Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got 80g of Protein in today!

Congrats mini_me! I'm scheduled the 29th and our stats are about the same. Hope you are getting to feel a little better.

Deborah

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Since I work the night shift, lady night was a test run on the liquid diet.

Ugh.

I did not like the shake brand. I also got up in the middle of my sleep becaus of a car alarm and had eaten 4 pieces of pepperoni before my brain realized I was not supposed to be eating!

The good news is that it is pre day 1 of the liquid... So I'm not too broken up.

It's on now.

Has anyone gotten a weird taste in their mouth from the prep diet?

It means your in ketosis.... It's terrible that's what I'm dealing with now...

Bostonhok' date=' that is ketosis. It is a serious weight-loss phase and good when low-carbing.

Have any of you done Ideal Protein? Low carb, low fat, low calorie, high protein. Similar to what we will be on. I lost about 60 pounds in 3 months on that, but gained it right back after being totally burnt out on the limited food. I like that eventually I will be able to eat "normal" food at some point, but that I absolutely will have to stick to the post-op diet. Thoughts?[/quote']

I did IP I lost 100 lbs in 6 months and gained it back within a year after stopping. The only reason i stopped was due to family issues. I was ready to phase off for a bit but a hosp stay stopped me 100% cold turkey! I loved it while I was on it.

The ketosis bad breath is a killer!! That's what I'm having right now! This I know is when I will drop, drop, drop!! :)

Since I work the night shift' date=' lady night was a test run on the liquid diet.< p>Ugh.

I did not like the shake brand. I also got up in the middle of my sleep becaus of a car alarm and had eaten 4 pieces of pepperoni before my brain realized I was not supposed to be eating!

The good news is that it is pre day 1 of the liquid... So I'm not too broken up.

It's on now.[/quote']

I work nights as well and for work nights only I eat a 5 oz lean meat and a salad with cucumbers, eggs and onions. Oil and vinager and a fresh fruit banana or berry. It helps me get through the night... It's only on work nights I'm good in the other days with liquids only...

Good luck to everyone having surgery on the 12th. I have to be at the hospital at 7:00 am and surgery is at 9:00 am. I am excited! !! Not nervous about the procedure at all. Just a little scared about the gas pain and nausea everyone is experiencing but it will be over soon enough.

I got 80g of Protein in today!

I drank 64 oz of Water before I was even up for four hours, got almost half that again already. Water is not my problem. I absolutely can't get my protein in. I have several cases of Pure Protein Ready To Drink shakes that I now cannot stand to drink, no matter how I mix it up. Two spoonfuls of thinned creamy chicken Soup (no chicken) and I have to stop. I'm not getting more than a couple of hundred calories a day and am just a little worried. I have tried everything from SF puddings, SF Jello and everything else allowed for the first week post op (sleeved March 5th)

Tomorrow I start puréed foods. I dunno, maybe that will be better? First thing I'm gonna try is some refried Beans.< /p>

I sit home alone, healing. My day consists of trying to get a good night's sleep (still not easy), and I watch TV all day and walk my dogs three times a day for 15 minutes each. My husband is away skiing until Saturday.

I mean, I'm just not hungry, it doesn't feel like I've basically only had water all day. But when I leave the house tomorrow (I have to do some shopping), I still think my head hunger is going to take over.

The gas pains in the chest are no joke!! I found gas x strips and heating pad helped a lot!! I also had surgery the 7th

I live in Australia and we don't sell gas x strips but I wish we did and I was too scared to use a heating pad but ill try one. Fingers crossed it helps

How is your recovery?

Congrats mini_me! I'm scheduled the 29th and our stats are about the same. Hope you are getting to feel a little better.

Deborah

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks Hun

And goodluck I hope you have a smooth and uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery.

are these unflavored?

No..they are light in flavor.. like Gatorade

I live in Australia and we don't sell gas x strips but I wish we did and I was too scared to use a heating pad but ill try one. Fingers crossed it helps

How is your recovery?

You should try shopping for the gas x strips on Ebay or drugstore.com... You may be able to get some shipped to you relatively quickly.. I hope this helps!!

Praying for all March 12th sleevers!! Successful procedures and speedy recovery wishes to all of you!!

I just had my surgery yesterday and thankfully my insurance didn't require a lengthy pre-diet but I did have to pay $2150 to the hospital before they would register me. I had bout half of that and I got a personal loan to cover the rest. I likewise have not blasted it for all to know. A few close friends, my boss who is like a friend and certain family members know. I'm sure I will get alot of questions once I start loosing weight and at that point I'll tell those who ask.