Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Pre Op Diet Failure!

I am having surgery on Monday 1/21. I've gained the weight back that I lost! I had serious challenges and slipped but tried to eat healthy. I don't know what to do. I called the Nut at OCC and she said just do liquids (this was 2 days ago). She said since my BMI isn't high that I would be ok. The goal is to reduce the fat around my liver. I'm so scared that they won't do the surgery. I need to drop atleast 5 lbs by Monday. What can I do???

Do liquid... I lost 11 pounds on my first 3 days of liquid

Which type of liquid? I've been doing the shakes.

do a clear liquid diet and take some stool softers

What type of preop diet were you supposed to be doing?

But to add to what everyone else is saying, go ahead and start your clear liquid diet. broth, Water, Decaf tea if you are allowed that, crystal light, SF Jello

Now as far as whether they will do surgery on you or not, that sort of is up to them. In my office if you do not take the 10 diet seriously you will be turned away surgery day because the thinking is that if you cannot take a 10 day diet seriously you will not take your surgery guidelines seriously. I'm not a nazi and I am not going to tell you that you did something horrible or anything like that because I think you know you messed up but you can get back on track. Give this some serious thought though. Do you really want this?

Do not worry yourself sick. I had a very fatty liver and my surgery went just fine. It took longer and recovery was a little slower but it was fine. Especially if you have a low bmi.

Don't fret too much..start those Clear Liquids. I started my pre-op on Monday (early)and have lost 8 lbs on 2 shakes and 1 under 300 cal. meal a day. I really think you can lose 5 by Monday! :)

Well all of my worrying was for nothing. I had my surgery yesterday and so far so good. I'm at Marriot hotel and this place is beautiful. Had my dinner broth with a lil bit of apple juice. I have some gas but nothing too painful. I didn't have a hernia that I was afraid I'd have so that was good. The doctors and nurses at OCC were so friendly and professional. I'm so glad I made this decision.

Yay! Congratulations. Keep up posted. I'll be there in just under 3 weeks!

Well all of my worrying was for nothing. I had my surgery yesterday and so far so good. I'm at Marriot hotel and this place is beautiful. Had my dinner broth with a lil bit of apple juice. I have some gas but nothing too painful. I didn't have a hernia that I was afraid I'd have so that was good. The doctors and nurses at OCC were so friendly and professional. I'm so glad I made this decision.

Hooray for you!!!

Amanda Rae