Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for people who dont argue, name call, dictate or generally just be nasty.

As forum administrator, I have moved this thread to the lounge as it is more appropriate there.

As a fellow member, I am begging to be a part of this wonderful group as well! People come here for support, to vent, to learn they aren't the only one experiencing something and to be a part of a community. There is a big difference between being supportive and offering advice, and what some refer to as "tough love" because what works for them should work for everyone else. We all have different philosophies, as long we are happy and getting healthier, that is what really counts.

Happy to be here. I love hangin' with positive people who have positive energy. Sometimes we have to talk about what our challenges are but with support and sharing of wisdom we will all benefit!

I'm on board! We all need encouragement because the weight battle is exactly that- pre-op, post-op or non-op. I spent too many years obese and depressed and pessimistic and negative and insecure. I'm trying to turn that around one step at a time. I'm a realist now and understand we are all human. That's one of the biggest things my NUT stressed. I can't get down on myself because, despite "missteps" (if you wanna call them that), I am making progress and winning everyday! ****, I had wine, vodka AND french fries this weekend! lol You won't hear me coming down on anyone.

This surgery and my weight, in general, is a very personal struggle for me so sharing in here leaves me vulnerable. I'm sure others feel the same way so there's no reason to pour salt in anyone's wounds if they choose to open them up. I love coming here to share my victories, ask questions and talk with others. I'm so glad I found this place!

Ok, I feel like I'm rambling... Go VSG!

It is amazing what you have accomplished in such a relatively short time beth! Awsome job. Only 7 months. I can imagine how elated and lighter you must feel and how many new things you can do! You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for your post. I am 6 days shy of a month and doing ok. Fatigue is my only complaint. I am waiting for the all clear to start swimming at the gym. I knew there was a reason I kept up with my annual dues as I always thought one day I would be able to use the facilities. At 335lbs I felt I just could not walk in the place in a bathing suit. So, I am saying the heck with what people think and will go anyway wearing shorts and a tshirt. Keep up the great work.

*raises hand

I'm having a really hard time getting in exercise. I work, go to school, have a 4 yr old and a 4 month old, and my husband works at night. So it's like I'm a single mom a lot of times! I love to work out it puts me in a great mood but since having the new baby it's so hard to find time!

I'm having a really hard time getting in exercise. I work' date=' go to school, have a 4 yr old and a 4 month old, and my husband works at night. So it's like I'm a single mom a lot of times! I love to work out it puts me in a great mood but since having the new baby it's so hard to find time![/quote']

Chasing 2 kids isn't exercise??;)

Chasing 2 kids isn't exercise??;)

Oh man, yes! But I miss being able to pop in my headphones, no kids, and doing the elliptical at the gym. So relaxing. *cries *

Oh man' date=' yes! But I miss being able to pop in my headphones, no kids, and doing the elliptical at the gym. So relaxing. *cries *[/quote']

Check around, many gyms today have free childcare. Might be exactly what you want.

I really do not know if this includes me or not. I am VERY imperfect. But I also am aware of some of the so called "common sense" recommendations and practices. If people complain or fuss about something, but it is a direct result of a contradiction to what they would likely know was not appropriate, then what do you say?

I have a glass of wine, I eat a piece of chocolate, I have bread sometimes, I eat out a lot, sometimes I snack on crackers, or sometimes I eat fruit when I know I should eat Protein first. Neither I nor anyone else is going straight to hell for any of this. But if you elect to indulge in things that slow your weight loss or cause you discomfort, then ask for advice or input, then you can expect responses relating to that.

Support does not mean a blanket endorsement for anything and everything. That would be enabling. The line between enabling and support may be different depending on your perspective.

I do hope that I never judge anyone because I don't need advice when I elect to do something that I know is contrary to what I "should" be doing. When I read about someone posting a question or stating their feedback on what they know is a poor choice and I make a direct statement, it never meant to be directed at a person, it is about the choice and what might have been a better choice.

So again...I really don't know where my perspective falls. Within my own mind I don't feel controversial or judgemental, but others may perceive it to be so.

I hate all of you! I mean love all of you.... Damn auto type.... Lol.... Yeah

I hate all of you! I mean love all of you.... Damn auto type.... Lol.... Yeah

I'm adding you as a friend! Your replies are hilarious :)

See mom I do have friends!

What's for dinner tonight, everyone?