... I guess I haven't seen that much negative - I guess I think of it is opinionated.... and I sometimes have a hard time getting people to respond to my questions/posts... so it must be me :-)! I hope this turns out to be as positive as you want it to be - I would hate for haters to be out there!

Good luck to all on your journeys!

Good morning all. Looking forward to positivity and support.

Thank you. Im new here and i have noticed quite alot of sarcasm. This place is supposed to be for encouragement. Its disheartening to see that kind of behavior from people. I thought we were all in this together on some level or another. Im happy this page exist. Now i dont feel so uncomfortable asking question for fear of the "VSG Perfection Police" shooting me down...lol. Hi everyone' date=' i was sleeved on dec 17th. I have lost 28 lbs thus far. Doing well with eating, and just ok with exercising. But i am still a very active and busy woman, wife, and mom of 10 and 15 year old kids. Most days i have boundless energy, but usually at least once a week i feel like im gonna crash and burn out. Does this happen to anyone else?[/quote']

I'm almost the same as you! Surgery on 12/10 and three kids 10, 14 &15. Very busy. And most days I now have great energy. Ocassionally I crash and fall asleep at 6:30 pm. I've lost 29 lbs since the sleeve and it feels great!!! So glad I did this. Feeling very blessed as the inches come off : )

Awesome job gingerRN!! Glad to know that it wasnt just me experiencing something weird with my energy levels. I think it will get better with time.

I love this thread! Sometimes, people aren't looking for a "professional opinion", a scolding, or advice. Sometimes, people just need a pat on the back, a kind word of encouragement, and a "you can do this"! A soft answer turneth away wrath! And yes, we all have phenomenal inner strength to have embarked on this life long journey!!! Winners, every one of us!!!