Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just cant do the protien shakes! Help!

Maybe try the Syntrax Nectars? They're fruity flavors and not the super sweet chocolate/vanilla that most other shakes come in. They also mix thin and many are honestly very good with Water, though mixing with half water/half juice or with crystal light is an option, too. There are several sites online that sell samples of them (I used vitalady) and you can try a number of flavors without shelling out for numerous tubs of Protein powder.

Also try mixing with warm tea, warm coffee, soy milk, almond milk - anything you can think of that will work with your flavor of shake.

It's hard to find a good Protein but it's really worth the effort, especially in the first six months post op.

Good luck,

~Cheri

Instead of a shake sometimes I have a plain fat free Greek yogurt (Fage) with half a scoop of Protein powder to flavor it.

Also my doc says casein and egg Protein are good sources. You can buy those instead of whey if you like. My favorite protein is 40% whey, 40% micellar casein, 20% egg white. It's low in carbs and fat and tastes good to me. I think powders that blend those three seem to go over well taste wise. A friend likes beverly international which seems to be a similar 3 source blend.

I cut out milk because of the carbs, but almond milk or coffee! make a nice shake.< /p>

Instead of a shake sometimes I have a plain fat free Greek yogurt (Fage) with half a scoop of Protein powder to flavor it.

Also my doc says casein and egg Protein are good sources. You can buy those instead of whey if you like. My favorite protein is 40% whey, 40% micellar casein, 20% egg white. It's low in carbs and fat and tastes good to me. I think powders that blend those three seem to go over well taste wise. A friend likes beverly international which seems to be a similar 3 source blend.

I cut out milk because of the carbs, but almond milk or coffee! make a nice shake.< /p>

Also works with ricotta. And bodybuilders use "sludge" as a boost: 1 scoop protein, 1-2 Tbs. Peanut Butter, and a tiny bit of Water to mix - it makes sludge. Chill it and eat it with a spoon. Sounds creepy but it works. I could hardly eat in the beginning and used this trick (with almond butter, I hate peanut butter) and it was a nice way to eat something "sweet" before bed that would boost my daily protein count.

~Cheri

I love Peanut Butter but not the 190 calories in 2T. I've ordered some defatted peanut powder (PB2) and ill be trying that this week.

I couldn't do it either until I saw advice in another thread that said to try Premier Protein ( costco) . I tried them ALL I couldn't even take a second sip with the other ones..even Unjury. Premier is softer and it doesn't leave that nasty after taste that makes u gag..try it...I got it at costco or u can buy 1 on Amazon to try...best of luck

I could never get my Protein in without Bariatric cream of chicken Soup and bariatric hot chocolate. Each has 15 Protein and goes down easily. The Protein drinks have been difficult for me too. I also eat Greek yogurt. I was sleeved Jan 9th. IM waiting patiently for the next stage where I will be cream of wheat and eggs.

weight.png

I have tried every which way different flavors and kist can't seem to do it. I have tried milking with Water and milk have also tried Peanut Butter but once I swallow it I start gagging to the point of vomiting. PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!!!

I like Premier Protein from Costco! Only chocolate though... Can't do anything vanilla yet and I'm not sure why!!!??? So weird but I like to pour my Protein in a smaller cup and take shot-like sips and get that sucker down! Weird, I know but it works for me!!! Just keep trying different ones and you will fund one that you can tolerate - not love - but tolerate!!

Also there are Ready To Drink Isopure Protein Drinks they have 40 grams of Protein. Are a clear ( a little thick) drink. There are various flavors I preferred alpine punch. Available at GNC, Vitamin warehouse needs to be very cold to drink

What is getting me through right now is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein and a glass of oj and a banana with like 3 pieces of ice! Blend really well. Also I use a straw to drink it' date=' because I can smell the Protein a little if I dont and that turns me off to it![/quote']

Another thing that helps is getting a Blender Bottle. When you drink from one of these you don't really smell anything.

I was one who also hated the shakes but I have to have them to get my Protein, I can only have the premier pre-mixed chocolate from SAMs at $18 a box for 12. It takes a while to get used to the taste and texture but now I just feel like I am drinking chocolate milk. You just have to search until you find one you can stand.

Have you tried Chike Protein Powder, it is the only one I can tolerate and you can order sample packs and they have lots of different flavors to try. www.chikenutrition.com

I called the nurse and he recommended I get New Whey Liquid Protein 42 g of Protein and it went down smooth and no gag reflex!

I felt the same way. I couldn't keep any of those disgusting Protein shakes down. Until a few days ago I found this Protein shake it has 20grams of Protein. Its by Sunkist natural and very delicious they can be found at Winn Dixie by the vegetables and at Albertsons grocery store no sure exactly where. But give it a shot.

post-47616-1381366243126_thumb.png

[ATTACH]8407[/ATTACH]

I called the nurse and he recommended I get new whey liquid Protein 42 g of Protein and it went down smooth and no gag reflex!

These are collagen based Protein Shots that I regularly go on rants about.