Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to you from a fellow March 15th Sleever.

Don't listen to those NEGATIVE NINNIES! If your physician believes the WLS is appropriate, that's the end of it and tell those people to go find something productive to do with their time.

I was sleeved 3/7. I feel great but I don't have any restriction on drinking!! I'm able to drink and drink! But if I drink broth I feel "full". Also when was everyone told to start Protein Shakes? I've been told 2nd week and then other dr said when I got home...

My doctor (who runs the entire Bariatric Dept at a top hospital in Florida) says first 7 days, CLEAR liquid ONLY, start Protein shakes on the 8 day. Sip SLOWLY.

I was told Protein Shakes about 3-5 days after surgery.. BUT.. I suddenly cant keep them down..they are too sweet so I went to GNC for the Isopure clear Protein drinks..its a little better..1 bottle is 160 cal 40g protein and you also get 20 oz fluid.. hope this helps ..I was sleeved 3-6..so we are just 1 day off :)

Thanks I think I'm going to try some tonight. I know my body needs something other than Water. (I really hate broth)

My doctor (who runs the entire Bariatric Dept at a top hospital in Florida) says first 7 days' date=' CLEAR LIQUID ONLY, start Protein Shakes on the 8 day. Sip SLOWLY.[/quote']

Yea I am not talking about the "thick shakes" more like the unflavored Protein In my crystal light and stuff. It's still clear and its still thin.

Yea I am not talking about the "thick shakes" more like the unflavored Protein In my crystal light and stuff. It's still clear and its still thin.

My doctors said to start drinking the Protein Shakes as soon as I got home. As long as I made it with skim milk it would be fine. I do agree, the taste is much less desirable now than before the surgery.

My doctors said to start drinking the Protein Shakes as soon as I got home. As long as I made it with skim milk it would be fine. I do agree' date=' the taste is much less desirable now than before the surgery.[/quote']

Lol..I couldn't even plug my nose to drink them..I tried mixing with yogurt, pudding water...nothing worked..so Isopure it is..not too bad..but expensive.. good luck

Hey guys

I'm finally on the post op side of this journey. I had surgery on the 7th and was discharged on Monday, so a total of five days in the hospital.

Now that I'm at home I'm really struggling to get my fluids in because of the gas pain which is in my chest so I find having deep breaths is really painful. Other than that I'm doing fine I had no major complications just cellulitis and an allergic reaction to potassium.

I'm going to try and keep myself hydrated because I'd rather be in pain than go back to hospital for an IV drip.

My SW was 102.3 kgs / 225pounds

My CW is 99 kgs / 218 pounds

My GW is 55kgs / 121 pounds

My height is 168cm / 5.5 ft

Hey guys

I'm finally on the post op side of this journey. I had surgery on the 7th and was discharged on Monday' date=' so a total of five days in the hospital.

Now that I'm at home I'm really struggling to get my fluids in because of the gas pain which is in my chest so I find having deep breaths is really painful. Other than that I'm doing fine I had no major complications just cellulitis and an allergic reaction to potassium.

I'm going to try and keep myself hydrated because I'd rather be in pain than go back to hospital for an IV drip.

My SW was 102.3 kgs / 225pounds

My CW is 99 kgs / 218 pounds

My GW is 55kgs / 121 pounds

My height is 168cm / 5.5 ft

[/quote']

The gas pains in the chest are no joke!! I found gas x strips and heating pad helped a lot!! I also had surgery the 7th

I went to my post op appt today. I was sleeved 3/8. I am down 8 lbs since surgery. Everything is fine. First 2 days were rough but that is just a memory now. I absolutely love my Dr and staff, they are all wonderful and caring. I start my 2 day trip home tomorrow and am not worried at all.

God Luck everyone!

I was told Protein Shakes about 3-5 days after surgery.. BUT.. I suddenly cant keep them down..they are too sweet so I went to GNC for the Isopure clear Protein drinks..its a little better..1 bottle is 160 cal 40g protein and you also get 20 oz fluid.. hope this helps ..I was sleeved 3-6..so we are just 1 day off :)

are these unflavored?

Hello Ladies' date='

I've been blessed to have a smooth process. I'm 28, 5'10 and 265 pounds; therefore, I've gotten some negative responses from others about not needing WLS. My height helps me look slimmer but most people have no idea that I weigh so much. In addition to being heavy, my health has been slowly going downhill. I have hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, nerve damage (that previously caused paralysis) and major issues with my bladder. Therefore my close friends, family and I find WLS to truly be a blessing! Losing 80-100+ pounds will enable me to be sexy and HEALTHY!! I started my process on Feb 5th and my surgery is scheduled for March 15th.

I send wishes of good luck, better health and sexier looks to all of you!

[/quote']

Best of luck to you also!!!

Pepper Paul- I'm glad to hear things are going well. Congrats on the surgery and keep being positive!

5 days post op, fluids/protein going down well. My issue is first pain shooting across my shoulders every now and then. Today I have constant pain in my left shoulder, using a heating pad but the pain is not subsiding. Any suggestions?

Has anyone gotten a weird taste in their mouth from the prep diet?

Bostonhok, that is ketosis. It is a serious weight-loss phase and good when low-carbing.

Have any of you done Ideal Protein? Low carb, low fat, low calorie, high protein. Similar to what we will be on. I lost about 60 pounds in 3 months on that, but gained it right back after being totally burnt out on the limited food. I like that eventually I will be able to eat "normal" food at some point, but that I absolutely will have to stick to the post-op diet. Thoughts?